Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Internet Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ads before movie trailers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pervis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ads before movie trailers
    Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 12:18am
There are several big blockbuster movies I'm looking forward to or I'm at least interested in, coming out this summer.  They post the trailers for them on their official channels on YouTube.  So you click on it and they run an ad before the trailer.  WTF?!?!?!?!  I'm voluntarily watching an ad for your movie and you want to make me watch an ad before it?  

Screw you. Angry
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 1:14am
Hey - sometimes you find out about one you never saw coming.
There are a FEW real blockbusters coming out this summer that I never saw coming - but found out only by going to the theater - the NEXT thing *I* do is hit YouTube and Rotten Tomatos.com
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Pervis View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pervis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 1:21am
No, these aren't normally ads for other movies...they are ads for cars or insurance or any random thing.

I'm going online to watch an ad for a movie.  Why should I have to watch an ad for something else as well?
Bkrrt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bkrrt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2012 at 11:34pm
If it's YouTube it might just be the regular advertising they run before videos. I'm not sure what their policy is with that but I presume there is a way to disable it by paying for a premium account (the person/company uploading the video).

Otherwise it is just downright greed. I just watched a trailer on Flixste for iPad and an ad started before the trailer. It had a 'skip' option, otherwise I would have just closed it since I rarely watch before-clip ads.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 12:23am
^The ads are actually part of this new thing where you can make money by having people watch your videos, by having this commercials precede your videos.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic