Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Depot Time

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Depot Time
    Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 4:49am
There's this new Office Depot ad where a NASCAR driver is shown split screen with some commercial "actress" who represents Office Depot & she keeps talking about something called "Depot Time" whatever the hell that is.

Anyway, the most noticeable thing about this ad is how overly-exaggerated (to the point of being downright spastic) her facial expressions are.

She made so many odd facial expressions, I figured I'd take a few screen shots out of the ad on YouTube, put them together & post them here for a laugh. I started pausing the video everytime she would adopt a goofy facial expression & I swear, I was pausing the damned thing almost every frame!!!! And every expression was goofier than the last one!!!!

Here she is, & believe me, I left out several more.... LOLLOL

Here's the ad: 

Frickin hilarious!!!! LOLLOL

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 7:06pm
Oh boy, it's nascar advertising time again.Unhappy
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 7:13pm
My special somebody wants to watch the Daytona today, if it quits raining.  He says the Daytona usually has good crashes.Ermm

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 7:20pm
I noticed the same exagerated facial expressions. Very "goofy". Thanks for the stills.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 9:04pm
She reminds me of Macauley Culkin when he was a kid.

Not now, though:

Eeeeeks!  I look 80!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 3:43am
Don't laugh at him, Thor... he's boinking Mila Kunis. HeartTongueHeartTongueHeartTongueHeartTongueHeart 

Or was anyway. I don't know if they're splitsville yet or not.

But even was is better than the the rest of us. CryCryCry

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 3:45am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

I noticed the same exagerated facial expressions. Very "goofy". Thanks for the stills.

Thanks for the (ahem.... non-NASCAR) comment!!!! Wink Thumbs Up

Big smile

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 4:17am
In that one pic in the top right hand corner, she looks like Bill Hader...

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Don't laugh at him, Thor... he's boinking Mila Kunis. HeartTongueHeartTongueHeartTongueHeartTongueHeart 

Or was anyway. I don't know if they're splitsville yet or not.

But even was is better than the the rest of us. CryCryCry

Well, there was this girl who lived down the street from me who I graduated high school with named Lisa who I think might be related to Donna from That 70s Show.  They share the same unusual last name and "Donna" grew up a few miles from where we grew up.  So, if I remember Lisa's married name, and get in touch with her, she might be able to put me in touch with "Donna".  Then, Donna might be able to get me in touch with "Jackie" (aka Mila Kunis), and if I send Jackie a picture of someone who looks like Brad Pitt and tell her it's me, and then tell her a buncha other lies about myself, she just might want to meet me.  Once she meets me, she'll be bowled over by my charm, and all those lies won't matter and she'll probably let me boink her.

So, don't be so sure of yourself.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Well, there was this girl who lived down the street from me who I graduated high school with named Lisa who I think might be related to Donna from That 70s Show.  They share the same unusual last name and "Donna" grew up a few miles from where we grew up.  So, if I remember Lisa's married name, and get in touch with her, she might be able to put me in touch with "Donna".  Then, Donna might be able to get me in touch with "Jackie" (aka Mila Kunis), and if I send Jackie a picture of someone who looks like Brad Pitt and tell her it's me, and then tell her a buncha other lies about myself, she just might want to meet me.  Once she meets me, she'll be bowled over by my charm, and all those lies won't matter and she'll probably let me boink her.

I hope you've got some vanilla ice cream to go with that pie....

It'll help sweeten the disappointing taste of reality when it sets in.....

Bon appétit

Tongue

C'mon, man!
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 4:07pm
Jimbo that's amazing! Kudos for putting the extra effort into the post.

I think this is another trend because I keep seeing pitch people making odd faces more and more in ads. I think it's because they're hiring people who don't know how to act natural so they over do everything.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I hope you've got some vanilla ice cream to go with that pie....

It'll help sweeten the disappointing taste of reality when it sets in.....

Bon appétit

Tongue

I could make a joke about her pie and my cream, but I don't want to sully the name of my beloved.

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 4:20pm

If it falls through with Jackie, Donna definitely wouldn't be a bad contingency plan.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 4:32pm

I could make a joke about her pie and my cream, but I don't want to sully the name of my beloved.

Besides, at your age, the only pie you're apt to get would be nothing but crust.

And the only cream you'd be able to put on it would be....

Damn.... change that last letter "a" to an "o" & even the name would fit!!!!! LOLLOLLOL

Big smile

Hang on a minute......

Perfecto!!!! Tongue

Wink

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 4:41pm
Or this dehydrated stuff:

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

If it falls through with Jackie, Donna definitely wouldn't be a bad contingency plan.

Donna would actually be my first choice.  But right now, I'm working on Penny from The Big Bang Theory.  I think she digs me.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 4:45pm

Or this dehydrated stuff:

Yeah, I think "dry" would be the operative word regarding both parties to that affair..... Ermm

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 4:48pm

Donna would actually be my first choice.

I thought you didn't like 'em tall.

Of course, with her, your face would probably be at the "perfect" height.... if ye git muh drift. Tongue

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 5:30pm
Yeah, she's pretty tall but I didn't notice that till it was too late.  Besides, when it comes to these tall ones, I just try to focus on the waist up.
Bena View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 4:23pm
Those facial expressions are SO lame! And on the first commercial (without the race car driver), every time she says "Depot Time" she snaps her head back and forth like a sassy black woman. Oh, and she also says "I'm Office Depot" like its her NAME!  Even though her name tag says "Rachel."  

That reminded me of the commercial where people were calling this lady Aleve like it was her name because she used it so much.  UGH. Sad, really.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2012 at 11:59pm
Annoying commercial. Annoying actress. annoying voice. Very annoying facial expressions. In my opinion Tony Steward should have been banned from any professional racing for life, and charged with vehicular assualt when he intentionally punted Matt Kenseth into the infield at Daytona at 198 mph in 2006.
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2012 at 12:38am
She looks pretty stupid but I luvs my badboy Tony--no really--I only like Tony because I always like the hot-tempered, "different" people.  I live in Martinsville (as in Speedway), btw, and I usually go out of town on race weekends.  I know its what keeps our town financially viable but man I hate race traffic. 
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2012 at 1:47am
bwestfall: I appreciate TS as a very talented driver and can see that he has improved his anger management since he has become an owner. Anyone who can win the sprint cup championship deserves respect.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2012 at 2:29am
The exagerated facial expressions are from the old silent film days. I have no idea why they are used in the modern world of "talkies".
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2012 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

bwestfall: I appreciate TS as a very talented driver and can see that he has improved his anger management since he has become an owner. Anyone who can win the sprint cup championship deserves respect.

Tony has to set a good example for his driver Dannica Patrick. She has a pretty bad temper herself...  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic