Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Super Bowl Commercials :: 2012 Super Bowl Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedChrysler: Halftime in America

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chrysler: Halftime in America
    Posted: 03 May 2012 at 1:18pm
^  Awww, gimme a brake, man!  Wink

Sponsored Links

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

^ spam.

Nevertheless, my Chrysler purchase 10 years ago was effortless.  I knew what I wanted, went to the dealership, told the salesman what I wanted, was immediately shown a used one (1 year-old) with only 15,000 miles on it (at about $8,000 less than a new one), and I bought it.  Since then, I replaced a water pump housing, the belts, tires, one battery, and had a break job---and that's all. 

My only problem now is the CD changer.  After about a million CD changes, it's gotten quirky.

Oh, I also had to replace a fuse once.

You had a "break" job?  What broke?  LOL
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 2:09pm
^ spam.

Nevertheless, my Chrysler purchase 10 years ago was effortless.  I knew what I wanted, went to the dealership, told the salesman what I wanted, was immediately shown a used one (1 year-old) with only 15,000 miles on it (at about $8,000 less than a new one), and I bought it.  Since then, I replaced a water pump housing, the belts, tires, one battery, and had a break job---and that's all. 

My only problem now is the CD changer.  After about a million CD changes, it's gotten quirky.

Oh, I also had to replace a fuse once.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2012 at 2:44am
Originally posted by MSAGRO MSAGRO wrote:

Whats all this American pride ads from Chrysler?   Daimler/Benz owns them. It's not an american company anymore

As of a few years ago, Chrysler's no longer owned by Daimler.

MSAGRO View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSAGRO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2012 at 1:55am
Whats all this American pride ads from Chrysler?   Daimler/Benz owns them. It's not an american company anymore
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 10:51pm
I turned the channel at half time and missed this one. Detroit is back in business making vehicles no one can afford to buy.
Does Chrysler even have an affordable car? 
Zach6848 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zach6848 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 6:09am
I like this, honestly.
Maybe it's because Clint Eastwood is my favorite actor and the actor whom I most respect.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 9:30pm
Clint could read the phonebook to me and I'd be riveted. (swoon).
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Bennett View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 9:23pm
Though I thought the commercial was effective, I have to admit I found it quite hypocritical of Chrysler to talk about pulling ourselves up by the bootstraps when they were one of the companies that got a huge bailout from the taxpayers.
Christine View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 4:57pm

So this is what "halftime" feels like? My unemployment benefits are about to run out. We just bought our first house last year, and we ain't no spring chickens.

I'm supposed to feel positive as the banks get bailed out?? As scary new people start to run for President?? Sure, I count my blessings every day, but I'm also very pessimistic about the state of things. Something about all the ads and hype about the game seem like forced patriotism to me. Like the gov't wants to get the country cheering and spending. Pfffffft.
Bennett View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 1:34pm
Nothing bad to say about this one. I thought it was actually a really good commercial.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 1:44am
Just like everythng else in this country nowadays, especially Hollywood.... self serious, over-wrought & over dramatized.

The entire Super Bowl spectacle is an over-hyped & over dramatized production.

Like this sappy bucket of inspirational slop called "On This Certain Sunday".

They even stoop to the obligatory "in the eyes of a child" reference.

Barf.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 1:22am
That was a bit depressing. 

not quite human View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote not quite human Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 1:20am
Originally posted by ForumAdmin ForumAdmin wrote:

I'm sorry Clint, I fell asleep.

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

I concur
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent.
ForumAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 1:17am
I'm sorry Clint, I fell asleep.
ForumAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 1:17am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic