Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Recommended / Not Recommended
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tattoos

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tattoos
    Posted: 27 Jun 2011 at 7:05pm
Now a Tattoo is (kinda) a lifetime choice because it stays on your body like almost forever. So if anyone has a tattoo...does it hurt a lot? If so, I may not do it because I would like a Tattoo of one of my favorite cartoon characters.
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2011 at 9:30pm
To me, tattoos and piercings don't make sense...I don't know; I think people ought to draw on themselves with crayons, if they want. 
Crayola washes off and doesn't show when one finally decides to grow up, get serious and snatch that day job. Nothing looks stranger than a person in a business suit with "H-A-T-E" across his knuckles, or maybe something like this:
(This clown will obviously be relegated to achieving little more than working in the prison auto body shop)

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2011 at 11:55pm
Just what ya want on your arm when you're 50, 60, 70---a tattoo of some cartoon character. 

Don't do it! 

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2011 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

And to think we're importing these people.

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 12:08am
I understand this gentleman started with a tattoo of Mickey Mouse.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 12:10am

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

ShockedCareful now - you might get the ol'Mule goin' on ya again! I'm thinkin' these kinds were brought onto our soil to help establish organized group events and activities for our underpopuiated, anti-social, and otherwise impoverished penal system. Just a lil' tat will do ya - or get ya done.
Actually, these types would make great fertilizer for the border farm fields; bet it would be easy to charter a business along that line in Arizona...
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 12:12am
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

I understand this gentleman started with a tattoo of Mickey Mouse.

ConfusedYea...and if he kept it going just a little more, he'd look just like Mickey Rat!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 12:30am
Originally posted by MrCleveland MrCleveland wrote:

...does it hurt a lot? If so, I may not do it because I would like a Tattoo of one of my favorite cartoon characters.
Now, our oldest son has a very large, intricate cross tattooed on the side and under his right arm; where he held his machine gun. He earned his tat big-time; he said it didn't hurt; he delt out much more pain for a lot longer time.
Our second-oldest daughter went against us many years back and put her boyfriend's name on her neck - she was sure she was getting married - she didn't, but she suffer a lot of pain getting the name put on (lucky for her, she has always been kind of a 'one-way photo-gray'; she has gotten progressively darker as she has gotten older (she almost has her mother's tan, now) - last time I saw her, you couldn't see the tat at all. Like her brother, she deals out brutal justice in a good way, so...she's a grown-up; asks for nothing, whines about nothing. Her choice.
Our other pups all have brains and dole out the crap to the 'human black boards' (even though they each only have one tat, not generally visible on either) in ways that we, as parents, cannot.
molegoddess View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote molegoddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 9:04pm
Right, because everyone with a tattoo is a gangsta covered head to toe in skulls and guns.  Ermm

I have a tattoo.  I consider myself a modest, reserved, and dignified person.  My tattoo is small and tasteful, it's on my upper back where no one except me and my bf can see it (unless I'm wearing a swimsuit or dress/top with a low backline, but I usually wear my hair down which covers it).  Not everyone who has a tattoo got it for its "shock value" or to rebel or whatever; or as a dumb impulse buy (I planned mine for years).  Mine is for myself only, its message and significance is important to me and gives me pleasure to see it.  I love it and have never regretted it for a second.

That being said, yes it did hurt; probably not as much as you'd think, though.  Going over the spine was particularly painful.  But it only lasted about half an hour and it was worth it.  Anyone who has ever slammed a finger in a door or stubbed a toe has already been through worse pain.  I had more trouble with the itchiness later on as it healed!  Just make sure you ask around and go somewhere sanitary with good artists!

My sis was the first in my family to get a tattoo.  Then my brother got one, then he took me to get mine.  My mom of course, being old school, disapproved of all our decisions, until she had a change of heart and got her own tattoo.  She says she has no regrets either.
This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff.     ~The Doctor
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 9:23pm
Better a small tattoo than a buncha piercings, I guess.  Certainly better than those "gauges" that people put in their earlobes.  Those things only make me wanna stick my pinky in them and drag the person around a la The Three Stooges.

molegoddess View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote molegoddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 9:29pm
I have no idea what the deal is with gauges.  One day I had never heard of them, the next everyone has them.  I don't mind them; I mean, I don't think they're attractive, but they're not in my ears, so whatever.

As for piercings, my boring ol' traditional ear ones itch like hell enough to discourage me from getting pierced anywhere else.  Not that I would anyway, but ya know.
This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff.     ~The Doctor
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 9:49pm
I was close a few times to getting a tattoo but never did. My niece has too many (in my opinion). One or two looks nice on ladies, but I don't care for everything from the neck down covered in tats. That's only my opinion of course but I can't imagine what that young tight flesh will look like when these folks reach their 80s.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 11:14pm
There is a single lady, upper 50s, who just had a M. Jackson tattoo done on her ankle. Showed it off to whoever would look. Ever since his death, she's been obsessed.
Just got back from a trip to California where she spent a week's vacation for Jackson's second year anniversary get together.Wacko  
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

That's only my opinion of course but I can't imagine what that young tight flesh will look like when these folks reach their 80s.

See the pic Pa posted a few up the page.  That's how the women would look, too...complete with the sagging breasts and maybe even the hair on their shoulders.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 2:11am
ConfusedTattoo: The Halloween Costume You Cannot Take Off
Again, just being honest yet ugly at the same time (you are welcome)...I can guarantee I will not hire you if you step in front of me looking like you came from the losing side and barely survived The Great Crayola War...I don't care how smart you are - if your appearance is distracting, I *will not* consider you. If I can't put you out in public, I can't hide you in the corner - sorry - that only works in fairy tales and 'NCIS'. I know I might be losing the remains of a (once) great mind, but I cannot utilize, nor present you to business world, much less, the customer base if you like like an escapee from a circus side-show, or a "reformed" MS-13 gang member.
'Image' counts.
Mind you, this is me speaking from 'my world'...there are many more like me out there.
~~~
But WAIT! There's More "Who Really Cares, PaW?!"
Tatoos on women? Especially business women? HIGHLY un-attractive...makes me wonder if you are a Harley rider or an after-hours crack-addled hooker...but again, sorry - 'tis just the opinion of this ol' 'bent stick-in-the-mud'.

Here's a beautiful example of exactly what happens - and this boy has a 'removable tattoo' on his shirt!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 4:15am

Tatoos on women? Especially business women? HIGHLY un-attractive...makes me wonder if you are a Harley rider or an after-hours crack-addled hooker...but again, sorry - 'tis just the opinion of this ol' 'bent stick-in-the-mud'.

Sometimes, on some news or awards show or something, you'll see some pretty female celebrity all dressed up in some nice dress...but then, there they are---the tattoos that cancel out the whole "sophisticated" thing.  Doesn't matter what expensive designer thing they wear; with tattoos visible on their arms or legs, they look like their designer's name is "Goodwill".

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 4:29am

Sometimes, on some news or awards show or something, you'll see some pretty female celebrity all dressed up in some nice dress...but then, there they are---the tattoos that cancel out the whole "sophisticated" thing.  Doesn't matter what expensive designer thing they wear; with tattoos visible on their arms or legs, they look like their designer's name is "Goodwill".

LOL...oh how true! Thank ya, Bubba.
People forget that we all say and speak 'body language' - that which really expresses us and says the most. And getting a tattoo generally speaks of what one chose to do with recreational time...I'm not a gambling man, but...when I see them, I'm ready to bet that the wearer was, or got drunk or stoned, right before (most likely), during, or immediately after getting the tat. Probably got laid, too...unless it was the dumb boy who forgot 'hooker money' (he probably got stuck with a 'Mickey Mouse' Tat - Mickey in the standard Greatful Dead Strut pose.  

The interpretation of a 'sophisticated woman' with a tattoo may tell one something like:
  • She has turned her life around; just got her 2-year key fob and she hasn't had a break-out in quite some time, doncha know! To this day, she remains 'friends with the warden' and has 'special access to facilities and stories' others only dream of (in their worst nightmares).
  • She was running late and didn't have time to shower after her twins' birthday party where everybody got a 'temp tat' (and now your imagination has you 'smelling tuna through the T.V.') 
  • Oh those silly youthful indiscretions! That marriage at 16 to BobbyJoe just didn't work out - even after you both got the same tat...and only after you found out about his 'overnight truckstop activities'...and, well, then again...the 'beer money' he regularly beat out of you when you cashed the welfare check for the sick baby's milk money along with the trailer rent. But look at you now! You GO girl! At least ya got the tat to remind you (and all of us) of that bitter past.
  • "Life used to Suck" (but I'm all better now!)

<<<---if she has the Owsley Bears Tat, don't take her home to Mom (who might actually recognize her from the past)

<<<---if she has this, don't take her near your grammy (who may have tripped with her)
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 5:11am
LOL
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 4:38pm

What is so much worse about those people than the ones we grow right here at home?

At least they seem to have unstapled the tea bags from their foreheads.

For the time being.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

What is so much worse about those people than the ones we grow right here at home?

At least they seem to have unstapled the tea bags from their foreheads.

For the time being.

Shockedol'Mule...THOSE decent upstandin' Floridians do NOT scare animals or church pastors with their facepaint ~ and they, if they wanted to, they could easily attend any cross burning without a hood. 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 9:45pm
Jimbo seems to actually want more of those MS13 types here.

"Hell, we have tattooed white American trash...why not have tattooed killers from Mexico??  After all, all they want to do is work hard in our fields picking lettuce."

LOL

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 3:14am
Thor presumes that all Mexican immigrants are members of MS13.

Typical.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 3:34am
Never said anything about "all".

We shouldn't even be having one MS13er in this country who's not supposed to be here to begin with.

MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 8:23pm

Never said anything about "all".

We shouldn't even be having one MS13er in this country who's not supposed to be here to begin with.

I wonder if Consuela is an MS13er?

Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 9:13pm
Naaah.  Not her.  But she does have that son in prison, which might make her an "MS13 Mom".  Probably cleans his assault weapons. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic