Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The 'Hall Of Lame' v 2.0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 65>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2008 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Anyway, she finally said "I think you are doing the work of the devil and that I can not be friends with you anymore".

Problem solved?  Maybe.  If she wants to think I'm some sort of devil worshipper, so be it.
Guess that means your chances of 'gettin' laid' are pretty much out of the question, eh?

LOL

I posted her pic a while back (slaughtering a goat).  I think her chances of such might even be less than "out of the question".  LOL

Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2008 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by shadow shadow wrote:

Thor, she love you long time.  She can't quit you.
Driving nekkid just drives her crazy.
Change tactics and tell her you found Buddha.
Preach to her the ways of his teachings.
Does she like snakes?  You could go that route as well.

Shadow, Pa thought your suggestions were funny.  I, on the other hand, am taking them into serious consideration.  LOL

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2008 at 8:41pm
Happy anniversary, LOL1955!!  6/15/74, huh?  We were such young pups back then.

CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2008 at 9:50pm
¶ The treat from the East that makes a dull meal a feast....¶

SALT POTATOES!!!

CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2008 at 10:31pm
¶ They're cute and petite and they're really fun to eat, they're...¶

SALT POTATOES!!!

msdeli View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2008 at 11:07pm
Mrs. Hill, I am confused and craving potatoes...with salt.
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2008 at 12:34am
I always get extra happy when I cook salt potatoes.......EmbarrassedBig%20smile

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2008 at 1:06am
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2008 at 1:15am
Here's my plate, GIMMEE SOME SPUDS!!!!!! [please]
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2008 at 1:42am
Salt taters, coming up!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2008 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by MrsHill MrsHill wrote:

But when she needs another ride, will she want your friendship again?LOL

She came over yesterday and told me that the Lord came to her in the middle of the night (via a call on her cell phone---I kid you not.  Actually, when I pressed her on this, it turns out it was her son the priest who actually dialed the numbers and relayed the message from the Lord) and told her to "Love thy neighbor".  So, she's officially no longer mad at me.

This morning already, she called to ask if I was going to the supermarket today.  She needs some things.

How right you were.  Confused

CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2008 at 4:59pm
Aw, Thor....I was hoping she would hold a grudge.Confused

I think you're going to have to do what I do with Gail sometimes; make yourself unavailable. 

I have my health issues, as you know.  Gail has hers.  She knows that I understand what she's going through, but she treats me like I'm her personal therapist.  I cannot listen to her problems all the time, so sometimes I don't answer the phone for a couple days.  I think I've broken her of asking me when I'm going shopping, because I always "forget" to pick up what she asked me to pick up.  I'm hoping my "forgetfulness" will get her to the point where she will actively seek help for her agoraphobia.  I've only been over to her house twice since I've been out of school.  I value her friendship, but I don't like to be smothered.

Thor, did Violet move back across the street from you?  I think you have to put your foot down and cut her one-sided friendship loose.

I feel your pain.  You don't want to appear to be mean.  I go through the same thing with Gail.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2008 at 12:19am
Yeah, Violet's back here for awhile, MrsHill.  She agreed to move back in, and tend to her daughters' kids for a month while the daughter completes her nursing studies.  In exchange, the daughter will teach her how to drive.

She actually has a car.  A beat-up god-awful clunker of an 80's Dodge K car.  Today, she locked her keys in it while it was running.  Wonder who she called to unlock it?  Hmmmm...  Oh, that's right---me!!  Took me about a minute, thanks to the 1/2 inch gap between the door and the frame of the jalopy.

Now she's saying that the house will be vacated in August, and eventually put up for sale.  We'll see if that's true.  I've heard this story before.  If it wasn't for that damned sub-prime mortgage crisis and the resultant decrease in home values, she'd have been gone long ago!!

In the meantime, I guess I'll put up with her to some extent.  Hell, she lives right across the street, so I don't even have the option of avoiding her.

But good luck with Gail.  As you can see, I have little in the way of advice to give regarding getting rid of this type of person.  LOL

Oh great.  She just called again.  Third time today.  She now wants me to make a list of the ingredients to use in spaghetti sauce.  "Tomatoes and a bunch of spices and stuff" will not do.  She'll want some sort of exact recipe, as if I actually have one.  She'll probably wonder why "hot dogs" is not in there.  LOL

CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2008 at 12:47am
Tell her you use hamhocks in your spaghetti sauce recipe.LOL  Tabasco sauce, too....LOTS of Tabasco!!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2008 at 2:23am
She just came by for the list.  She said she's gonna put in jalapenos.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2008 at 2:49am

Did someone say SALT POTATOES???!

Yummers.

Don't know what they are - but I want some!

(we had liver & onions with cheesy potatoes...and corn, tonight)

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2008 at 11:36am
Liver & Onions is YUM too!Thumbs%20Up

Pa, boil some small whole white potatoes in heavily salted water, and you have salt potatoes.   They are delicious. 

msdeli View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2008 at 8:39pm
Yummmo, those sound good.  Ok, ok, sorry about the yummo but it just came out.  I can't believe I have never had these "salt potatoes" mmmmmmm.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2008 at 8:44pm
msdeli, that cracked me up!  LOL
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2008 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by msdeli msdeli wrote:

Yummmo, those sound good.  Ok, ok, sorry about the yummo but it just came out.  I can't believe I have never had these "salt potatoes" mmmmmmm.

It's a CNY regional thing.  I had never heard of them until my sister in law cooked them.  They're really good right out of the serving dish, hot with butter, or cold out of the fridge.Tongue

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2008 at 2:49am
My grandmother used to make peppered potatoes.

Peel (or just wash & leave skin on) & cut a pot full of potatoes into 2" chunks.

Boil, drain & allow to cool off.

Sprinkle with black pepper & toss so pepper disperses evenly.

Put in refrigerator until cold.

Enjoy.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2008 at 3:16am
My Gail got upset with me today because I wouldn't share in her gloomy, weather-induced bad mood. 

Gail - "This rainy, cloudy weather is killing me!"
Me - "Eh, my garden appreciates the water!"
Gail - "But the cloudy weather effects my mood.  I just feel medium." (whatever the hell medium means....)
Me - "I'm sorry.  The weather will break sooner or later."

Me - "I went to Wal-Mart and they didn't have the DVD you wanted for your granddaughter."
Gail - "Well, when you go again, can you keep looking for it?  I really want her to have it."
Me - "Sure.  Maybe they were out of stock."
Gail - "Maybe it's just a movie they show in CT."
Me - "No, it's on pay-per-view."
Gail - "Oh.  Well keep looking for it, please.  I want my granddaughter to have it." 

Gail - "Another kitten wandered onto my property."
Me - "Ok."
Gail - "He's orange and looks like he's about 9 weeks old.  My other friend took him home and is going to get him dewormed."
Me - "Ok."
Gail - "I couldn't take him to the shelter.  They'd just toss him to the curb."
Me - "NO THEY WOULDN'T, GAIL!"
Gail - "YES THEY WOULD; they didn't want to take your kittens, remember?"
Me - "But they DID, right?"
Gail - "Ok, whatever, I'll talk to you later - BYE."

So sorry I couldn't join in your poor-me bitchfest today.  I'm not in the mood.

LOL1955 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOL1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2008 at 4:51am
Wow, Hilly.  Gail sounds like a real laff-riot. You have my sympathies, m'dear!!
Love endures all.
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2008 at 11:32am
LOL1955, Gail bought a new riding lawn mower.  Then she decided she wanted a canopy for it.   The canopy wasn't in stock.  She got pissed with the salesman and told him to go f**k himself.Pinch  She tells me "when I want something, I want it NOW."  Sounds like a spoiled child.

She's also left me nearly identical voicemail messages, an hour apart.  Then one day, she doesn't leave me a voicemail, but swears she did.  I'm really afraid she's getting dementia.

All I know is that I'm going to do what's good for me.  I take her calls when I feel up to it;  when they get too negative, I cut them short.  I can't be all that she expects me to be.  

shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2008 at 1:16pm
Some people can be very draining emotionally.
If she saps you for too long, you WILL start feeling like her.
I'd definitely ration off my exposure time to her.
If it's dementia, it will get a heck of a lot worse.
You could ask her family?
was feeling nostalgic
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 65>
  Share Topic