Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chase Bank - at the zoo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chase Bank - at the zoo
    Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 7:52pm
I can't find the video, but this one really steams my clams.

A mother and daughter are sitting on a bench at the zoo when Mom apparently thinks it's the perfect time to whip a check out, take a photo of it and click Deposit all while explaining to the kid how it automatically goes right to the bank. Then she looks up and sees that the lion is ambling about and goes to take a picure while the little girl cries "No Mommy NO!"  - thinking the lion would end up at the bank like the check did.

OK, is it just me or does a day at the zoo sound like a planned activity? I don't think I'd be sitting around doing banking when there are a million exhibits to see. Each and every Chase commercial gets under my skin but this one really irked me. and the "No, Mommy, No"  plea was the final straw.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Sponsored Links

Bena View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 8:12pm
This one irks me too! In most part because the child looks too old to think that her mom's camera can send the lion into the bank. 
jenjen View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 5:35am
Originally posted by Bena Bena wrote:

This one irks me too! In most part because the child looks too old to think that her mom's camera can send the lion into the bank. 

I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING!! Would have been a little more effective if the child actress were 3 or 4 because  kids that age are so  literal...still would have been annoying but more believable...my first thought was dang mom you have one dumb kid!
sandy345 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandy345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 8:14pm
The child is a total moron. And her whiny voice makes me head for the remote Fast.
dreamboat View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreamboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 10:01pm

Why do ad people think they're creative? The attempt to make us say, "Oh, isn't that cute? The little girl is afraid that the lion will end up in the bank." is a total failure. What we think is, "That is massively stupid!" My question is, why don't the ad people know it's stupid? They do market research, they have focus groups, and despite all of those resources, this is the best they can come up with?

I would give real money to be able to sit down with a group of top ad execs' and ask about 2 dozen questions. Question 1 would be framed something like this: "Are you people complete idiots?" Many examples will follow to prove that they are. Question 2: "Why do hate us viewers? And don't pretend you don't." To prove my point, I'll reference a pile of terrible commercials and point out, in excruciating detail, why they're condescending, insulting, insipid, and most importantly - why their ad makes me hate the product - the exact opposite of the reaction they intended. I'll make them cry. 
sandy345 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandy345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 7:43pm
This commercial has been on a lot lately. That kid is so annoying with her screaming  No Mommy then footage of the lion walking through the bank. Can this commercial be retired please.
TV_Casualty View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 11:05pm

The commercial is extremely corny.
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 12:04am
The kid looks to be about 10 years old.  No way in hell should she think the lion would end up bank.  What the fuc?
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic