Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Commercial Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vonage "Bundle of Joy" (Video!)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vonage "Bundle of Joy" (Video!)
    Posted: 20 Nov 2011 at 5:41pm
HeartLOLYayyyy!!!!!!!!!! I SO love this commercial! It is SO SWEET and SO TRUE!!!
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2011 at 6:40pm
Brilliant! The commercial is actually a little believable. The Husband is a bit stupid, but it's not the extreme level of stupidity they try to get away with in other commercials.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 4:53am
Big smileVonage FINALLY got their ads going good...the second 'Bundled' is as good as the first.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Dear View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 9:29pm
I LOVE this one! The look of horror on his face at the end is priceless, and he's a likeable kind of dumb. Clap
Please, stop saying "Awesome" in commercials! Your actors are not awe-inspiring and neither is your product.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 3:53am
Husband is clearly not listening very well to what wife is talking about (quite common). I learned long ago that there are some questions the wife asks that do not have a correct answer.

Question: Have you been listening to a thing I have been saying?
Answer: No
Result: Night on the couch.

Answer: Yes
Result: Pop quiz
TV_Casualty View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 10:02pm
It's not that good. The wife is just as dumb as he is in the commercial.

When he says, "Drop you? I would never drop you!," the wife should've said, "No, I'm talking about the phone, not the baby."

But, apparently the wife is just as clueless as the dad.LOL

Christine View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 9:04pm
I like this one too. It's silly and not overblown.

Reminds me of the State Farm ad, where the husband is on the phone late at night, and the suspicious wife confronts him:

"Who's this??"
"It's Jake........from State Farm."
"What are you wearing, 'Jake' from 'State Farm'??"
"Uhhh...........khakis?"
"She sounds hideous."
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 3:05am
Thumbs Up...this is ONE commercial I was glad to see resurrected - I still love it.
Been seeing it now and then, lately.
Neil R View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 5:58am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Thumbs Up...this is ONE commercial I was glad to see resurrected - I still love it.
Been seeing it now and then, lately.

I was thinking that too, it's one of the better made spots and I was glad to see it back from the great commercial beyond.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic