Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Recommended / Not Recommended
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tattoos

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Naaah.  Not her.  But she does have that son in prison, which might make her an "MS13 Mom".  Probably cleans his assault weapons

ConfusedYa know, I bet they are a real bitch to tattoo on his birthday cake, every year...but, for a son only a mother could love, well...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2011 at 12:22am
I don't know which would be a worse job- a shoe salesman or a tattoo artist.  Looking at ugly feet all day or looking at a 200 lb. woman's stomach all day tattooing a rat fink tat.Dead
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2011 at 12:35am
Geriatric gynecologist...hands down (and in). 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2011 at 1:19am
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

Geriatric gynecologist...hands down (and in). 
DeadThanks for the ugly picture, Hooty - that ruined a perfectly bad dinner with isn't setting well...between your comment and that, I'll offer 'Geriatric Rectal Examiner, two fingers in, one (brown) thumb upThumbs Up '
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 4:21am
I have 3 tattoos. They didn't hurt much.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by Synesthesia Synesthesia wrote:

I have 3 tattoos. They didn't hurt much.
WinkYea, I've heard those 'rub-on' tattoos don't hurt much...
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 6:08pm
The ultimate tattoo:

Grant View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 3:27am
I usually have nothing against them, and when it comes to some women and (in spite of being straight) men, I think they can look pretty exotic. But - and I know I'm about the millionth one to say this - there is just so little that's wrong and so much that's right about temporary tattoos, and body painting. Just today I was watching "Monterey Pop" and the man with the painted head reminded me of that. One thing I know - this is about the last period of time that people can make fun of those painted flower children without a huge, huge amount of accidental irony in what they say. (Unless of course they're not tattooed.)
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 6:43am
Grant...wonderfully said - simply couldn't agree with your more.

But...all the same and kidding aside, out of care and caution, I find some of this lunacy places us in an odd position of responsibility and cautious care - for those that 'went too far'; they did things to themselves that can never be undone; I think of people such as the 'lizzard man' and the guy who had nuts implanted in his skull so he could screw in an assortment of metal spikes for style.
Of course, these radical actions probably included 'gateway' actions...that 'rub-on' tatoo from the box of Cracker Jacks, the first (ouch!) real tattoo...they lead to the 'heavy stuff'. 
Like tattoo goons, they momentarily, or maybe for a period of time, *must* have it; they believe so very strongly in what they will permanently advertise, throwing caution to the wind.
Then, one fine day, they 'wake up'...."Hey! *I* 'see the light'! *I* think I'll become a banker! In fact, I'm gonna call Mom - she'll be SO proud!". Maybe not - maybe she knows what we know and she will choose to instead have a seizure (I simple abhore those that take 'the easy way out' in that manner).
Once again - you cannot walk into 'big business' looking like a survivor of the 'Great Crayola War'; there is simply too much external psychology to be controlled withhin business society - and no one person can do it, much less, should expect it.

musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 1:42pm
I'm not sure this fits the subject, but here I go.

When I was very young a got teased and made fun of a lot.  I eventually had extremely low self esteem.
Therefore, I used to like to wear stuff with Logos on it.  Hats, shirts, jackets etc. 

Because I thought (at the time) Chevrolet was super cool.  I would feel better, more confident and cooler if I had a shirt on that had a big Chevrolet on it.  In my mind, the brand was cool so it made me cool.

Now,  I hate wearing brands on my clothing (which is virtually obligitory now, as you can't buy anything without the brand hugely emblazoned on it somewhere).

I don't like being a walking billboard for some company.

Maybe when people are young, they like tattoes to make them feel more important, but like PaW says, they will regret them later in life.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by musicman musicman wrote:

I'm not sure this fits the subject, but here I go.

When I was very young a got teased and made fun of a lot.  I eventually had extremely low self esteem.
Therefore, I used to like to wear stuff with Logos on it.  Hats, shirts, jackets etc. 

Because I thought (at the time) Chevrolet was super cool.  I would feel better, more confident and cooler if I had a shirt on that had a big Chevrolet on it.  In my mind, the brand was cool so it made me cool.

Now,  I hate wearing brands on my clothing (which is virtually obligitory now, as you can't buy anything without the brand hugely emblazoned on it somewhere).

I'm glad to say that I've never (by "never", I mean "not even once") worn a t-shirt that advertised some company's product.  I always thought that if I was to wear such a shirt, the company should pay me for the free advertisement. 

I have, however, worn rock and roll t-shirts---Black Sabbath, Jefferson Airplane, etc.  There seemed to be a difference, though I don't know what.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 3:19pm
I used to have a couple of t-shirts that had the name & logo of a company I worked for.

Wore them around once in awhile.

I think I also had an orange Reese's Peanut Butter Cup t-shirt that I got free as part some kind of promotion, that I wore around a bit.

But who wouldn't wear one of those????

Oh, & of course, the occasional Miami Dolphins t-shirt.

Had an NYPD t-shirt too.... don't know if that would count, though.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 3:27pm
My sister & her former husband used to go to this little local tavern near where they lived & they told me about this guy there who everybody called "Rooster".

He used to tell everyone he'd meet, that he had a "cock that hung below his knee...."

Then he'd pull up his pant leg & show them his tattoo of a rooster hung by the neck on his shin.

Something like this, I'm guessing:

Never actually saw it myself, though.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 3:27pm

Tattoos have traditionally been a "white trash" thing...or just trashy regardless of race.  Why anyone would want to "legitimize" that sort of thing, is beyond me.  If you want to play white trash for a few days, try those rub-on tattoos.

Plus, the whole thing has become such a "follow the crowd" sort of thing that it no longer sets anyone apart from the crowd.  "Ooooh!  You have tattoos, a buzzcut and a shirt with a skull on it.  You're so edgy!"  Zzzzzzz....

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I used to have a couple of t-shirts that had the name & logo of a company I worked for.

Wore them around once in awhile.

I think I also had a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup t-shirt that I got free as part some kind of promotion, that I wore around a bit.

But who wouldn't wear one of those????

Oh, & of course, the occasional Miami Dolphins t-shirt.

Had an NYPD t-shirt too.... don't know if that would count, though.

I'm thinking more t-shirts that advertise some commercial product.  I had a t-shirt that had the name of the comedy club I worked at.

I guess the worst would be the t-shirts that advertise Nike or Mercedes or something.

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 3:32pm
Check out the NBA sometime...white trash has some tattoo competition.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 3:38pm

My favorites are the Mexican gang types who have a crucifix or Mary tattoo emblazoned on their backs.  I always want to ask them how they reconcile these things, but I don't know how to say "reconcile" in Hispanic.  Besides, it might get me killed.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 3:38pm

I'm thinking more t-shirts that advertise some commercial product.  I had a t-shirt that had the name of the comedy club I worked at.

I guess the worst would be the t-shirts that advertise Nike or Mercedes or something.

I wouldn't recommend wearing one of these around where you used to live...

Probably make a whole lot of new friends, fast.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 3:41pm

My favorites are the Mexican gang types who have a crucifix or Mary tattoo emblazoned on their backs.  I always want to ask them how they reconcile these things, but I don't know how to say "reconcile" in Hispanic.  Besides, it might get me killed.

They're probably doing it for the irony.

But then, you probably can't say that in Spanish either.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 3:41pm
Maybe if I liked that food product, I'd wear such a shirt. 

Naah.  Probably not.  LOL

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

They're probably doing it for the irony.

But then, you probably can't say that in Spanish either.

I had 5 years of Spanish, and I don't think the word "irony" ever came up.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 3:51pm

How ironic.

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 3:57pm
I love my tattoos

Without hurting me,
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 4:20pm
I'd be scratching myself all of the time with those tats.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 4:24pm
Why?
They're so cute! Heart
Without hurting me,
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic