Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pampers "Silent Night" (friggin' VIDEO!)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pampers "Silent Night" (friggin' VIDEO!)
    Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 4:48am
Angry...in 1980, the world population was under 4 billion.
I don't need this stinkin' reminder.
Took hundreds of thousands of years to get there, doncha know...and now, the stinkin' world population decided to lose its overall sense and religion and to act like a bunch of cockroachrabbits.
2010...the world population is 6.84 billion.  Heading into 2012, the world population is expected to hit 7 billion.
Anyone gor extra jobs at Taco Bell  for all these newborn floor scrubbers?
Yea - took only 30 years of uncontrolled stroking instead of sterilization, to create world financial panic because all o'God's chilluns want 'food stamp babies' - and we who pay taxes will get to support yer friggin' spermmistakes as you head on out to social services.
Not to worry.
There's a light at the end of the tunnel.
Pampers loves ya at this time o'year - and they got the 'comfortable answer' for all the lil'sh*tters.
No matter the race, you too may have made "that innocent spermmistake".
Pampers can help - they got the goods, doncha know - and the sappy "Silent Night" will help lull your bacg o'colicy, wigglin' exhaustion-on-demand with their very own XMAS video, too!
Why can't we have "Neutered & Spayed Night" XMAS video?
I want my 'South o'the Border' tax dollars to do more.
I'm thinkin' some good ol' U.S. of Americo 'contra operations' are in order - gotta 'right-size' the population.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 10:06pm
This is the long version of this nauseating ad.

OK, I know I'm a bit sick and twisted, but man, at the end of this commercial, that twisted part of me wants to see someone standing there with 2 huge pot covers and clash them together as if they were playing the grand finale in Taicovsky's  1812 Overture.

That's what I think of sleeping in heavenly peace.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

OK, I know I'm a bit sick and twisted, but man, at the end of this commercial, that twisted part of me wants to see someone standing there with 2 huge pot covers and clash them together as if they were playing the grand finale in Taicovsky's  1812 Overture.

LOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 10:34pm

OK, I know I'm a bit sick and twisted...

Big smileMerry XMAS, Maddy...and lemme be the second, or, well...maybe even the twentieth, I dunno...(Mr.SausageWee certainly was the first) to tell you that you need not 'express' that; YOU are a 'proven positive asset to this big ol'goofy earth'; this world loves & needs you - in other words, We KNOW you are 'sick and twisted'...please don't ever change.  

, but man, at the end of this commercial, that twisted part of me wants to see someone standing there with 2 huge pot covers and clash them together as if they were playing the grand finale in Taicovsky's  1812 Overture.

Wink grazie!, si!
I needed that stinkin' snicker, today...I *like* the idea.
Know any newborn wards in an inner-city hospital where we can do that and get away? All we need are subway times. 

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 10:38pm
It chokes me up every timeCryCry
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 10:39pm
This commercial really pisses me off, if only because of the horrendous chopping up of the song. Silent Night has always - even now that I've grown up and moved on from Religion - been such a lovely and touching song for me, and hearing it snipped up like this just seems like taking a massive dump on the song.

Now if they had sleeping babies spliced together with Laurel and Hardy singing "Go to sleep, My Baby (Ba-haby)", I'd probably love it.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 12:20am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

It chokes me up every timeCryCry
Evil Smile...note to self: Hog-Tie the Tizzer and wrap a friggin Pampers diaper around his face - kinda like a police 'spit-bag', doncha know...take photos and post on CIH...great giggles for all, cancha tell. 
missyme View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missyme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 12:20am
I guess I am missing the point between this Christmas hymn and babies sleeping in Pampers.
MissyMe
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 12:24am
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

...Now if they had sleeping babies spliced together with Laurel and Hardy singing "Go to sleep, My Baby (Ba-haby)", I'd probably love it.
Evil SmileBig smile...reminds me of my all-time favorite film scene - W.C. Fields drops a nickle on the sidewalk, in front of an 'innocent wafe'. As she bends over to pick it up, he kicks her in the tail, sending her down a coal chute.
"My Hero!"
Pertty sure she wasn't wearing 'Pampers'.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 12:27am
Originally posted by missyme missyme wrote:

I guess I am missing the point between this Christmas hymn and babies sleeping in Pampers.
WinkSilly Girl! Babies crap on XMAS day, too - so, doncha know, it will not be such a 'Silent Night' if ya forgot to put a diaper on the little crittersh*tter.
70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 12:41am
I guess EVERYBODY has to have a Xmas ad....
"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
ProudHeart86 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudHeart86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 2:45am
I hate that I see this commercial in the friggin' summer!!!  "Silent Night" is a Christmas Carol...I do NOT want to be hearing it in the middle of July!  Can't they use some other lullaby during the non-holiday times??
Zee View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 4:25am
Man, you don't seem like the type of person who likes kids. Have you ever considered omega vitamins?

On-topic. Yes, these ads get very irritating. Such a terrible song, and the only sad reminder how teen pregnancy keeps on growing (which is pretty much the reason why the population is such in a boom, but not to worry. World War 3 and a bunch of other natural disasters will kill us all). 
"I tremble with rage when I hear Rebecca Black sing or talk." - Zee from gtaforums.com
robodog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robodog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 5:18pm
Nothing like images of sleeping babies with great big loads in their diapers to get us into the Christmas spirit.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Zee Zee wrote:

Man, you don't seem like the type of person who likes kids. Have you ever considered omega vitamins?

On-topic. Yes, these ads get very irritating. Such a terrible song, and the only sad reminder how teen pregnancy keeps on growing (which is pretty much the reason why the population is such in a boom, but not to worry. World War 3 and a bunch of other natural disasters will kill us all). 

Not sure who this was aimed at but how would considering a vitamin (not actually taking it, just sitting around considering and contemplating) help anyone to "like"  kids?
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 5:37pm
In case anybodies clueless here's the 1812 Overture (Finale) from Tchaikovsky

that would definitely wake the babies up!LOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 10:39pm
Vitamins give me gas.
Doesn't make for a "silent night".
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 5:18am

While sappy and funny to use the Christ child's birth to symbolize pee free nights.. I am curious about what makes "Silent Night" a "terrible song"

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 1:49pm

It's a beautiful song.

I mentioned in the SPCA thread how, in order to avoid a horrible SPCA commercial (featuring Silent Night sung by Sara McLachlan) one night, I clicked onto the next channel---where this Pampers commercial was playing.

While the use of Silent Night in the SPCA commercial seemed like a juxtaposition or contrast to the depressing images of abused animals, I think the use of Silent Night to images of sleeping babies was congruent, optimistic...and nice (despite the weewee/caca thing---which is barely implied, anyway).

hopelesspyromantic View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hopelesspyromantic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2011 at 1:19pm
OP is an asshole. If misanthropy is your hobby, why don't you set an example and get a vasectomy/hysterectomy?

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2011 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by hopelesspyromantic hopelesspyromantic wrote:

OP is an asshole. If misanthropy is your hobby, why don't you set an example and get a vasectomy/hysterectomy?

Hey, this isn't the Youtube comments section.  Take your insults elsewhere.

Mindybolt View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mindybolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 4:36pm
It irritates me how they would butcher Silent Night for something as disgusting as diapers. Yes, I'm stating the obvious, but this is a new low for television.
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 4:21pm
I just can't believe that Pampers HAD to use "Silent Night" for a diaper commercial!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 4:41pm
Oh, c'mon.  Yes, it's a commercial put out by Pampers, but that's only evidenced by a Pampers logo at the very end that lasts 3 seconds out of 60.  I think it's pretty tasteful. 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Oh, c'mon.  Yes, it's a commercial put out by Pampers, but that's only evidenced by a Pampers logo at the very end that lasts 3 seconds out of 60.  I think it's pretty tasteful. 
ShockedA diaper full of watery pooslop is 'tasteful'? Sick Or maybe you just meant pee. Sick
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic