Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Geico's Maxwell The Pig Is Back, Kill Me Now

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Geico's Maxwell The Pig Is Back, Kill Me Now
    Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 11:46pm
The original ad made sense, it was annoying but it made sense. The Geico spokesman with eyes way too close together would say some sort of well known saying and then prove it true, in this case a piggy crying weee wee weee all the way home. Cue Maxwell....doing just that. It was annoying as hell, but it had logic to it and it fit in with the existing ads in that campaign. Somewhere along the line Geico decided that the pig was popular enough to warrant a second ad. Kill. Me. Now.

WHY THE HELL IS A PIG ZIP LINING? Why a zip line of all things? The pig is no longer crying wee wee wee all the way home. He's crying while ZIP LINING. Also why the hell did they need to give him pin wheels again? Why 2? Lastly, as if anyone who actually came up with this sorry excuse for advertising has ever been zip lining, explain to me how the hell the pig SLOWS DOWN then SPEEDS BACK UP. Ugh! I'd be surprised if this is the last we see of the annoying pig. Geico is now up to what, 4 different spokes-people? The Gecko, Cavemen, the aforementioned spokesman with eyes way too close together who introduced Maxwell originally, and now Maxwell. He doesn't even have ANYTHING to go with selling insurance in this new ad. He is serving no purpose what so ever except for the admen at Geico to pretend they're in touch with the youth, undeservedly pat each other on the back, and have a circle jerk fest. Nothing worse then advertisers who don't plan for something to be popular, it happens to catch a wave, and they pretend they planned for it all along and ride it all day long.

What other company out there right now has a minimum of 4 different spokes-people(animals?). That's right, virtually none. Geico's marketing team has their head up their ass. They're obviously employing a strategy that involves throwing anything at the proverbial wall and hoping it sticks, then milking it for all it's worth. Wasn't having 1 spokes-animal enough? Completely off topic of this ad, I used to have Geico for all of 2 years when I first got married. Geico til this day sends me a piece of junk mail with a picture of a heart and the Gecko on it saying "please come back" once a month. I sh*t you not. I DON'T WANT TO COME BACK DAMN IT! It just goes right in line with their annoying advertising technique. Throw enough stuff at the audience and eventually we might get 1% of them to convert!

Ok I'm done.

It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Sponsored Links

CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 11:52pm
Direct Link To This Post  <---Some of us like Maxwell.LOL

TV_Casualty View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 1:51am
Imagine how much money Geico could really save you if they weren't wasting money on new ads every single day.

Bunch of frauds.
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 2:46am
^All of the major insurance companies are guilty of over-advertising.

70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 4:00am
Ow, my freakin' ears!  Can't hit the MUTE button fast enough.
"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 4:05am
LOL

bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 8:54pm
I was just thinking that the other day, for me personally, it seems like there are zillions of insurance commercials--I think I see more of them than any other product, by far.

I really like Maxwell, too.  He's one of my top picks for the last year or so--I do think his first commercial was more aligned with the fairy tale but this one sure is cute.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 8:55pm
At the end it says, "Everything you love about Geico, download it today"  I'd like to take a big dump on the front steps of headquarters.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2012 at 2:44am
My parents hate it and I'm beginning to hate it too.Angry

There's only so much Maxwell you can take, and since Geico is running this into the ground it's grating on my nerves.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
KrissyBean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrissyBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2012 at 2:50am
Liked the original....the first time I saw it. HATE THE NEW ONE. This makes me want to karate chop my TV and cook some spare ribs to eat. Little f**ker. 
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2012 at 2:53am
Every channel I watched today played the crap out of this commercial.  I like it, but I'm getting tired of it.

haley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2012 at 5:36am
True story: Last year I was driving around the southern end of Lake Michigan on I-80 on a -very- busy sunny Sunday afternoon.  What distraction do my eyes encounter?  A damned plane toting a "Buy GEICO Auto Insurance" banner to and fro.  I believe this to be an updated version of throwing a rock through someone's window, with the rock having a note with the address of the local glass-repair shop tied to it.
Skins21 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skins21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2012 at 4:25pm
I have a feeling Geico is starting to realize that their sh*tty cavemen and gecko characters are losing steam. So this is an attempt to create yet another mainstream, universally known character for their brand.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2012 at 10:54pm
Too bad he doesn't zip line into a sausage grinder....  LOL
calzonesays View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calzonesays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2012 at 9:46am
I think the thing that makes Geico the most annoying is they over-saturate the market (TV airwaves) with this stuff NONSTOP.  They basically bombard you with all these stupid obnoxious commercials from all angles.  Turn to NBC you got the Maxwell WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE every 15 minutes, then you put on ESPN or ABC and you got the BRIAN ORAKPO CAVEMAN SCRABBLE commercial...hell yeah..Pancake Social!!!!!!! (whatever Suit and Tie sitting in the boardroom came up with that one needs a swift kick to the genitalia.   IT never ends.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2012 at 2:37pm
Well, it must work for them....they have become one of the top-selling vehical insurance companies with seemingly good reviews by policy holders.
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2012 at 4:52pm
Uh... why would I want to download their ap? These things are irritating to me.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2012 at 4:56pm
Why would one need an app for insurance?  I do access my insurance policy monthly, but it's just to pay the bill.

bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2012 at 9:32pm
Like Progressive (I was over Flo 1-2 years ago), Nationwide(idiot man), and State Farm (Dennis Haysbert--tho Mayhem is still good) aren't drilled into our head? Where I live they are all aired way too much.  It just boils down to which insurance "characters" appeal to you. I thought the Nationwide guy was obnoxious from the first commercial and that they have never had a good commercial with
him in it.
I thought their was an "app for everything" and I have seen many that I thought were pretty stupid.  How about the Cascade dish detergent or cereal or pens?  We really need apps for those, eh?
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Zach6848 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Zach6848 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 4:55am
Who in the f**k would want to download this annoying sh*t? I can't stand it on my TV, so why would I want it on my computer? Why would somebody want it on their phone? God help you if you want to watch football. We've got a back-to-back line-up of the annoying cast of characters shat out by the asshole that is Geico Marketing. Caveman in a cheerleader uniform, Caveman playing Scrabble and arguing with some dude, Maxwell the Pig zip-lining, the Gecko walking down a bridge in 'NUEW YOOOAAAWWWK', the Gecko square-dancing in Texas. Jesus God, I can't take it.

It's becoming a troupe of characters that very few people actually like. Before this we had the combined efforts of standard suit-and-tie overly dramatic spokesperson guy and Gunnery Sergeant Hartman. When will it end?

I want to take all of these characters, crumple them into a ball, and ram them up the Geico Marketing execs ass, back from where they came! This constant bombardment makes me want to go take a sh*t on the table where they hold these meetings and come up with this bullsh*t.

These are the LAST things I need to be thinking about whilst I'm watching football.

Also, may I ask, do these f**king ad execs honestly think that people change their car insurance provider on a whim? 'Oh, I like Geico's commercials, I think I'll switch to them.' How stupid do they think people are?

All it boils down to is one big dick-waving contest. 90% of the Geico commercials that I've seen have NOTHING to do with car insurance. A pig ziplining doesn't relate to auto insurance, cavemen being idiots doesn't relate to auto insurance, Gunnery Sergeant Hartman yelling at some dude has nothing to do with auto insurance. Bottom line? At least State Farm, Progressive and Nationwide's commercials are relatively on-topic. Geico, on the other hand, can eat sh*t.
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 2:12pm
Yeah...this commercial blows goats!Dead
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Mindybolt View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mindybolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 6:12pm
Maxwell the Pig? Really? It sounds like Geicrap now holds the record for most commercial mascots.

The Gecko was ok until being run into the ground, the Flintjerks were all right until they were rammed into the ground too, and now MAXWELL?! THE STUPID PIG?! Great. At this rate they'll run out of mascots.
not quite human View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote not quite human Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by lkl005 lkl005 wrote:

At the end it says, "Everything you love about Geico, download it today"  I'd like to take a big dump on the front steps of headquarters.

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent.
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 11:43pm
This Commercial isn't as bad as their others, but they'll run it about 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Times before thay replace it. Dead
Poiuyt Power!!!
calzonesays View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calzonesays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 7:59am
Originally posted by regulus regulus wrote:

This Commercial isn't as bad as their others, but they'll run it about 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Times before thay replace it. Dead

At the rate Geico airs commercials on TV I'd say that would be in about a week.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic