Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Two and a Half Men's new season sans Charlie....
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Two and a Half Men's new season sans Charlie....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Two and a Half Men's new season sans Charlie....
    Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 5:37am

Leaks have been coming out about how the producers of Ta½M are going to write Charlie Sheen's character out of the show.

Apparently, they're gonna kill him off & rumors are that Chuck Lorre not only did so quite gleefully, but insisted upon it. LOL

According to rumors, the new season will start out with a two part episode that begins with Charlie's funeral, attended by all his past girlfriends, of course, & some Hollywood celebs. I'm thinking maybe Sean Penn, Elvis Costello, Steven Tyler, etc.

The Ashton Kutcher character is supposedly going to be introduced as a potential buyer of Charlie's house.

I was thinking maybe Kutcher would be cast as Judith's wealthy brother/cousin/whatever who would buy the house, or buy another house, & somehow, Alan & Jake would wind up living with (sponging off of) him. I had several scenarios cooked up, all involving somebody else owning Charlie's house, because I think they need to keep that dynamic.... Alan as the cheapskate loser, sponging off of the other guy.

The show may very well have a few more successful seasons ala Cheers post-Diane Chambers, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it tank after one season.

Guess we'll see.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 7:31am
Never been a Kutcher fan...can't see this really working out beyond a few episodes.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 11:35am
It will be interesting to see the difference in dynamic with replacing the Charlie character and actor's I don't give a darn attitude with Ashton Kutcher's puppy like enthusiasm.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 2:14pm
I think I'd have puppy like enthusiasm if I were humping Demi Moore's leg, etc....Evil Smile
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 2:33pm
They could write Kutcher's character as just the opposite of Sheen's..... make him a wealthy, but clueless dumbass (iow... type cast him :-D), who relies on Alan & Jake to keep his ass out of trouble, during which, the comedy would ensue.

Or maybe a wealthy but clueless dumbass who, no matter what kind of stupid, ill-advised activity he engages in, like Charlie, he always comes out smelling like a rose much to the bitter, never ending resentment & frustration of Alan.

I had actually been meaning to start a "Two and a Half Men scenario" thread in which we would speculate about the possible plot directions with Kutcher's new character.

Anyone?....

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 2:37pm
Also.... I would think that maybe, now that Jake is almost a grown man, he should be living with Alan & (new character name as yet undetermined) rather than with Judith, although she could certainly have plenty of opportunities to show up & spread her usual bitchiness around.

And of course, all the other characters ought to still be there, too.

I hope they're reading this over there. They could obviously use my ideas!!!! TongueWink

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 2:25pm
Another thing that just occurred to me.... I wonder what will become of poor little Rose.

She was so devoted to Charlie & now he's gone.

Will she latch on to Kutcher's new character?

Will she even still be in the show?

Hope so. She was one of my favorite characters.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 2:31pm
I'll miss Rose, too.

Otherwise---not looking forward to Kutcher.  I can only imagine it'll become a zany sort of sitcom with him in it.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 3:00pm
I can see it working if they do it right.

Keep in mind, that show has always had good writing & that is the key to a good show.

If they play to Kutcher's "strengths" (I use the term facetiously) they can turn it into something pretty good.

I would guess they could write him as less of a leacherous boozing womanizer & more of a "Kelso" type, but with some kind of financial resources behind him. Like a rich, innocent-minded "Peter Pan" type who, because of his looks & money, attracts beautiful women like a magnet without even trying. Which he doesn't, because he's so clueless. But he gets involved with them & has beaucoup sex anyway, much to Alan's chagrin & envy.

And Jake's marvel & admiration.

C'mon, man!
purrpickle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purrpickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 10:17am

I'm sorry, but Ashton Kutcher's lopsided hair (one side is flared, the other poofy) annoys the hell out of me. The way it's showed in those two pictures just makes him look awful. Am I the only one bothered by the lopsidedness of it? I don't mind long/ish/er hair on men. Just not this... Bad.

Your friendly neighborhood pickle thief with the heart of a kitten. :}
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by purrpickle purrpickle wrote:

I'm sorry, but Ashton Kutcher's lopsided hair (one side is flared, the other poofy) annoys the hell out of me. The way it's showed in those two pictures just makes him look awful. Am I the only one bothered by the lopsidedness of it? I don't mind long/ish/er hair on men. Just not this... Bad.

It's the "I don't care" look.  Oddly, he probably had a hair stylist labor an hour to get it to look like that.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 10:19pm
Looks to me like he just doesn't comb it.

What he needs is to loose the facial scruff.

I ain't callin that crap a beard.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

It's the "I don't care" look.  Oddly, he probably had a hair stylist labor an hour to get it to look like that.

Thor, I think that professionally tousled, labored over for an hour, "I don't care" look you're talking about is more along the lines of this....

Kutcher just looks like a dirty slob who's too lazy to comb his hair.

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 11:30pm
I give it 6 shows before the network hands it a ticket to "Cancelville"....
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 12:04am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

I give it 6 shows before the network hands it a ticket to "Cancelville"....
Isn't that the minimum they shoot for any show? I thought I heard or read that somewhere...all the same, shooting should be almost over, and so...yea, I agree - so it the show.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 2:35pm
This show is now being reran on multiple channels! 
"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Thor, I think that professionally tousled, labored over for an hour, "I don't care" look you're talking about is more along the lines of this....

Kutcher just looks like a dirty slob who's too lazy to comb his hair.

The only way the producers would allow Kutcher to get away with that look (especially for the promo photos above) is if Kutcher is actually playing that sort of sloppy, slacker character that he looks like.  That's why I think it's a cultivated and styled look rather than Kutcher just being too lazy to comb his hair.

I'll bet he'll be as much a pot smoker in the show as Charlie was a drinker.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 3:43pm
That could all very well be true re: the cultivated image & the pot smoker things, but my point was that I don't think a professional hair stylist was involved or even needed. Whether on purpose or not, if ya wanna look like a slob who never combs his hair.... just don't comb your hair.

That oily looking mess on Kutcher's head is TOO messy & unkempt looking to be styled that way. Hence, the Leslie Stahl pic. I think that's kinda what a stylist would do in terms of a casual, uncombed look.

JMO, of course.

C'mon, man!
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 2:46am
Ermm ... These three morons combined still doesn't equal half a man.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 3:14am
I believe that should be "These three morons combined still don't equal half a man." Wink

Otherwise, point taken. Big smile

C'mon, man!
SeanyGenovese View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanyGenovese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 2:10am
Daaaaaamn Ashton Kutcher just got er... I'm gonna go shower now.
Conforming To Abnormality
Grant View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 12:41am
Situations like this always make me think of Chico and the Man. A lot of you will know what that means - Charlie Sheen may be "still with us," but apart from that it feels similar.
Mindybolt View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mindybolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 4:07am
I've got a bad feeling about Kutcher. He just doesn't have the charm Sheen did, and that hair bugs me. Also, the ads and posters look strange, like they're forcing us to like Kutcher in place of Sheen.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 4:21am
I know it feels weird with Sheen not being there, Kutcher seems to fit the role right now but if he keeps acting like a kid he may lose my viewership.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Mindybolt View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mindybolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 4:22am
Yes, you're right.

Sheen vs. Two and a Half Men...

Who will win this battle?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic