Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dumb*ass Sonic Guys

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dumb*ass Sonic Guys
    Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 12:03pm
The one guy who is a writer for Seth Myers sometimes does some on screen skit comedy on that show. I've seen him do a couple of those "guy in the audience" things. One just recently.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

Banzor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banzor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 11:47am
I registered just to reply, ok yes i cannot stand these two guys. I never go to sonic these decades, the food in those commercials looks like orange food colored chicken, yuck.   The other variety looks pasty. These guys seem to be perfect in many ways, lousy commercials for lousy looking food. We did try a sonic once for the nostalgia. After watching these commercials i realize why we never even consider the idea anymore. You can't fix stupid and someone in charge is unfixable.   As my sig says ill get over it but man i hardly ever watch the flat anymore (tube just doesn't work), and they seem to be on all the time.    Now i just flip the bird when i see a sonic and eat somewhere else.   Is it the creeps or the food?   Guess i'll never really find out for sure. One bad meal reinforced with really stupid commercials just isn't helping.

Were they really funny once? I find that just too difficult to believe.

Just another opinion.
AlexanderCS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlexanderCS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2015 at 2:54am
I have mixed feelings about these commercials. Half the time I want to punch them in the head, but the other half I find myself laughing because these two morons are having such a good time. The dark haired guy I've seen more, lately on the latest season of VEEP and he was perfect as a corporate dickhole/media group/marketing/promo/event/corporate head honcho (not to put too fine a point on it).

All of these commercials, Flo included, are like improv skits gone way too far.  But I've also been on the other side of it, and am happy that these 2 actors are making some dough doing what they want to do, getting a relatively good deal (national commercial) out of things for their career.

But seriously, at the beginning I wanted to punch them in the face until their mouths stopped moving, but now I laugh along with them.

Here's a pretty funny article about the two of them which kind of made me hate the whole campaign less.

http://www.news9.com/story/28007363/sonics-two-guys-campaign-hits-10-year-mark

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 6:30pm
I actually don't mind them. Sometimes they suck, sometimes they punch the right buttons. Either way it doesn't faze me. My favorite car of the ads is the red orangish 1960s convertible. I'm guessing it's a Camaro.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 4:01am
I've always liked the Sonic guys.

Sorry....

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
bjoh249 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjoh249 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 3:15am
These stupid Sonic commercials with the two douchebags in the car are one of the reasons I joined this site. They are still airing them today and it seems like in every commercial break. These Sonic commercials, along with the Old Spice commercials with the moms crying over their sons and the one with the douchebag in the woods finding the bikini-clad girl, are the reasons why I have begun to just record everything I watch and watch them later just so I can just fast forward through the stupid commercials.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 3:13am
Both of these f*cking knobs look like the products of cousins having sex with each other. So I guess the moral of the story is, "if you are inbred, eat at Sonic! Our chili cheesedogs are spicier than the d*cks of your cousins, and will make you forget your incestuous forays!" THIS IS HOW YOU SONIC!
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

She totaled the purchases and it left me with 5 cents on my gift card.  She had the frickin' nerve to ask me if I wanted my card back.  WTF?  It still had money on it, why wouldn't I want it back?

I wouldn't have wanted it back. Not worth carrying a card around with just a nickel on it.
I have other cards so I can combine and get another item out of it.  Also, I want the card back so I can ...

RELOAD!  (Why should I throw away a perfectly good cute card and buy a new one?  It's recycling!)

Wink
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 2:41pm

She totaled the purchases and it left me with 5 cents on my gift card.  She had the frickin' nerve to ask me if I wanted my card back.  WTF?  It still had money on it, why wouldn't I want it back?

I wouldn't have wanted it back. Not worth carrying a card around with just a nickel on it.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 1:56am

When the new one opens in November, I don't know if it's going to have the carhops or just a drive thru.  I'm not planning on doing the carhop thing, just the drive thru, or if you can walk in, I'll haul my lazy azz out of the car and walk in.

I have no intentions of tipping at a fast food restaurant.

This is the one that's nearest to my house...

...as you can see, there's a covered dining area where you can sit at a table & eat, or wait for your to go order.

The walk up order window is up there too.

The thing is, no matter how you order, a waitress/car hop brings it to you. I doubt they expect you to tip them just for handing you a bag of to go food, but I imagine if you sit & eat at one of the tables, they probably do.

Just too many questions for my liking, so I've only been there once.

C'mon, man!
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 1:02am
Our Sonic has drive-up, walk-in, and drive-thru.  No tipping for drive-thru.

DRS, try the breakfast burrito's....
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 12:19am
When the new one opens in November, I don't know if it's going to have the carhops or just a drive thru.  I'm not planning on doing the carhop thing, just the drive thru, or if you can walk in, I'll haul my lazy azz out of the car and walk in.

I have no intentions of tipping at a fast food restaurant.  I don't tip at tip jar barista places either.  Not unless I asked for something complicated.  The last time I was at a Starbucks I used a gift card someone had given me.  The bitch counter girl had already told me to move out of the way because I was looking at the selections inside the pastry and sandwich case, and a customer came in and stood in back of me, thinking I was in line.  I chose a sandwich and a snack pack, no drinks, and put it on the counter.  She totaled the purchases and it left me with 5 cents on my gift card.  She had the frickin' nerve to ask me if I wanted my card back.  WTF?  It still had money on it, why wouldn't I want it back?  Later on I realized she was trying to help herself to a tip!  ROFLMAO!

I'm also sick of the minimum wage brouhaha that's going on in California.  It's $9.00 per hour now.  They want to raise it even higher on an escalated schedule.  It's called minimum wage for a reason, people.  Minimum someone should earn for basic labor rights, not the minimum wage you should get to make flipping burgers and supporting a family of four!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 11:50pm
Bring some extra money to tip the car hops if you eat in your car like the guys in the commercial do.

Or even if you get your order to go & they bring the bag out to you.

That's the one thing I don't like about them. I don't like being expected to tip at a fast food burger joint.

They ususally have a few tables where you can sit & wait for your to go food if you get out of your car & order, but one of the waitresses still takes the order then brings it out to you, so you still feel kind of obligated to give them something.

So I just don't go.

Plus, it's kinda far.

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 10:57pm
Sonic, Here I Come!

Remember when I mentioned in a previous post somewhere that my local Burger King closed down so I would have to drive out of my way to drive by one to boycott it, well...

That BK building is being turned into a Sonic!

Yowza!  Now I'll get to try all the menu items I want over the course of a few months!  Dang!  I'm just so excited!  I hope I don't get addicted to Sonic Shakes.  Disapprove
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 6:09pm
It messes up my head trying to adjust to that LARGE print.

rolica31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolica31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 5:27pm
The Sonic commercials are the most annoying ones on tv. For years i have been gritting my teeth every time the two guys show appear. The married couple was 100 times better than the guys. I am sure it is a writing problem. Either way i haven't been to a sonic in quite some time. The commercials turn me off of sonic. 
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2014 at 5:14am
Originally posted by pacoramirez pacoramirez wrote:

ShockedShockedShockedReally dude are you kidding me , i mean i know to each his own , but you need to put away the crack pipe an get real , so your idea of funny is tripping old people as they walk so
1. put the crack pipe down
2. throw away your stash 
3. an wake the f**k up
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Holy sh*t, dude! You typed so loud, I almost lost my hearing!
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2014 at 5:12am
I don't know why, but I have a really hard time looking at the idiot in the passenger seat. 
rope View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2014 at 2:03am
Originally posted by prbloom prbloom wrote:

I always think, "They're not from arround here, are they?"  Where would these guys fit in?  I've never lived there...Tongue

Your comment made me imagine an old beat up truck with a couple of rednecks in it pulling up next to them and saying "You boys lost?! We don't like your kind around here!".

Now that'd be a great commercial.
Dirtdog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirtdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2014 at 1:54am
The only person in commercials I hate worse then these 2 f**ktards is the vonage bum.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 2:38am
ConfusedThey've gone from a team that once made some hilarious commercials to a team I could ignore to a team that makes me want to toss a brick through somebody else's idiot box, when commercials like the following show up...
(this one really gnaws at me)
(this one I actually like, but I don't know why)
(I wish they would come back with more like THIS!LOL)

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
lassie View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 2:18am
This thread has been going on for a loooooong time.  Personally I like the Sonic ads, but like any ads they get very annoying if seen too many times.  I have not reached that point yet for any of the Sonic ads.
Alex View Drop Down
Spammer to be deleted
Spammer to be deleted

Donathan. Report posts for deletion.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 1:43am
I'd be damned if my client caused me to spend $200.00 for milkshakes! :P
MrFlavor View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrFlavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 11:53pm
I think the one on the right is a social worker and every day he takes the one on the left to Sonic. Sometimes he brings his daughter because social workers don't make very much money and he doesn't have adequate childcare. The day that his client ordered 40 milkshakes, he had to put it on his credit card. The county refused to reimburse him and his wife was furious. The guy on the right will eventually begin to resent his client. This will lead to disillusionment. He'll wonder where his life went so wrong.

These commercials are really awful.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 4:54am
It just godd*mn frustrates me that I bust my ass for no money every day of the week and these c*ckheads make more money per commercial than I will see in a year.  How the fiddledy f*ck is that fair?  f**k society as it is currently constructed! Angry
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic