Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kay jewelers commercial with young girl

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orion70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kay jewelers commercial with young girl
    Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 4:01pm
I can't find the link for this one, but it comes across as the new boyfriend/fiance trying to win over the single mom's daughter by giving her an open heart necklace just like mom's.  The guy sits on the swing set with the daughter and tells her he's so happy to have her in his life or something, and then presents her with this little black velvet box like he's proposing to her or something. Confused Mom is all ecstatic and grateful for the gesture. 

It gives me the creeps.

Sponsored Links

Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 5:28pm
I don't know... if he is a step father of some sort... It's rather depressing that thanks to perverts a dude can't even be kind to a girl without everyone going EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP.

So it's somewhat creepy, but, if you turn off the creepy vibes, it's kind of sweet, but it's a boobs and butt necklace.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
orion70 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orion70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 5:36pm
I totally agree with you on the first point.  It's not really about a guy being nice to a child that struck a chord with me, it's just the way this commercial was set up and the wording used.  
goldpet66 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldpet66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 5:03am
For some reason these "open heart" necklaces always remind me of a pair of testicles.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by goldpet66 goldpet66 wrote:

For some reason these "open heart" necklaces always remind me of a pair of testicles.

LOL  Now that you mention it...they do kinda.

CubaLibre88 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CubaLibre88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 6:27pm
OMG I SAW THIS! and i was like WTF the whole time .....like i guess it could have been cute ..but it just came across really creepy and tacky and like he's trying to buy off thew girl with jewelry because hey thats all u need to make girls like u .....they r sooooooo materialistic .... even when they r 8 years old ...oh gosh
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2012 at 6:22am
Originally posted by orion70 orion70 wrote:

I can't find the link for this one, but it comes across as the new boyfriend/fiance trying to win over the single mom's daughter by giving her an open heart necklace just like mom's.  The guy sits on the swing set with the daughter and tells her he's so happy to have her in his life or something, and then presents her with this little black velvet box like he's proposing to her or something. Confused Mom is all ecstatic and grateful for the gesture. 

It gives me the creeps.

Originally posted by CubaLibre88 CubaLibre88 wrote:

OMG I SAW THIS! and i was like WTF the whole time .....like i guess it could have been cute ..but it just came across really creepy and tacky and like he's trying to buy off thew girl with jewelry because hey thats all u need to make girls like u .....they r sooooooo materialistic .... even when they r 8 years old ...oh gosh
WinkAgreed!
I've been trying to find that commercial for a while, now.
I suspect Kay figured out that it was really a very bad idea.
What really bugs me is that Mom isn't too close, yet not too far away - she KNOWS what is going on and clearly approves of her new-found boyfriend impressing her daughter. Makes her as sick and guilty as him, even before he tries to play 'TiddlyWinks' 'DiddlyWinkies' with the little girl.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
dolly 5557 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dolly 5557 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 2:06pm
OMG I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS IT IS CREEPY.
dolly 5557 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dolly 5557 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 2:08pm
IT SOUNDS THREATENING TO ME.....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic