Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Where is this years poll for worst Christmas AD?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where is this years poll for worst Christmas AD?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where is this years poll for worst Christmas AD?
    Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 7:03am
Hey folks: Where is this year's poll for the crappiest Cristmas commercial? It seems like last year there was more buzz. This year seems ho ho hum. However here are my choices for the dubious distinction of sh****est Christmal Commercial for the 2011 holiday season. In no particular order:
1. TJ Maxx/Home Goods/Kohls: They have 2 choices for pukey commercial. Both with the theme of leave the mall featuring a gaycentric cast of off key carollers. The three fey men are the worst. I'd like to enter that mall and pick them off with a paintball gun.
2. Verizon: Disco Christmas music (Nutcracker Sugar Plumb fairy song) where they guy switches on the pyramid of TV screens featuring facke fire from a fake fireplace.
3. Ghettocentric upstart Kricket with the dancing brunette to discoized hip hoppy Christmas tunes I believe from the Nutcracker. And that obnoxious stupid Android thingy flying around with a Santa cap.

Of course the annual stalwarts of crappertising:
4. He went to Jared
5. Lexus December to remember with that red bow. ONe of those SUV's is fugly in styling.
I approve this message.
Sponsored Links

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 2:15pm
Looks like you started it right here and now!
The Lexus a gets a BIG vote from me. I'll have to think of others.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

Looks like you started it right here and now!
The Lexus a gets a BIG vote from me. I'll have to think of others.

Thank you! But I remember Commercials I Hate had the big poll. BTW, how could I forget the hyperactive Target Lady? That one gets more of an dishonorable mention. It didn't seem as bad this year. Oh Oh, their campaign of dumbing us down may be working. Actually the duration of the Target Lady at least in the Baltimore area seemed shorter in duration.
I approve this message.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 8:18pm
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 8:18pm
The stupid "Lexus song" ads.  All the way. 
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 11:39pm
Toss up between the Lexus ads or this Nissan commercial where they ruined a perfectly good Christmas tune.

Second one is Best Buy's "Game On Santa"
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 7:00am
*The yodeling cat
*Nissan's butchering of "The Most Wonderful Time" to "The Most Wonderful Sale of the Year".
*TJ Maxx/Marshall's carollers butchering the same song

The winner (if it can be considered a Christmas ad - it was a Black Friday ad) has to be Kohl's horrible usage of that "Friday" song.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 6:04pm
*Kmart Christmas with bad singing
*The yodeling cat from Walmart
*Kohl's Black Friday song
*Lexus December to Remember Event
*Infinti ad with d-bag totaling his co-workers car with a snowball
*Nissan's "Most Wonderful Sale of the year"
*Walmart's "ringadingalingadingaling RING ME UP"
*TJ Maxx/Marshalls/Homegoods butchering of Up On The Rooftop

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Zee View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 4:17am
If it's the worst commercial for Christmas, it has to be the Rebecca Black-like pop star singing like sh** in the Kmart commercial. Good lord. 
"I tremble with rage when I hear Rebecca Black sing or talk." - Zee from gtaforums.com
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 4:26am
Originally posted by Zee Zee wrote:

If it's the worst commercial for Christmas, it has to be the Rebecca Black-like pop star singing like sh** in the Kmart commercial. Good lord. 

THIS ONE? Sick
Zee View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 4:33am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Originally posted by Zee Zee wrote:

THIS ONE? Sick

Yes...
"I tremble with rage when I hear Rebecca Black sing or talk." - Zee from gtaforums.com
robodog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robodog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 5:11pm
I cast my vote for the Lexus song ads. I want to take that big red bow and use it to tie up the moron responsible for these ads and dangle them over a gigantic woodchipper. I'll give them a few minutes to grasp the severity of their situation so I can bask in the joy that is their pure terror and then I will cut the ribbon and enjoy watching them be horrifically and painfully  ground into chunky salsa. All the while that obnoxious Lexus jingle will be playing as a terrible reminder of just why they are in that position though it will be quickly drowned out by the sounds of their screams.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 8:26pm
Ouch Ouch

Yiffy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 8:32pm
every da@# Wal+Hell  holiday commercial!

.. + .-- .- -. - + -.-. .... .. -.-. -.- . -. + .- -. -.. + -.-. .... .. -.-. .... .. ...

I want chicken and Chi-Chi's
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic