Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dumb*ass Sonic Guys

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 1:30am

This one finally irked me.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 1:36am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by LittleO LittleO wrote:

Jimbo, the thing is, I don't want to make a burger at home! It's messy, and I don't feel like mastering the learning curve to make one that may or may not be better than Five Guys. And then I'm stuck with leftovers because there are only 2 people in my house and we don't eat that much. So it's either burgers for a week or waste and guilt. For me, at least, it's just not worth it. But I'm sure your homemade burgers are good! Big smile
They're probably about like anyone else's I would guess.

But as for how much the trouble is worth, I suppose it depends upon how much you value the money you spend all week working your ass off for.

As for waste... there is this thing called the "freezer", which allows you to store things like unused meat. Anything else like buns for example, I would think that you could "re-purpose" in the form of sandwich bread, or toast them for breakfast in the morning with some butter & jelly, or fry an egg & make a breakfast sammich, etc., etc. And of course, ketchup, mustard, mayo, pickles & cheese can be kept indefinitely, so....

I'm not trying to be argumentive here, just answering some of the issues you brought up.

I just *personally* feel that I would rather spend a couple of minutes washing out a skillet & wiping down the stove in order to save 6 or 7 bucks. And the cooking I find that to be kinda fun.

But to each their own, right?

Right!!! Thumbs Up

I will get a couple of rinky-dink little burgers off the dollar menu at Wendy's or McD's on occasion, though.

Your responses make perfect sense... It really just comes down to preference and knowing oneself. I've learned from experience that we are not going to be diligent about freezing or eating leftovers, even if repurposed creatively. It's a bad habit and objectively wasteful, but we still prefer it. I've heard it called "mental accounting": the idea that a choice may be subjectively preferable, though it's not the most financially sound decision. I rarely buy new clothes or get my hair done, and I never get other fancy treatments like manicures -- those are things I am willing to do for myself at home to save money -- because I'd much rather spend our "fun money" on eating out!

Plus, we are both PhD students with jobs that have unpredictable hours, 6-7 days per week, so cooking and cleaning aren't as enjoyable for me now as they might be were I less stressed. (I really do enjoy cleaning when I have time to do it right.) Of course I obviously find time to post on discussion boards, but that's a lot more fun, isn't it? Wink 
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 1:49am
Originally posted by LittleO LittleO wrote:

Of course I obviously find time to post on discussion boards, but that's a lot more fun, isn't it? Wink 

Certainly not as greasy anyway. Tongue

Ususally... Ermm

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 1:52am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

LOL I love those guys!!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 5:40am

But as for how much the trouble is worth, I suppose it depends upon how much you value the money you spend all week working your ass off for.

As for waste... there is this thing called the "freezer", which allows you to store things like unused meat. Anything else like buns for example, I would think that you could "re-purpose" in the form of sandwich bread, or toast them for breakfast in the morning with some butter & jelly, or fry an egg & make a breakfast sammich, etc., etc. And of course, ketchup, mustard, mayo, pickles & cheese can be kept indefinitely, so....

Aye, I am not into cooking. For me, I value the time saved by not cooking and cleaning and dealing with raw meat more than I value the money I spend all week working for. I work to pay bills of course, but after the necessary expenses are covered, I use some of the money to enjoy myself. I like eating, I don't like cooking or cleaning, so for me personally, minimizing the time spent doing those 2 things is worth paying an extra $4-6 or what not, heh. Same with one of my other hobbies, I like owning and using blades, but I dislike sharpening them, so when I order a knife, if they offer a sharpening service and I'm buying a blade that I know comes dull from the factory(such as a Tramontina or Imacasa brand machete), I usually pay the extra $5 to keep from having to do it.

As for repurposing, I dunno, for me, the meat never tastes as good after I've had it frozen, so it usually ends up going to waste even if I try to save it. Same with buns, I mostly just use them for burgers(I don't really like regular "sandwhich" type stuff on a bun), so whatever doesn't get used on the burgers, usually ends up unused.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 6:20pm

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

LOL I love those guys!!!!

lol and sweet potato tots sounds good!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 6:37pm
I luuuuuvs me some tater tots!!!

Not sure about sweet potato tots, but if the Sonic guys say they're good, then I'll take their word for it.

C'mon, man!
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 6:48pm
Sweet potato tots are everything I dreamed and more!!!
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 6:49pm
The spicy jumbo popcorn chicken looks damn good.
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

The spicy jumbo popcorn chicken looks damn good.

Well try it and let us know! 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2013 at 12:13am

How come none of the fast food places have thought of adding Sloppy Joes to their menus?  Sometimes, I could really go for one, but don't want to make a whole pot of the stuff.

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2013 at 12:16am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

How come none of the fast food places have thought of adding Sloppy Joes to their menus?  Sometimes, I could really go for one, but don't want to make a whole pot of the stuff.

Probably hard to eat in the car....
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2013 at 12:25am

^  Never considered that, seeing as how I just don't eat food in cars---neither my car nor others'. 

I think the last time I ate food in cars was when A&W used to have Chili Dog Tuesdays and my friends and I would go there to "pig" out.  They were 19 cents each, so you can imagine how long ago that was.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2013 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

Aye, I am not into cooking. For me, I value the time saved by not cooking and cleaning and dealing with raw meat more than I value the money I spend all week working for. I work to pay bills of course, but after the necessary expenses are covered, I use some of the money to enjoy myself. I like eating, I don't like cooking or cleaning, so for me personally, minimizing the time spent doing those 2 things is worth paying an extra $4-6 or what not, heh. Same with one of my other hobbies, I like owning and using blades, but I dislike sharpening them, so when I order a knife, if they offer a sharpening service and I'm buying a blade that I know comes dull from the factory(such as a Tramontina or Imacasa brand machete), I usually pay the extra $5 to keep from having to do it.

As for repurposing, I dunno, for me, the meat never tastes as good after I've had it frozen, so it usually ends up going to waste even if I try to save it. Same with buns, I mostly just use them for burgers(I don't really like regular "sandwhich" type stuff on a bun), so whatever doesn't get used on the burgers, usually ends up unused.
I used to discard "freezer burned" meat until I discovered vaccum packaging. It really works.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Lucian View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 4:01am
I'm okay with these dudes for some reason. I don't love it because I hate all commercials. This one is just less offensive to the senses than most other ones. And yes, 8 bucks for a 1\4 lb (pre-cooked) burger and some fries is a rip-off. But you're going to pay that much anywhere you go.
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 2:40am
I'm so sick of these guys, especially the ones where they're like "Tell me about it! :o" and he keeps talking and the other one says, "How can I tell you about it when you're still talking?" Seriously, someone needs to add a third person in the group and you'd have the Three Stooges. I hate these poindexters. 
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 3:31am
Originally posted by !Tommy !Tommy wrote:

I'm so sick of these guys, especially the ones where they're like "Tell me about it! :o" and he keeps talking and the other one says, "How can I tell you about it when you're still talking?" Seriously, someone needs to add a third person in the group and you'd have the Three Stooges. I hate these poindexters. 

Then the second one says "tell me about it" while the first one who called him on it is confused and mute! I'm rolling on the floor laughing! NOT!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 3:41am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Originally posted by !Tommy !Tommy wrote:

Then the second one says "tell me about it" while the first one who called him on it is confused and mute! I'm rolling on the floor laughing! NOT!

You're not kidding! It's so annoying! And a lot of times the phrase "Tell me about it" is a rhetorical phrase which really doesn't really mean "tell me about it" but is just an acknowledgement of understanding what the other is talking about.

The other one I can't stand is where he orders like 25 milkshakes and has people standing outside holding them while he drinks them because of their lack of enough cupholders. Really? You're being employed to stand there and look stupid? I don't think the boss will be happy with his employees standing there holding his drinks and not waiting on any other intelligent customers.
SquirrelPrincess View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SquirrelPrincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 4:33am
The thing that irks me the most about the Sonic guys is that they're wearing seat belts. They are in a parked car without the motor running and by all appearances remaining there while they eat their food. So why keep your seat belt on?
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 4:40am
Originally posted by SquirrelPrincess SquirrelPrincess wrote:

The thing that irks me the most about the Sonic guys is that they're wearing seat belts. They are in a parked car without the motor running and by all appearances remaining there while they eat their food. So why keep your seat belt on?

I think their general stupidity should answer that one. ;)
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2014 at 10:46pm
This may be the worst (worsh? Oh, that's so funny!)ad that Sonic has ever done. I hate these guys, I hate these guys, I hate these guys and I wish I could sic the 3 stooges on them and show them how this kind of comedic back and forth should work. Soitenly!

A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2014 at 6:11am
Ugh! I want to take a 2x4 and "swiss" it across his stomach. These morons make my brain hurt.
LooseCaboose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LooseCaboose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2014 at 4:37pm
I remember seeing the old ones with these 2 guys and enjoying them. Now, it's just not the same. :/

Plus, I can't stand the the Swish one and the one where the guy on the left goes "ILOVEIT-ILOVEIT-ILOVEIT-ILOVEIT" while moving his head from left to right like a crazy person.
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2014 at 4:55pm
^^ They have really started to wear thin on me as well.  They used to be tolerable and even entertaining at times, but their recent batch of commercials are cringeworthy.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2014 at 2:58pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic