Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Commercial Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Duluth Trading 'Ballroom Jeans'

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Duluth Trading 'Ballroom Jeans'
    Posted: 21 Nov 2011 at 2:00pm

I never knew, fellas.LOL
Sponsored Links

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2011 at 2:31pm
*snort*

I love this commercial!

Most jeans I've bought tend to have ample crotch room, though...unless they're that very firm thick denim with no stretch, but then again those at so constricting some stores sell them next to the gussets.

Scary story, though, The one pair of jeans with a nice roomy contoured crotch I have....I actually got in the women's section (I'm petite! You know how hard it is to find 27-29" pants in mens?

Why a woman needs a roomy crotch, I really do NOT want to know.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2011 at 9:39pm
Why a woman needs a roomy crotch, I really do NOT want to know.
Ma Duggar could tell ya.

I've seen this ad numerous times. Why buy jeans that tight in the crotch area.  They make relaxed - fit ones.
That gusset looks uncomfortable too.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2011 at 10:29pm
"Crotch Gusset" is just a fancy term for nut sack.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 1:05am
Wouldn't that be a nut sack sack?
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 1:50am
Now, Brett and Dale Jr. are here to talk about Wrangler Jeans for men with 'package problems'.

musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 2:34am
I've been buying Duluth Trading's No Polo shirts for years.  This is the first year I've seen them advertise on TV.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 5:24am
WinkI got a kick out of this commercial - I understand it perfectly well. Interesting that Duluth Trading is marketing this OLD feature that us 'real men with that huge problem' have long had to address (Wrangler has long made this class of pants).
Of course when I do wear my 'Wrangler Riggs' jeans (which have the same feature), I also am forced to wear special underpants.
  fundies underwear for two
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 2:39pm
I prefer the new-fangled undergarments for us 'special' men. They're more like bras, they LIFT, and seperate [a crowd as they are forced to part to make way].
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

Wouldn't that be a nut sack sack?

I was thinking that, but then, as they say, brevity is the soul of wit.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Wink, I also am forced to wear special underpants.

How do you pedal your bicycle? Like, which side do you throw it over to?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 9:30pm
ConfusedEven though the 'Ancients' used to disfigure and decorate their 'fun monkies', MissyDWolf prefers I do not (THANK GOODNESS!), so I gotta hang to the right-side so to avoid the chain/chain guard, doncha know. Helps me avoid oncoming traffic too, doncha know.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2011 at 2:02am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Apparently the guy on the left isn't very "special".

C'mon, man!
Christine View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2011 at 2:16am
I like the Duluth ad series (though the "angry beaver" one is meh.) Simple, straightforward- they end with "get a pair" and the web address. What more do you need??

As for the "crotch" concept, didn't even occur to me that it might be for especially "manly" men. Duh, guess that's great marketing though- now guys who want a certain reputation can buy Duluth and women will think he needs the extra crotch room Wink

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2011 at 5:29pm
Big smile...gotta be sure and wear your 'Buck Naked Underwear' with your 'Ballroom Jeans'

Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2011 at 6:43pm
Gotta love that look. Bulging buff biceps and a burly beer belly.
Personally, I always have liked a little firmness in my underwear, not the strangulating kind, but I like to know that my underwear is actually holding my stuff in place.

Love these ads so much! Sadly, the only one that seems to regularly air for me is the subpar beaver one.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2011 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

Gotta love that look. Bulging buff biceps and a burly beer belly.
Personally, I always have liked a little firmness in my underwear, not the strangulating kind, but I like to know that my underwear is actually holding my stuff in place.

I prefer the new-fangled undergarments for us 'special' men. They're more like bras, they LIFT, and seperate [a crowd as they are forced to part to make way].

Are you a dude??Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic