Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Repeat Offenders
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Local Commercials Interrupting Other Commercials!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Local Commercials Interrupting Other Commercials!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Local Commercials Interrupting Other Commercials!
    Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 5:04pm
I'm watching a commercial that's on and everyone knows about, and suddenly...a Local Commercial comes on and it's the usual one.

Then once the commercials are over, either the end of a good commercial is see...or some part of a show is cut-off!

Why do they do that?!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Sponsored Links

Obie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Obie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 1:24am
This happens all the time on cable. The local ads have to be inserted into the national(what you call 'good') ad breaks.  Sometimes, it doesn't interfere with the program or the 'good' ads, but, more often than  not, it does. So, you get Bubba's Used Cars cutting in on the usual Progressive Flo spots. Since these local ads are often inserted toward the end of a break, they frequently bleed over into the program and cut off a few seconds. I've even seen this happen during live ESPN sports coverage.
Back when ESPN showed baseball games on holiday weekends, the ads would run at whatever time they were normally scheduled to run(usually during their talk shows), but that would sometimes happen in the middle of a game.
Cathode_Ray View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathode_Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 6:11pm
Time Warner Cable is a major offender. I was in the radio broadcasting business back in the '80s, and we took pride in running a "tight board", meaning that everything ran seamlessly without "stepping on" the beginning or end of a commercial, song etc. It seems that these days, broadcasters have no pride anymore, and things are just sloppy. With today's technology, there's really no excuse for it (we did a better job manually). 
"Some things are unexplained, until they are." - Dr. Walter Bishop
Pervis View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pervis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2012 at 4:36pm
This happens all the time with Cox, especially during late night viewing because they sell so many local spots during that time frame.
Obie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Obie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 6:57am
The San Francisco ME TV affiliate (KOFY digital subchannel 20.2) has recently started running more local ads during 'M*A*S*H'. This is a slight improvement over the endless 'faded celeb selling reverse mortgages' and 'Alex Trebek for Colonial Penn' ads, but the local stuff has been  wiping out the final scene in every episode, and rejoining just in time for the musical 'tag' and 'freeze frame' credits. This is the only ME-TV show I watch semi-regularly, so I don't know if they're also doing this with other shows('MASH' airs from 7 to 8, so maybe they want to cram more local ads in earlier).
goldpet66 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldpet66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 5:48am
I have seen it with many ME TV programs. I think they are trying to cram in as much advertising as possible.
Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 8:13am
ME TV here in San Diego seems to run a single 30 or 60 second break, then right back to the program. I can live with that.

COX is preempting all the MagicJack ads with ads for COX digital telephone, not with a local ad. Of course, I hate them equally, so it is a wash.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
timdubya View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timdubya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 5:28am
DirecTV does this too, with the pay-per-view ads and the referral ads where the guy's friends all turn into Ben Franklin.  I referred my parents to DirecTV, but they didn't turn into Ben Franklin.
Obie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Obie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 6:15am
"Don't turn your friends into Ben Franklin! Cancel DirecTV, and get cable!'LOL
hump View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 2:55am
I like when christian mingle ads get cut off.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by hump hump wrote:

I like when christian mingle ads get cut off.
LOLLOLLOL
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic