Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dumb*ass Sonic Guys

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacoramirez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 5:53pm
ShockedShockedShockedReally dude are you kidding me , i mean i know to each his own , but you need to put away the crack pipe an get real , so your idea of funny is tripping old people as they walk so
1. put the crack pipe down
2. throw away your stash 
3. an wake the f**k up
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 6:01pm
^Confused? 'scuse me?
You've lost me.
Are you referring to the commercial, or what?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 6:09pm
He must have placed that crack pipe where the sun don't shine PaW.
Another noob spammer troll.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 6:21pm
I love the Sonic guys.

I wish the gal who used to play the wife or gf of the dark haired guy was still in them too.

They are my favorite commercials, but unfortunately, they've stopped showing them around here.

I haven't seen a Sonic commercial around here in years.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 7:47pm
^ I kinda like them too.
We don't really have one close, can't comment on the food.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 8:00pm
^We see the commercials and have the same issue, ol'buddy -  closest known Sonic is about 500 miles away. HOWEVER, since it is on one of our regular trails, MissyDWolf and bad ol'self have stopped by a few times. Great prices, pretty good snacks.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 10:57pm
Sonic used to have a really good burger, by fast food standards at least. However, several years back, something changed...I dunno if the company changed ownership, if they changed their recipe, or what, but whatever happened the quality of their food went WAY downhill. They went from being one of the best fast food burger places around to being just very VERY slightly better than McDonalds. At first I thought maybe it was just me, or maybe it was just the Sonic by my house, but after talking to friends and family it turns out nearly everyone I know noticed a huge drop in quality beginning a few years ago, at every location in the area.

These days, the only thing I get at Sonic anymore is their fiesta steak breakfast burrito, which is pretty tasty at least, plus tater tots and the occasional corndog when they have them on sale for $.50 as they sometimes do.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 11:04pm

^Hey Bud...thanks for bringing that up. I've heard similar from a few family friends, but not having experienced the 'good days of Sonic'... 

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 11:26pm
Had a Super Sonic burger last week...still tasted excellent to me....
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 11:27pm
I wish they'd give the Sonic guys a TV show.

Get the gal back, too.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2014 at 12:01am
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

Had a Super Sonic burger last week...still tasted excellent to me....

Consider yourself lucky then. Here the meat has almost no flavor at all, is incredibly thin and flat, and literally drips so much grease just picking it up that it looks like you're pouring out your drink rather than picking up a burger.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2014 at 12:18am
Tell the manager, or email Corporate.  I don't hesitate to complain if something that is usually good becomes bad.  Sometimes the local places are not run well.

If a place was never any good, I don't go back again.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2014 at 1:26am
The two Sonic burgers I had were't bad or greasy, but the patty was absurdly thin.

It was basically a lettuce & mustard sandwich with a beef patty about as thick as a slice of cheese.

I don't like the idea of having waitresses serve my food either.

When I go to a fast food burger joint, I don't expect to have to tip.

Maybe that only applies to in-car service, but even if I sit at an outdoor table, they still have to bring my order out to me & I feel oliged to give them something.

Hence, I just don't go. Too far to drive from my house anyway.

C'mon, man!
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2014 at 7:38am
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

Tell the manager, or email Corporate.  I don't hesitate to complain if something that is usually good becomes bad.  Sometimes the local places are not run well.

If a place was never any good, I don't go back again.

If it was just the one local store in Crowley, or even one or two stores, I'd consider it. But Ft. Worth is a pretty big city, and the quality has radically declined at all the Ft Worth locations I've been to(and apparently the Benbrook locations as well, based on what friends tell me)...and all of them occurred at around the same time, which doesn't seem coincidental.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2014 at 7:36pm
The 'Swiss' 'swish' argument is getting on my nerves!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 4:54am
It just godd*mn frustrates me that I bust my ass for no money every day of the week and these c*ckheads make more money per commercial than I will see in a year.  How the fiddledy f*ck is that fair?  f**k society as it is currently constructed! Angry
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

MrFlavor View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrFlavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 11:53pm
I think the one on the right is a social worker and every day he takes the one on the left to Sonic. Sometimes he brings his daughter because social workers don't make very much money and he doesn't have adequate childcare. The day that his client ordered 40 milkshakes, he had to put it on his credit card. The county refused to reimburse him and his wife was furious. The guy on the right will eventually begin to resent his client. This will lead to disillusionment. He'll wonder where his life went so wrong.

These commercials are really awful.
Alex View Drop Down
Spammer to be deleted
Spammer to be deleted

Donathan. Report posts for deletion.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 1:43am
I'd be damned if my client caused me to spend $200.00 for milkshakes! :P
lassie View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 2:18am
This thread has been going on for a loooooong time.  Personally I like the Sonic ads, but like any ads they get very annoying if seen too many times.  I have not reached that point yet for any of the Sonic ads.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 2:38am
ConfusedThey've gone from a team that once made some hilarious commercials to a team I could ignore to a team that makes me want to toss a brick through somebody else's idiot box, when commercials like the following show up...
(this one really gnaws at me)
(this one I actually like, but I don't know why)
(I wish they would come back with more like THIS!LOL)

Dirtdog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirtdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2014 at 1:54am
The only person in commercials I hate worse then these 2 f**ktards is the vonage bum.
rope View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2014 at 2:03am
Originally posted by prbloom prbloom wrote:

I always think, "They're not from arround here, are they?"  Where would these guys fit in?  I've never lived there...Tongue

Your comment made me imagine an old beat up truck with a couple of rednecks in it pulling up next to them and saying "You boys lost?! We don't like your kind around here!".

Now that'd be a great commercial.
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2014 at 5:12am
I don't know why, but I have a really hard time looking at the idiot in the passenger seat. 
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2014 at 5:14am
Originally posted by pacoramirez pacoramirez wrote:

ShockedShockedShockedReally dude are you kidding me , i mean i know to each his own , but you need to put away the crack pipe an get real , so your idea of funny is tripping old people as they walk so
1. put the crack pipe down
2. throw away your stash 
3. an wake the f**k up
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Holy sh*t, dude! You typed so loud, I almost lost my hearing!
rolica31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolica31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 5:27pm
The Sonic commercials are the most annoying ones on tv. For years i have been gritting my teeth every time the two guys show appear. The married couple was 100 times better than the guys. I am sure it is a writing problem. Either way i haven't been to a sonic in quite some time. The commercials turn me off of sonic. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic