Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What are you watching right now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 60>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 1:12am
"Shakelton's Frozen Hell"

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2013 at 9:26am
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 1:48pm
I found a couple of decent movies this morning.
Sharon Stone in   Border Run.  It's a recent movie and she still scores a big yum.
Earlier it was  Jack and Diane  about a lesbian couple.  I'm not sure what was going on there.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 2:34pm
It's Sunday morning, so, Law & Order reruns.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2013 at 8:03pm
I was just about to bitch about there being nothing on TV and behold....Ron White
He looks kind of young, I've probably seen it before.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2013 at 8:05pm

Judge Judy.  Today, there was a young drunk on it from my town.  He was the defendant.  His father was the plaintiff.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2013 at 8:10pm
A NatGeo documentary on the evolution of the 'Puritans' in Ameica. Awfully interesting.
Makes me want a beer.
Now.
Time to take my ragged ass out on and go bike sledding.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2013 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Judge Judy.  Today, there was a young drunk on it from my town.  He was the defendant.  His father was the plaintiff.

How do you get Judge Judy so early on the west coast?
I am worried my routine shows will be interupted by the holiday.
4 pm central on Fox.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2013 at 8:20pm

She's on here from 11am to noon, and then again from 3pm to 4pm.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2013 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

A NatGeo documentary on the evolution of the 'Puritans' in Ameica. Awfully interesting.
Makes me want a beer.
Now.
Time to take my ragged ass out on and go bike sledding.
LOLQuestion of the Day!: "WHY does The Vatican have its own planetary observatory?" - just posed on a documentary I'm watching. I about spit out my beer laughing, as an Irish Catholic, I FULLY understand the obvious 'conflict of interests'.

LOLFlipped over to the H2 (History 2) channel - now watching how the 1960's 'Sex, Drugs, and Rock & Roll' destroyed Calvanism, but (to be Prez) Jimmy Carter tried to save the world, or at least the U.S., via supporting and preaching the Evangelical/Baptist ways...and how 'Darwanism' comes into play...and, for anyone NOT watching - it is unbelievable where they've taken it, but I'm SURE WE are bound for hell, now...LOL
BAD, bad 'Darwinian/Non-Calvanist or Evangelical' critters!!!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2013 at 6:51pm
Young Frankenstein......Better than just the movie Mel Brooks comes on during the breaks and talks about putting the movie together.  Thumbs Up
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2013 at 7:10pm
Not watching anything now, but downloading bumsh*t-loads. When the family is together we'll be watching pretty much every Christmas special out this year.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2013 at 10:25pm

...watching something about some other dead society...

NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2013 at 11:27pm
Lakers/Heat currently.

And on a "watched" note, I saw a good chunk of the Eagles documentary this afternoon.  Pretty good stuff.
I have 168 characters remaining.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2013 at 12:30am
Got tired of watching dead people (the shows get pretty slow), so I decided to watch people go to jail (not a lot of action, once they're in)
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2013 at 3:45am
Finished Time of the Doctor...it was brilliant. The regeneration was excellent, and the farewell a fitting tribute to eleven without being disgustingly sappy, over the top, and destructive like....a previous someone...

Watching the Christmas special for Australian show, "Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries" now.

EDIT: Finished MFMM's "Murder Under The Mistletoe" Equally brilliant, and I'll definitely be watching the rest of the show (Two series to watch). It includes a very clever use of the "12 nights of Christmas" and a few familiar faces to our BBC viewers here.

Then, it was Citizen Khan's "A Khan Christmas" Which was, well, lovely. I like the show, and the Christmas Special did well at making fun of Christmas, making you sympathise with Mr. Khan as he suffers trying to make the impossible work, and in the end it's satisfying without being too smarmy...the end is incredible.

I think I'll just get in the Hebburn special to-night, and then do Midsomer, Mrs. Brown's, and Midwife to-morrow, along with the Boxing Day specials, like "A Gangsta Christmas".
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2013 at 3:25pm
Watching a documentary about a 'red rain' incident in India, where the rain actually turned out to be blood.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2013 at 5:47pm
Yesterday it was a Mel Brooks marathon on Sundance.
Today it's Eastwood on REELZ.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2013 at 9:44pm

I got a new DVD player for Christmas.  My old one never worked quite right from the day I got it (it took forever to get it to play, and I could never fast-forward, rewind, pause, etc.), so I just stopped using it.  

Anyway, maybe I'll watch an old DVD today.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2013 at 12:01am
I ended up watching BOTH Hebburn and Call the Midwife last night. Both were really good, especially Midwife.

For Boxing Day, I have Midsomer, Brown, Tango, along with Gangsta Granny, Death Comes to Pemberley, Still Open All Hours, some others.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2013 at 4:17am
Just popped "Sunshine Cleaning" into the DVD player. I stocked up on low-cost favorite (non-Christmas) movies.

The other night I watched the entire set of "The Fall," which was a little over 5 hours. It is a terrific show but the ending was kind of irritating. Anyone who lusts after Gillian Anderson should watch these. I had an old boyfriend who was a big fan of hers and I bet he has watched this many times   
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2013 at 4:19am
I need to watch Sunshine Cleaning again...
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2013 at 10:01am
The story of the HMHS Britannic - sister ship of the Titanic. Sunk in 1916, after hitting a mine, only 30 lives were lost and those were out of stupid panic when 3 lifeboats full of people dropped into the water (without the Captain's approval) and got sucked into a giant exposed, fully operational propeller. Yea - like leaving the top off the blender.
One lady actually jumped out of a lifeboat and was uninjured. 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2013 at 2:11pm

^  As a matter of fact, there was a news item last night about a ship currently trapped in ice off Antarctica.  The guy Skyping from the ship didn't sound the least bit worried, though.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2013 at 2:14pm

Watched Marley and Me on FX last night.  The true story (based on the book) chronicles the life of a dog from the day a couple adopts him, to the day he dies.  Sweet.  Jennifer Aniston starred.  Sweet, also.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 60>
  Share Topic