Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Recommended / Not Recommended
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tattoos

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 10:29pm
Even his other ear is green. He wouldn't get a job selling checker boards.
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 2:55am
I just always imagine these people 30 - 40 - 50 years down the road, sitting in a nursing home & thining to themselves.... "Damn, I wish I didn't have this dumb crap all over me."
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 4:04am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I just always imagine these proplr 30 - 40 - 50 years down the road, sitting in a nursing home & thining to themselves.... "Damn, I wish I didn't have this dumb crap all over me."
Yuppers! Like I said elsewhere, some folks gotta look like friggin' totem poles, or like they barely survived 'The Great Crayola War', without realizing 'some paths go one direction'.
Ya know...thinkin' (kindly) of you, ol'Mule - and your knowledge of drafting and architecture, The Inquiring Mindless Need To Know...why fo' ain't ya got a "Tatt" like THAT?:

Chair &amp;amp; Ottoman

Yea, I know - Thor,  Hooty, Madawee, Big Momma, and many others should have this one. We could be an actual 'tribe'.
Maybe not a pretty one, but a 'tribe' none the less....
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 4:36am
That almost looks like it was Photoshopped.

Nice pic, but I wouldn't want it on my arm.

Or leg.

Or back.

Etc.

I don't even wear jewelry.

Hell, I don't even wear a watch, for Chrissakes!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 2:16pm

I don't even wear jewelry.

Being Italian, I'm obliged to wear an expensive gold chain around my neck.  I've been wearing this one for ten years.  Last year, it needed to go in for a new clasp.  It was weird not wearing it for two weeks.  I felt so Presbyterian!

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 8:54pm

Gotta say I'm a lot like ol'Mule, here.

No jewelry 'cept the obligatory 'ring through the nose' - and I also haven't worn a watch since I can't remember when.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 6:23am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Being Italian, I'm obliged to wear an expensive gold chain around my neck.  I've been wearing this one for ten years.  Last year, it needed to go in for a new clasp.  It was weird not wearing it for two weeks.  I felt so Presbyterian!

Guido.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 5:09am
The definitive statement on tattoos was made long ago...

C'mon, man!
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 6:42pm
I have 6 tattoos, but none are oversized and none are visible when I'm wearing a short sleeve shirt.  I got them in my late teens, but at least I kept the future in mind when choosing their locations, unlike say this guy:

Somehow those tattoos just wouldn't be quite as expressive without all the piercings to match.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 9:17pm
What?  No split tongue or horns implanted into his forehead?

I actually like it when such people go to such crazy extremes.  To me, they're just buffoons who momentarily satisfy my need for amusement.

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 9:31pm
LOL so true.  Just google "Face piercings" or "Face tattoos" and you'll get pages of extremely laugh-worthy images.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

I have 6 tattoos, but none are oversized and none are visible when I'm wearing a short sleeve shirt.  I got them in my late teens, but at least I kept the future in mind when choosing their locations, unlike say this guy:

Somehow those tattoos just wouldn't be quite as expressive without all the piercings to match.

Well, it's for sure they won't be letting this guy work the cash register at McDonald's.

He's gonna be stuck out of sight in the back on the fryer for good.

Actually, he's probably a motorcycle mechanic or something.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 5:03pm

Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

Well, it's for sure they won't be letting this guy work the cash register at McDonald's.

He's gonna be stuck out of sight in the back on the fryer for good.

Actually, he's probably a motorcycle mechanic or something.

Yea...never can really see this guy getting that Bank Teller job, or heading to NYC in a 3-piece suit, ready to represent any large pharmaceutical firm, unless he's suppoed to be the bio-experiment ('before' picture).
Actually, when you look like that, everyday is Halloween - he looks so cute, doesn't it just make you want to drop a piece of candy in his trick-or-treat bag?  
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 5:23pm
Makes me want to cross over to the other side of the street when I see him coming towards me.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 6:08pm

Makes me want to cross over to the other side of the street when I see him coming towards me.

CryJimbo is a spoil-sport.
No fun during Halloween.
Or at Tattoo parlors.
Or Max-Security prisons.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 9:32pm
Bet it's fun times around the family Thanksgiving dinner table. He probably carves the bird..... with a cigarette. 
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 3:13am
I'm guessing he probably does Thanksgiving dinner down at the mission.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 3:19am

Once again my eyes were abused by another few survivors of the Great Crayolo Conflict, while grabbing a breakfast for MissyD & Self.

Was staning in the 'hurry up & wait' line at Tim Horton's, I was conversing and cracking jokes with an old biker. He had some of those arm tats one gets during drunken shore leave in far away places; a few were pretty cool. We then noticed these two girls who didn't look a day over 18 and from quite well-to-do families. One had possibly the most eye-straining and complex tatoo I've ever seen, on her back. It appeared to be a story written in a circle fashion, in a very fine script. It was all blue and the circle of words appeared to be huge - almost shoulder-to-shoulder. It was one color - a lighter shade of blue.
I have to say it was indeed impressive, for the half of it that was visible - so much so that I was too stunned to even ask her about it, which I now wish I had done.

Does that mean I'm now a fan of tats? Nope, not a bit - but that one was stiking.

PrincessMorbucks View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessMorbucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 3:33am
I would like a tattoo on my right arm of Tina Hellman when I'm old enough. My mom says it hurts, though--and you can't flinch. I'm a flincher...but I pray by then I'm over it.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 3:42am
Originally posted by PrincessMorbucks PrincessMorbucks wrote:

I would like a tattoo on my right arm of Tina Hellman when I'm old enough. My mom says it hurts, though--and you can't flinch. I'm a flincher...but I pray by then I'm over it.
WinkListen to your Mom and then think REAL HARD (unlike so many others) before considering playing 'Coloring Book' with your body. Tats create instant impressions when it comes to job interviews and promotions to executive positions - you will never be taken seriously (that is just the way the world goes around). Another thing - a tat of another person?! Silly.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 4:52am
Originally posted by PrincessMorbucks PrincessMorbucks wrote:

Just go with temporary tattoos.  Yeah, they'll wear off eventually, but you can change them out (or even buy your favorite design in bulk.)  In fact, keep it secret from your friends that it's a temp.  Then someday at a party you can play it up that you had it "removed", and exaggerate the story beyond all belief ("And the laser BURNED MY WHOLE ARM OFF, but they gave me a spare one they snatched from a fatal multi-car pile up in the parking lot, and stitched it on using Post-it notes and white-out they shoplifted from Staples.")
  Besides, if you get a real tat you might later have regrets about it....
ProudHeart86 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudHeart86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 4:28pm
I have to say, I hate temporary tattoos.  I love my 6 real tattoos.  Oh, and yeah, you really can't flinch, but if you get a decent artist, they will do a great job of holding you down.  My last tattoo (not last "forever", but my latest) was such a great experience.  It's on my lower arm, and I'm sensitive around there, but my artist held me down really tightly, so I didn't flinch.  You really just have to find a reputable, good artist, and it can't hurt to go in the shop and watch.  
And, honestly, I don't like the whole mindset that people think that everyone who ever gets a tattoo will regret it later on.  I've had my first one for several years, and I have yet to regret it.  It's a matter of taking the time to think about what you want, and thinking long and hard (hur hur) about every aspect of the tattoo (you know, where you want it, will it hold meaning for you 50-60 years from now, etc).  Not everyone who gets a tattoo does it to make a statement or "be edgy" :)  My tats are the most special part of me, and are the most attractive parts of my body.  They all hold specific meaning for me, and I shall never regret a single one :)  

(This was taken the day I got the tat, so that's why it looks a bit wonky.  Not to mention it's covering some major scars.  That's what those bumpy patches are)
PrincessMorbucks View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessMorbucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 5:38pm
Meh...you're right. It does sound useless. Although, I'm still thinking...
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 5:48pm
WinkJust be sure that when you're all dressed up in that fancy business suit and making that big sales pitch to that international group, that your 'Simba' tat matches your suit and doesn't draw attention. If'n ya have 'L-O-V-E' and 'H-A-T-E' on your fingers, consider wearing gloves. If'n ya have "I Love Ozzy" on your forehead, well, you're screwed.
I dunno, maybe the creative person will make up an opening tale of their being taken prisoner-of-war and abused in 'The Great Crayola Conflict', only to be traded back for Snickers Squares. 
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 10:40pm
"The Great Crayola War" I love that phrase!LOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic