Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Two and a Half Men's new season sans Charlie....
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Two and a Half Men's new season sans Charlie....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Mindybolt Mindybolt wrote:

Sheen vs. Two and a Half Men...

Who will win this battle?

So far, with me, they've lost the battle.  I watched a few Kutcher episodes, and lost interest.  It's a different show now, almost like a spin-off.

Sponsored Links

Mindybolt View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mindybolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 2:56pm
It feels like Two Men and Kutcher now.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 6:30pm
I'm even beginning to hate Kutcher's singing voice it's high pitch and out of tune and gravelly. Grrrrrr...Angry
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Mindybolt View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mindybolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 6:33pm
Now I'm only tuning into Two Men and a Half to make fun of it.
The Random Classic View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Random Classic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 10:10am
Two and a Half Men without Charlie Sheen is just not right. Unhappy
Commercials I Hate Rules!!!!

"Why does Godzilla care about subway?"-Hezadancer

"Cats are animals.Their brains are the size of Milk Duds."-Kat
Mindybolt View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mindybolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 3:43pm
And that's why TV is the way it is. Because instead of hiring real talent, they chose to go to the Island of Washed-Up Celebrity Vampires and let them suck the life out of good shows. 
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 11:01pm
The only way they can bring this show back next season is for Charlie to wake up from a bender in the season finale, and then go and shoot that parasite Alan....

Charlie (waking up):  "What a frikkin' nightmare!"

(walks out of room)  * bang *  *bang *

(walks back into room)

"I should have done that years ago." 
Mindybolt View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mindybolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 9:55pm
Yeah...
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 1:24am
AFAIC, T&aHM had run it's course while Sheen was still there. Even if he'd stayed, I'd have felt that it should've been it's last season.

How long were they planning to rely on the same old worn out, cheesey, juvenile, one after the other sex jokes anyway?

They're all just milking it for all it's worth, now.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 2:06am
Ugh another stupid joke where Kutcher is naked. If I ever see a naked joke again I'm GOING TO SCREAM!!!!!

Angry
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 2:40pm
On the other hand, an example of a show that lost it's star then hired another celeb which changed the feel of the show, but is still doing just fine (IMO) is The Office.

They replaced Steve Carell with James Spader, put one of the old characters into the position Carell's character played, created a new position for Spader's character & it seems to be working.

I still like the show, even though it's different. I think that's because The Office had a strong supporting cast to begin with, while T&1/2M relied on Sheen's character to provide the basis for most of the plot humor.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 4:21pm
One of the best transformations was when Mclean Stevenson left MASH and Harry Morgan took over.

Both were excellent.

That just reminded me of the Andy Griffith Show.....pre-color version.  After Barney left,  the show was done.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 2:59pm

Another nail in the coffin.  Well, half a nail, anyway. 

It looks like "Jake" will be leaving the show as soon as his contract expires.  Religious reasons, apparently.  He calls the show "filth".

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

It looks like "Jake" will be leaving the show as soon as his contract expires.  Religious reasons, apparently.  He calls the show "filth".

Can't really disagree although it seems that kid took it a bit 'over the top'; if nothing else, he's buried himself, if not the show (is it even still on?Confused)
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 3:54pm

Believe it or not, the show still seems to be getting great ratings...as good as ever.

How?  Who even watches it these days?

jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 8:51pm
Ugh.. poor kid. As a Christian I cringe at these fresh new believers that try to throw their own convictions and guilt to the masses and try to impose it on others. Hopefully he will calm down and not get all Kirk Camerony on us. 
He really is alienating himself and his faith from others by his behavior and badmouthing the show. Regardless is he is right, most sitcoms do glorify a lifestyle that most evangelical christians would poo poo (but many watch anyway) but his blasting it is coming of as foolish and arrogant
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2012 at 9:52pm
I cannot say he is WRONG, but I can say his approach is less than desireable, but cetainly gets his point across, with no concern the impact and effect of his words upon the well-being of others.
If I may speak for 'Christians' (HOWEVER one may wish to 'define' such), maybe it is best to simply remind others 'there are options - maybe SUGGESTED options' - for the broadcast time period in question). Look at them, yet realize we live within a land which supports freedom of speech and expression. 

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 1:01am
Originally posted by Vindicated Vindicated wrote:

Recently I've become an inadvertent viewer. Meaning that if you leave the TV on long enough, the show will come on. So far I've seen a couple dozen new and reruns. My complaint from initial viewing isn't about supposed "inappropiate behavior". What turns me off is the cruel dehumanizing that the show passes off as good and normal behavior, and not even a sharp\dark humor way like "Always Sunny in Philadelphia". 

Common Themes
"Hey you, you're a worthless human being who needs to do the world a favor and blown his brains out!" - Cue laughtrack HAHAHA! 

"Hey, this is my wacky neighbor who brags about murdering my brother 2 weeks ago- Oh Rose!" Cue laughtrack HAHAHA! 

Evelyn to Rose's father (played by Martin Sheen), right in front of their kids:

"I think God gave us children so that death wouldn't come as such a disappointment."

Dehumanizing?  Maybe.  But funny as hell.

I loved the show for a few years, but realized I'd seen it enough when I began to remember the lines.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 1:12am
It woulda been a better show even prior to Sheen's departure if there hadn't always been so such a relentless concentration on sex sex sex.

Even when the plot wasn't directly concerned with some sexual topic, they couldn't speak three lines of dialogue without making some cheesy sexual inuendo.

I'm no prude about that kinda stuff, but geez..... enough gets to be enough after awhile.

Good writers ought to be able to get laughs without resorting to that. 

I actually thought the show was getting kinda pervy. Probably still is & even more so.

C'mon, man!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 1:12am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

WOW....just wow I don't know what to say, he is right on one hand, but on the other I think he took it TOO far.

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

It woulda been a better show even prior to Sheen's departure if there hadn't always been so such a relentless concentration on sex sex sex.

Even when the plot wasn't directly concerned with some sexual topic, they couldn't speak three lines of dialogue without making some cheesy sexual inuendo.

I'm no prude about that kinda stuff, but geez..... enough gets to be enough after awhile.

Good writers ought to be able to get laughs without resorting to that. 

I actually thought the show was getting kinda pervy. Probably still is & even more so.

Agreed, I remember seeing the show when Sheen was still on and remembering all the sex innuendo they could stuff in the show. I remember sitting though all that crap and grinning and bearing because I "liked" the show. When in fact I hated it! So far they tuned that stuff down for now, unless I've been clueless. I was happy that Rose showed up I liked her. I'll see how the next show is we'll see.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 1:21am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

WOW....just wow I don't know what to say, he is right on one hand, but on the other I think he took it TOO far.

That's what a lot of "new Christians" do.

They "find the Lord" & suddenly feel it's their sacred duty to save everyone's souls by beating them into submission.

Some never grow out of it, either.

My best friend in high school, the guy in the light blue VW pic posted in another thread, got that way. Odd thing is, his last name was "Lord" too.

Thirty five years & several kids later, he's more diplomatic about it I think, & actually able to hold a conversation without getting preachy, but then again, I haven't spoken to him at length that many times since then.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 2:00am
The comments he made about Two and a Half men being "filth" are just a few seconds out of a half-hour "testimonial".  I listened to a bit of it.  He doesn't come across as overly preachy...certainly nowhere near as preachy as Hollywood often gets.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 4:32am
He's hardly in the show anymore as it is, so it's really no loss if he leaves (or even if the show gets canceled.)  I'm just waiting for the "Let me show you on this Elmo doll where Jon Cryer touched me" revelations....  LOL
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2012 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

He's hardly in the show anymore as it is, so it's really no loss if he leaves (or even if the show gets canceled.)  I'm just waiting for the "Let me show you on this Elmo doll where Jon Cryer touched me" revelations....  LOL

Didn't the Elmo puppeteer for Sesame Street resign after molestation allegations? I remember reading that somewhere.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic