Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dumb*ass Sonic Guys

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dumb*ass Sonic Guys
    Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 7:26pm
Hadn't seen a stupid Sonic commercial in a while, too bad, their back.  This should also go into the other category of "Commercial Series That Should Die."

A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Sponsored Links

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 8:28pm
Sorry..I like it.  "Their" good.  So is "they're" food.  So there!  Wink
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 8:36pm
Picky, picky, picky--I guess you never make typos?  And these commercials all depict morons, so there LOL
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 9:24pm
Couldn't resist...
Cathode_Ray View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathode_Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 9:35pm
At least they did away with that "slap" sound that used to follow the punch line.
"Some things are unexplained, until they are." - Dr. Walter Bishop
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 10:52pm
Should've been called Apollo 13.....fail
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 4:11am
I can't stand these two f*cktards. Thumbs Down
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 4:42am
Sonic's itself (the food, that is) is very good. Its advertising and localization departments need a lot of help, though.
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 2:28am

I remember when the guy on the right used to be the mature one, who was the voice of reason.  Why is he also an idiot now?Confused

My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 8:00pm
Now there's one about sweet potato tater tots. It's terrible. I think Sonic truly believes in these characters and won't abandon them. They really should though, awkward weird guy and his is-he-or-isn't-he-mentally-handicapped friend are insufferable.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 8:05pm
I saw one last night with them sunburned, and toward the end Moron #2 said something about going to a "real" hospital or some stupid nonsensical bullsh*t like that.  It was an ad for their "real" ice cream promotion, and every line they had included the word "real" in some way.

Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 9:21pm
I'm getting the impression that they're more than just friends. Wink
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 12:20am
Originally posted by Cathode_Ray Cathode_Ray wrote:

At least they did away with that "slap" sound that used to follow the punch line.
MY GOD that sound annoyed me to no end! I've hated SOnic's ads so much that I refused to eat there even though there is one less than a mile from my house and the post. (Bragg)
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 8:15am
Ugggh I hate these commercials. At least the vampire one was funny because of how adsurb it is. These two goomers, no chance in hell. It's like they're trying and failing to be a poor man's Jerry Seinfeld and George Costanza.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 7:13pm

Yeah, I'm gonna have to go ahead and, you know, disagree with most of you on this. Okay? Greaaat...

The older Sonic ads with the two buddies and the married couple were great. I believe there are a couple threads in the "Commericals You Don't Hate" forum about the old series.

Then, after trying to inject some new actors into the old format (with dismal results), Sonic tried several new campaigns...all of which pretty much sucked IMO.

I was glad to see them revive the old campaign. I will say, though, that bringing the old actors back hasn't made the new ads as good as the old ones. Donathan made a good point about the dark-haired one not being such an idiot before. Also, the old ads had the look and feel of a homemade Youtube video. The new ads seem to have slicker video and sound, and it just doesn't work.

Hopefully Sonic can bring back the old writers and producers, too, before this turns ugly.
Hundreds of threads killed.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by ThreadKiller ThreadKiller wrote:

office space lumbergh

Yeah, I'm gonna have to go ahead and, you know, disagree with most of you on this. Okay? Greaaat...

The older Sonic ads with the two buddies and the married couple were great. I believe there are a couple threads in the "Commericals You Don't Hate" forum about the old series.

Then, after trying to inject some new actors into the old format (with dismal results), Sonic tried several new campaigns...all of which pretty much sucked IMO.

I was glad to see them revive the old campaign. I will say, though, that bringing the old actors back hasn't made the new ads as good as the old ones. Donathan made a good point about the dark-haired one not being such an idiot before. Also, the old ads had the look and feel of a homemade Youtube video. The new ads seem to have slicker video and sound, and it just doesn't work.

Hopefully Sonic can bring back the old writers and producers, too, before this turns ugly.
WinkBig smileVery well said, TK. Seconded!
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Houdini View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Houdini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by ThreadKiller ThreadKiller wrote:

http://l.yimg.com/a/i/us/shine/work/tpsreports_lumberg1.jpg

MMMMM............yeah, okay.......gonna agree with you once I finish reviewing the TPS reports.  Loved the "break~feast" commercial back in the day.  AND I do think that they are "more" than friends~ski buddies maybe?
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 9:52pm
I like Sonic, but I keep coming a semi-truck will come along and rear-end their car.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Dirtdog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirtdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 9:45pm
Although I've read some threads on this forum previously these two DOUCHEFAGS are the reason why I registered. I hate these f**ks!!
133 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 133 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 9:14am
oh come on, those commercials are funny.
Brandon

my weight only stirs the ground
dmarz45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmarz45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 6:44pm
I actually hate alot of commercials but I really dont have a problem with these 2 guys from the Sonic commercials. Given that this one isnt their best or funniest, probably one of the worst actually, but they have some pretty funny ones.
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 8:59pm
I usually don't like these guys, but once in a while they get off a good line, like "I want to go to a real hospital."
noobinius View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noobinius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2012 at 1:19am
I also want it to be known of my disgust with these two idiots.  What the hell is sonic thinking?  I wonder if they're really choosing, intentionally, to use irritation to get us to remember and think about them.  

I joined this forum, because of one company and one series of commercials:  Sonic and the Idiot Bros.

Usually, the only two tv shows I watch online is the colbert report and south park, both of which are owned by commedy central and both of which are littered with these fkng morons.  

also, why in the hell would comedy central force themselves into this situation with these bastards?

I really really hope that these idiots get set on fire somewhere and thrown off a cliff.

I am going to stop using the comedy central website alltogether, and just use 3rd party (BETTER ALTERNATIVES) SOURCES!!!

F U SONIC!!!  F U COMEDY CENTRAL!!!!
prbloom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prbloom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2012 at 9:03pm
I always think, "They're not from arround here, are they?"  Where would these guys fit in?  I've never lived there...Tongue
Lelly View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 4:54am
I can't believe these 2 are still around. I remember seeing Sonic commercials when I was 5 years old with these guys in them, and I'm 17 now. That is one old-ass ad campaign, Sonic. LOL
"OBJECTION!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic