Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Commercial Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Verizon : Dead Zone Series of Commercials (video)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Verizon : Dead Zone Series of Commercials (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Verizon : Dead Zone Series of Commercials (video)
    Posted: 23 Jun 2008 at 1:33am

Actually still funny, after seeing them 3 or 4 times each....

The first (actually thought it was a real movie ad, for a moment) has a neighborhood woman warning her neighbors about their new house..."last family went crazy trying to find a signal in there"...of course, the 'Network' comes walking out of the front door...."....well....you've got crabgrass, then".
My kind of humor; tore me up. I still chuckle...
Whooopee! 'The Network' saved THAT family (wouldn't have happened, here)....

The second one I've seen has the old guys on the bench,
"You aren't from around here, are you?...."
I've seen this one once or twice...but not all the way through - reminds me of 'Deliverance'...

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

LOL1955 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOL1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2008 at 3:14am
I just saw the second one.  I like these, too, because they are not exactly what one expects.  Kind of Stephen King meets (eats?) the Verizon Guy.
Love endures all.
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2008 at 7:24pm
yeah for a verizon guy ad, I was impressed.

My mom's house is dead zone.
In fact we joke that it is cursed somehow because all electronic and communication equipment works kind of half assed at her place.
I lose all bars when I go room to room, and her DSL connection is slower than normal.
Her appliances tend to go nuts *except her freakish 25 year old dryer can dry FIVE pairs of wet jeans and a towel!!!! that won't die. Yes, I tested it once.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2008 at 8:50pm
I swear Sam Elliot is on one of those ads, I think it's the one at the porch diner/general store/store.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2008 at 8:52pm
I just saw this one today.  Good work on their part.  Entertaining, not annoying.
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2008 at 6:43pm
ah the old guy on the porch is a bit "sam elliotesque"
yeah these are decent ads for a change.
I am afraid though that this is it, I bet after a while they will pound these in to the ground and start getting less and less clever.
Candiecane View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candiecane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2008 at 10:46am
Isn't one of them an AT&T and ythe other verizon? I think the house one is AT&T and the guys on the porch are Verizon? Unless I'm talking crazy....
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2008 at 3:54pm
Nope.
Both Verizon.
Easy to tell...."You're GOOD!" (they both have 'The Network')
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Golfer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Golfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2008 at 7:33am
Big%20smile  I love New York stage actress Laura Esterman who plays the creepy neighbor that shrugs her shoulder and said "hmm,you got crabrass" to the new residents of the old Miller house in that Verizon wireless commercial.

the link to that fantastic commercial is here:

Approve Golfer
LilHvenQT View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilHvenQT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2008 at 2:34am
Love the creepy aspect... HATE the "wife" character! Mainly because she's in a lot of commercials right now. See "Commercial Whores" under "Commercials I Hate" and post your own findings under "Repeat Offenders"!
I hate to admit it, but I worship the god of white noise...usually as background chatter, but I've got way too much time on my hands right now!
Nautigal View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2008 at 8:49pm
I like these, too. My favorite is where the guy is walking with his laundry basket and the two little kids come out in their suits with short pants and ask if he's going to the laundry room. "It's a Dead Zone, mister." And he tells them he has the Verizon network and the Network shows up behind him, and the little guys say "That's cool".

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 12:56am
I think these are the most annoying commercials on the air right now.  I think the music is obvious and phony.  I hate this commercial.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 4:24am
Originally posted by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa wrote:

funny nameLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 5:54pm
I like the one with the guy at the motel trying to get a room.  The innkeeper tells him it's a dead zone, but when the Verizon crew appears, the innkeeper tells him "Well, the towels are kind of scratchy".

ElectricUnderwear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElectricUnderwear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2008 at 1:16am
Ugh, Verizon commercials are the worst. Please dont encourage them.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2008 at 1:26am
Originally posted by ElectricUnderwear ElectricUnderwear wrote:

Ugh, Verizon commercials are the worst. Please dont encourage them.
PLEAUUUUZZZ! 'splain yerself! WHY do you believe that? Give us 'food for thought and reason'... and, hey! - interesting avatar (1st comment) - welcome aboard.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2008 at 4:44pm
I kinda sorta like this one, but it IS getting overplayed...
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2008 at 4:54pm
I love these commercials!  Especially  the "scratchy towels" one. Tongue 
"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
shebazz View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shebazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2008 at 12:27am
They crack me up, too. The Christmas tree one was funny, as was the hotel one.

Has anyone noticed this thread has almost 3,000 views!?! wtf? That's an insane amount of views for 18 messages.

Dewey, you fool!
Your decimal system has played right into my hands.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2008 at 4:35am

Shebz - I hadn't noticed! That 'click'n view count' IS a tad shocking.

For those that have viewed, and for those to come...

'Deliver the signal'

heeeeeere's 'Scratchy'!

..."...but dang, Mom! This was the best we could get, after playing little girls, in "The Shining"!!!"

Bonus non-Dead Zone commercial...

"Can You Hear Me Now" - LIVE

~~~~~~
No tribute to Verizon ADVERTISEMENT is complete without this pre-'Dead Zone' classic:

Mr.Wattles View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Wattles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2008 at 5:24am

omg I love all of these

my all time favorite is the one where the guy's in the hotel and those two creepy 1920's looking kids are talking to him
badp View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2008 at 11:07pm
I guess I am the only one who finds these commercials annoying
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2008 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by badp badp wrote:

I guess I am the only one who finds these commercials annoying
Well...actually, no. There was one other.
We invited him to a 'parody' filming of 'The XMAS Wreath' commercial (starring yours truly, as the 'Lot Caretaker' - anyone recognize me???); made sure he DID NOT have 'The Network' as the lights went out at our tree lot. 
He kind of 'went to pieces', during the first shoot...but we're going to start all over and we need a NEW 'customer'!

What service provider do you use?

(...and hey - the pay is GREAT, as long as you can keep your head about you...we start at dusk - be there; we'll 'square up' - you can leave the fam at home, if you like - it can 'speed things along', ya know)  

(previous 'customer' rehearsing for final scene)

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 6:13pm
...'tis already been posted elsewhere...but 'Trent' (LOL his mommy and daddy are possibly very closely related (maybe even too much so - 'Deliverance - 2009; 'TrentBob gets a job')) reminds me of 'Today's Youth up here in the Great White North'...
QuestForComedy View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QuestForComedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 8:51pm

i am mixed on this old series of dead zones, after 7 or 8 versions, its time to lose the gimmic and create a new one. i dont wanna see verizon wind up like those boring progressive commercials.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic