Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Burger King "Steven Tyler" (daaamn! VIDEO!)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burger King "Steven Tyler" (daaamn! VIDEO!)
    Posted: 16 May 2012 at 2:14pm
I'm starting to hate that random shot of him where he's laughing straight at the camera. That man could hold 3 billiard balls in his mouth.

Also wtf is up with that part where he blows on the harmonica twice while putting his hand forward into someone's face? So stupid and annoying.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Sponsored Links

JasperGretsch View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasperGretsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 1:00am
These new chicken strips are HORRIBLE. No flavor other than overcooked microwave chicken aftertaste. 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 12:03am
ConfusedEvery time I see Tyler in this commercial, I remember something else old and horrible from my childhood...like the old hag aunt of a childhood friend of mine who used to caw like a crow whenever she got excited about something (no, no, NO - I *did not* 'do her').
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 10:32pm
This thread just won't die..... just like Tyler. What next? Ozzy Osborne and his painted finger nails touching my food also.Dead
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 8:49pm
Did he forget to call you the day after?
Yiffy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 8:39pm
What a disgusting commercial of this hippo mouth nasty A@@ ugly man.

.. + .-- .- -. - + -.-. .... .. -.-. -.- . -. + .- -. -.. + -.-. .... .. -.-. .... .. ...

I want chicken and Chi-Chi's
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 7:11am
Originally posted by TV_Casualty TV_Casualty wrote:

He was good back in the day.

This is a great cd:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocks_%28album%29

Now, he's just a joke.

Aerosmith was excellent tunage back in the day (maybe they need to start drinking and drugging again?  When they went sober, they started to suck). 
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 7:09am
Originally posted by Annoyedalot Annoyedalot wrote:

I think I'd have a serious problem with him touching my food.  There are major league cooties associated with this guy.

No kidding.  Steven Tyler is the walking talking personification of Hep C.  I'd ask for a side of antivirals instead of fries if that human cornhusk touched my f*cking food. 
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Annoyedalot View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annoyedalot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 4:52pm
I think I'd have a serious problem with him touching my food.  There are major league cooties associated with this guy.
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 9:06am
Burger King still uses fire. Nephew works there. Want in on a secret? Your fancy food sent back at a five star often is heated back up in the microwave. Actually the microwave is pretty prominent in even higher end places
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 3:37am
If he had some round sunglasses on, I'd say he was a drag queen imitating Janis Joplin.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
TV_Casualty View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 3:02am

He was good back in the day.

This is a great cd:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocks_%28album%29

Now, he's just a joke.
Zach6848 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zach6848 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 2:16am
I'm tired of seeing this guy everywhere. Ever since he became a judge on American Idol, which is basically a show where musicians go when their careers have become invalid, he's been plastered allover everyone's television. I'm not even that big a fan of Aerosmith anyway.
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 1:46am
Tyler's funny, but he's gross. 

And I still hate that pudgy balding manager with the glasses.
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 12:39am
Originally posted by jeroboam jeroboam wrote:

Wow. I don't ever remember McDonalds being fresh or scratch. At least not since 1987. I worked there that summer, we got all our burgers shipped pre made frozen and just laid em out on a flat top. Mind you it is all more automated now and they are even turned now automatically i guess but I can say that there was an old man there that had worked there since the 60s and he said they used to peel and cut the fries downstairs but otherwise I think they have been premade frozen forever

When I was a cub scout back in the 70s we had a tour of our local BK (hey, things were slow back then). They actually grilled real burger patties with, y'know, fire. Nowadays you'd be insane to think that BK, McD's or any other fast food place is actually cooking your food rather than just nuking frozen crap.
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 3:26pm
They even have an automated cup filler! The person just feeds it the right size cups and presses a button. It's going to get to the point where Mcdonald's doesn't even need human workers.

Of all the BK "strange things are afoot" ads, yes "strange things", I think I hate this one the least. The Jay Leno one was garbage, and the David Beckham one was fishing way too hard for the female audience. I used to LOVE BK as a kid, it was my first choice for fast food. I don't know what happened along the way but I'm now to the point that I protest going there when my husband has a craving for a tendercrisp. Their nuggets used to be pretty good, then they changed them. Their fries used to be pretty good in the 90s, then they changed them, then changed them again. Also minute maid orange doesn't exist and that was the best fountain drink to compliment BK food. Fanta does not stack up. Now that chicken fries are gone I really don't like anything on the menu.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 9:23am
Wow. I don't ever remember McDonalds being fresh or scratch. At least not since 1987. I worked there that summer, we got all our burgers shipped pre made frozen and just laid em out on a flat top. Mind you it is all more automated now and they are even turned now automatically i guess but I can say that there was an old man there that had worked there since the 60s and he said they used to peel and cut the fries downstairs but otherwise I think they have been premade frozen forever

musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 7:21am
Originally posted by Buckeye001 Buckeye001 wrote:

I was watching this wondering what Liv Tyler was doing in a BK commercial. Good idea to get someone who looks as gross as the food tastes to shill for you though. BK is just as nasty as McDonald's. McDonald's, by the way, has gone off a cliff. I've been eating their food for 24 years and nowadays I can't even choke it down. I literally went bulemic last week when I tried to eat a Double Quarter Pounder with Big Mac Sauce and 6 nuggets. Couldn't even eat half.

I agree.  I used to really enjoy Big Macs.
Now they taste kind of slimy and weird.  The burgers are bone dry and salty. 

I think the truth lies in the food prep.  McDonald's used to be fast food, that is food cooked quickly from scratch.   Now they make all of their burgers far ahead of time and microwave them for a few seconds before preparing your sandwich.  I know they do this because I watch them do it.

I don't think I ever see burgers on a grill at McDonald's any more.

The problem is, we've gotten so lazy now that we will buy food from McDonald's even though we know it's terrible because it the fastest easiest meal to get.  Though the last time I went to one, even that wasn't true.  It took 10 minutes to get my microwaved burger.  It was the slowest most disorganized McDonald's I'd ever been to.

People need to start avoiding these restaurants until they bring the quality of food back up to fresh.

jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 7:02pm
Yeah I like this one too, and for same reason, Steven Tyler being Steven Tyler working at Burger King.
I met him at a coffee shop in Portland and he is genuinely a cheerful and chatty guy.
Buckeye001 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buckeye001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 6:08pm
I was watching this wondering what Liv Tyler was doing in a BK commercial. Good idea to get someone who looks as gross as the food tastes to shill for you though. BK is just as nasty as McDonald's. McDonald's, by the way, has gone off a cliff. I've been eating their food for 24 years and nowadays I can't even choke it down. I literally went bulemic last week when I tried to eat a Double Quarter Pounder with Big Mac Sauce and 6 nuggets. Couldn't even eat half.
Joined 4/23/12, Frequent lurker on CIH since 2009.
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 9:51am
I know we here at CIH tend to hate any celebrity hawking anything.

That said, as one who watches American Idol and has pretty much seen Steven Tyler on a weekly basis, I don't find this commercial offensive at all.

He pretty much acts like himself in it, that's what I like.

If he were made to be some stiff spokesman that was suddenly supposed to be some expert on the quality of the burgers that I choose, then I'd probably be annoyed.

Instead, it's kind of, imagine if Steven Tyler worked at Burger King. 

I prefer it over a lot of other ads BK has shoved at us in the past.  I get a chuckle out of it. 

I like it better than Jay Leno driving his car through the inside of the restaurant.

TeamEdward1976 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeamEdward1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 3:00am
I love Steven Tyler and his band Aerosmith,but this commercial sucksDead
Julie
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2012 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

ShockedConfused OH HELL NO THEY DIDN'T!!!!
Yea, They did.
Only thing that COULD have been worse would be Keith Richards' nasty-ass teefus showing up...
Screw BK; lost my appetite.
Pa, picture it - 1978 - my sister working in BK and yes, Keith Richards walked in.

I spotted him at a Friendly's a few months later (AND got his autograph!).

He used to live in my neck o' the woods. 

Hint:  Where Anita's boy toy blew his brains out playing Russian Roulette.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2012 at 4:31am
Some celebrities want all the exposure they can get....  LOL
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2012 at 12:35am
Has anyone seen that recent picture of Steven on the beach, in a Speedo?!  He is bony, saggy, wrinkly and droopy (3 more and we have a new set of dwarves).  Big deal for me is that I know people get old and out of shape, but when you do, DON'T wear a Speedo--especially if you are famous and paps are going to photograph you.  He looked particularly pathetic next to the 30- something model he is dating.  Just bad...
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic