Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Honda Civic Stupid Hipster Commercial

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Honda Civic Stupid Hipster Commercial
    Posted: 25 May 2012 at 11:45pm

At the 0:22-0:23 mark of this video, you can see the band is called "Ra Ra Riot" and he calls it the "show of the decade" in the beginning.

LMAO! How lame can hipsters get? The song playing in the background is also Ra Ra Riot.

The song reeks of pure hipster garbage.

What is it with hipsters popping up everywhere now?!?!?

Why is it cool to like lame bands and claim they are "the show of the decade?"

The commercial wouldn't be as bad but the arrogance of him to say "it's the show of the decade!" just makes me roll my eyes and want to punch him.

"SHOW OF THE DECADE?!?!?!?!?"

Sponsored Links

lancer8869 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lancer8869 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 12:43am
I agree with everything you said. I have one friend who is a borderline hipster, and the bands he gets excited about are absolute sh*t. Although, he introduced me to Necrophagist so he redeemed himself a bit. The show of the decade would be a Led Zeppelin reunion or, you know, something in a STADIUM, not a dingy hipster bar. My personal show of the decade is once a year and it's called MAYHEM FEST
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 4:04am
Originally posted by lancer8869 lancer8869 wrote:

Although, he introduced me to Necrophagist so he redeemed himself a bit.

Throwing in an off topic note here, have you heard Spawn of Possession's new one? Christian Muenzner joined them now(not sure if he's still with Obscura or not as well), and it's...well, it's not for everyone, but if you're into the technical side of death stuff you should definitely give it a shot.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

Although, he introduced me to Necrophagist so he redeemed himself a bit.

Throwing in an off topic note here, have you heard Spawn of Possession's new one? Christian Muenzner joined them now(not sure if he's still with Obscura or not as well), and it's...well, it's not for everyone, but if you're into the technical side of death stuff you should definitely give it a shot.

You kids and your love of Satan!

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 9:22pm
If it's the show of the decade, how did they get front door parking? Looks kinda vacant to me.
TV_Casualty View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

If it's the show of the decade, how did they get front door parking? Looks kinda vacant to me.

I think it's only the "show of the decade" to him and his lame friends.

Remember, hipsters can only like something if it's not liked by many others:

"I used to see that band when it was just me and 2 people at the coffeehouse. Then, lots of people started liking them and I had to move onto the next band who only played for 3 people at the coffeehouse. Basically, I only like bands that play coffeehouses in front of tiny crowds. It doesn't matter if the music is good or not. If they are playing a coffeehouse, and there's less than 20 people there, they are the best band ever!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 10:02pm

I agree with everything you said. I have one friend who is a borderline hipster, and the bands he gets excited about are absolute sh*t. Although, he introduced me to Necrophagist so he redeemed himself a bit. The show of the decade would be a Led Zeppelin reunion or, you know, something in a STADIUM, not a dingy hipster bar. My personal show of the decade is once a year and it's called MAYHEM FEST

It is a shame that Necrophagist only released 2 albums:

Onset of Putrefaction in 1999

and Epitaph in 2004.

I don't know how Led Zeppelin is viewed in the Hipster community but I can see them saying, "They are liked by millions. Way too popular. They suck."

And if a hipster does like led Zeppelin, they are probably criticized by other hipsters for not being a true hipster. LOL

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 10:28pm

Confused...maybe it's just me, but, well..from the looks of the outside of the building, it kind of looks like 'The Show of the Decade' is happening at the local topless bar at the run-down strip-mall.

Wow. 

Guess I missed that decade (no great loss).
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 11:08pm
The Honda Civic is a nice car. I drove one for a while as a rental when my car was in the shop.

I just don't understand the trend of connecting EVERYTHING to hipsters all of a sudden.

McDonald's does it too in some of their commercials.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 2:25am
Ouch"The Honda Civic is a nice car. I" owned one for awhile - unil we got sandwiched between a rental and a old-style soccerMom GMC Sierra at a stoplight. 
Luckily, it was 10 A.M. in a lightly-traveled residential area - all that got hurt was me when wife slapped the crap out of me because she thought I put the car in gear and ran up into the car in front. After a lot of tears and pointing at the back window, she looked and apologized, gave me a kiss and a used kleenex to dry my eyes, then went and cussed out the other drivers for trashing our car and making her husband cry. 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Bena View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 9:51pm
Vampire Weekend, fUn, Gotye...does anyone ROCK any more?  And kids are alright with that? The only decent band I've heard lately has been Queens of the Stone Age, and they've been out for a while now.

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2012 at 2:01pm
"Yup, that's me, born cool"

Um, no? You don't look the least bit cool. Saying your cool out loud is like announcing to everyone how uncool and socially awkward you are. WTF is the point of "this is where I work"? Wow Honda, trying wayyyy too hard to squeeze yourself into that post college/first real job 24-30 segment by showing a crappy semi cubicle....because we'll all relate to that right?! Please, I have my own office and I'm 24. I mean it would be different if they tried to show what he did or showed a bunch of toys on his desk that show how unique he thinks he is, but just a flash of a cubicle and "this is where I work"....doesn't cut it. My office is LINED with toys. Also I drive a Honda del Sol, I am automatically better then this smug hipster.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2012 at 2:14pm
Whenever I look at this thread, I'm reminded of the promo for that new TV sitcom, Men at Work---about those "goodlooking, affluent, upwardly mobile, text-savvy" young hipsters.

PrincessOfTheAncient View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessOfTheAncient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 12:52pm
All Honda Civic commercials target hipsters and I can kinda see why. As hipsters are invariably bleeding heart liberals, the "environmentally friendly" pitch attracts them like maggots to a bloated corpse.
+ Self-loathing, lonely, fat, and bitter since 2008! +
PrincessOfTheAncient View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessOfTheAncient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 12:58pm

Originally posted by Bena Bena wrote:

Vampire Weekend, fUn, Gotye...does anyone ROCK any more?  And kids are alright with that? The only decent band I've heard lately has been Queens of the Stone Age, and they've been out for a while now.

Modern rock has been abysmal over the past decade. The days of Led Zeppelin and Queen are long gone. You now have a choice between Vampire Weekend and The Eagles of Death Metal (by the way...what?) Nickelback and Theory of a Dead Man.

+ Self-loathing, lonely, fat, and bitter since 2008! +
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 3:41pm
I hated this commercial from the pretentious "Yep, born cool" sh*t. 

DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 10:01pm
Anyone who says they are "born cool" clearly wasn't.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
He Hate Me View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote He Hate Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 4:00am
You guys don't even know how empowering a 5-day old beard with skinny jeans and t-shirt from your favorite street taco micro brewery can be.
Annoyedalot View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annoyedalot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 5:01pm
I'm out of the demographic by a decade or two.  Could someone provide a brief and concise definition of a hipster?  All I can think of is the Seinfeld episode where someone called Kramer a hipster doofus.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by Annoyedalot Annoyedalot wrote:

I'm out of the demographic by a decade or two.  Could someone provide a brief and concise definition of a hipster? 

Can't really be done.  You know it when you see it.  It might include black-framed glasses, hair styled to look unstyled, bad facial hair, clothes that are too small and maybe from another era, an overall look that says you don't care (but actually, you care very much).  For girls, black tights with boots, maybe no makeup or maybe overdone costume-y makeup.  But individually, those things aren't necessarily indicative of a hipster.  Like I said, you really just have to see it to recognize it.

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 8:23pm
Here's a good 411 on the subhuman culture known as the hipster:

http://www.cracked.com/funny-4573-hipster/
Annoyedalot View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annoyedalot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

Here's a good 411 on the subhuman culture known as the hipster:

http://www.cracked.com/funny-4573-hipster/
Thanks.  That was pretty informative.  I think hipster is what I've been calling liberals for many years. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic