Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hamburger helper with infuriating little sister
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hamburger helper with infuriating little sister

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hamburger helper with infuriating little sister
    Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 12:31am
Can't find it on youtube

It has the same family from the "bread-swiping good" commercial and the same chubby little boy. The little sister asks for the last of the hamburger helper for her imaginary friend, to the protest of the boy, and she says to him in a mocking tone "[whatever the hell the imaginary friend is called['s full",

I want to smack that little bitch and give the boy a year's supply of hamburger helper. Angry
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 2:21am
Oh, yeah.  I hate that one. 

Besides, I don't think parents are supposed to play into the notion that imaginary friends are real.  For the parent to give an imaginary friend a plateful of food does just that.  The reasoning is that the kid might start using the imaginary friend to get what they themselves want, even when they no longer have this imaginary friend.  This is just what the little girl does.

70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Phil Phil wrote:

Can't find it on youtube

It has the same family from the "bread-swiping good" commercial and the same chubby little boy. The little sister asks for the last of the hamburger helper for her imaginary friend, to the protest of the boy, and she says to him in a mocking tone "[whatever the hell the imaginary friend is called['s full",

I want to smack that little bitch and give the boy a year's supply of hamburger helper. Angry

LULU is her imaginary friend's name.  I know this because this ad appears an infinite number of times in my living room each day!
"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Oh, yeah.  I hate that one. 

Besides, I don't think parents are supposed to play into the notion that imaginary friends are real.  For the parent to give an imaginary friend a plateful of food does just that.  The reasoning is that the kid might start using the imaginary friend to get what they themselves want, even when they no longer have this imaginary friend.  This is just what the little girl does.

I don't so much mind the commercial, but I agree with your point.
Kids that grow up with imaginary friends become adults with imaginary friends - or just imagine they have friends when they clearly do not. In fact, I'm pretty sure they are the ones walking around with the twitches, one big eye, one small eye, and they talk to air.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
TeamEdward1976 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeamEdward1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 6:41am

Can't find it on youtube

Same here!If I were the mother,I'd say"Tell Lulu that she needs to eat at home from now on.She eating us out of house and home".LOL
Julie
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 3:18pm
Now I want to make some Hamburger Helper. Tongue

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Virginia Dare View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virginia Dare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2011 at 12:45am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Now I want to make some Hamburger Helper. Tongue

I just did!  I had some leftover hamburger, and marinara sauce.  Smooshed it all together with Dreamfield's low carb mac.  Will top with cheddar before serving.  Tongue Better than all those chemicals and probably sugar  in the "real" thing.  LOL

"Pickle you....KUMQUAT!"
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2011 at 2:40am
Hamburger Helper is good.  I just can't see buying it when I have all the ingredients at home.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2011 at 2:45am
Hamburger Helper is fast & easy.

Brown the beef, pour the water in the skillet then pour in the pasta & powdered sauce mix & simmer.

But it's also loaded with sodium.

Saltiest tasting stuff on the planet.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2011 at 2:50am

Hamburger Helper is good, but it gives me temporary indigestion, followed up with a healthy dose of the trots...the cheesy trots are my favorite.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2011 at 3:02am
I like it cold.

Right outta the fridge.

For breakfast.

C'mon, man!
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2011 at 4:16pm

Can't find it on youtube

I just saw this commercial...

I hated it!

She's (The Little Bitch) going to be a Bitchy-ass wife in the commercials because she acts like  she can do what she damn well pleases!

And do you realize there's no dad...maybe the boy should just say..."That's It! I'm Moving In With My Dad...At Least We SHARE The Hamburger Helper"!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 8:11pm

Can't find it on youtube

*BUMP*

I created a parody of the commercial...once the bitchy sister says "Lulu's Full"! The boy says "That's It! I'm Living With One Of My Dad's! At Least They Gime Me As Much Hamburger Helper As I Want!" (Can you also see there's NO dorky husband in this commercial, I think he got sooooo smart that he divorced the wife's ass...or the wife thought he was sooooo stupid she divorced him!)
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Dear View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 10:15pm
Eh, let her have her imaginary friend's second helping. Her brother will be the one laughing in the end when he's not the butterball of the family.
Please, stop saying "Awesome" in commercials! Your actors are not awe-inspiring and neither is your product.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 11:57pm
She's much like the girl in the Walmart Halloween candy commercial who takes a handful of Halloween candy even though the note said to take only one, and snottily excuses herself by proclaiming "I can't read".

orion70 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orion70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2011 at 1:02pm
Commercials that go with the theme of "smartass/smug child is cute" are annoying.  
Iloveidiots View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iloveidiots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 5:14am
You people are seriously insane. Exactly the kind of people that over analyze everything and suck every last drop of fun out of it, God I feel sorry for your children.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 7:24am

I got this PM from the previous poster...

Omg its a commercial you psycho.  Do too also suggest telling children that Santa isn't real?  What is wrong with you people.

I think someone needs a good bowel movement.

Dear View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 9:21am
Originally posted by Iloveidiots Iloveidiots wrote:

You people are seriously insane. Exactly the kind of people that over analyze everything and suck every last drop of fun out of it, God I feel sorry for your children.

Hi, welcome to Commercials I hate. That's what we do here, hate on commercials. Wink Enjoy your stay.
Please, stop saying "Awesome" in commercials! Your actors are not awe-inspiring and neither is your product.
Iloveidiots View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iloveidiots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 9:17am
You guys are so adorable with your little lonely people group. Calling children bitches, you must be so proud! My stay here is over kids, I'm afraid the ignorance and crazy cooties might be contagious. Oh I also sent one of you other weirdos a message, ask him/her/it to post it for story time as well. You can flame me a little more if you get real bored and run out of children to attack, I'm sure some of you stayed up late doing research and are very excited to share what you came up with, but I won't be back to participate. Sorry, excitement is over.   :-(
calzonesays View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calzonesays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 10:01am
Originally posted by Iloveidiots Iloveidiots wrote:

You guys are so adorable with your little lonely people group. Calling children bitches, you must be so proud! My stay here is over kids, I'm afraid the ignorance and crazy cooties might be contagious. Oh I also sent one of you other weirdos a message, ask him/her/it to post it for story time as well. You can flame me a little more if you get real bored and run out of children to attack, I'm sure some of you stayed up late doing research and are very excited to share what you came up with, but I won't be back to participate. Sorry, excitement is over.   :-(

Phil View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2011 at 10:28pm

I got this PM from the previous poster...

Omg its a commercial you psycho.  Do too also suggest telling children that Santa isn't real?  What is wrong with you people.

I think someone needs a good bowel movement.

really? mine said

You do realize its a COMMERCIAL right? Jesus you people need to get laid. You're attacking a child actress.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2011 at 11:07pm
iloveidiots has problems.  Bowel or emotional, I don't know.  Perhaps both.

orion70 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orion70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2011 at 11:10pm

Maybe it IS time to get real about what happens in the bathroom after all. 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2011 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by orion70 orion70 wrote:

Maybe it IS time to get real about what happens in the bathroom after all. 

LOL

I'm guessing that iloveidiots' bathroom hasn't seen anything real in about two weeks.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic