Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Recommended / Not Recommended
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tattoos

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tattoos
    Posted: 24 Dec 2012 at 4:36pm
I have three small tats: a colored lightning bolt on my right upper arm, an upside-down pink triangle on my left upper arm, and a small Greek lambda above my right nipple.

They did hurt a bit, but nothing like the nipple piercing I got right around 1990 (which I removed and subsequently lost prior to receiving a chest X-ray in early-2009).

Sponsored Links

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2012 at 6:27pm
I have never liked tattoos. I really don't like parents getting the temporary tattoos for their kids.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
eribean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eribean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 4:42am
I plan to get one once I'm supporting myself. I decided what it'll be about a year ago, and I've only thought of tweaking it a bit since so I think I'll probably go through with it. It'll be tiny, though, and somewhere easily concealed. I'm not a "statement-maker" or whatever; it'll be for me.

I thought of getting mine in Japanese... but I guess that's sort of different as I actually can read it. Perpetually annoyed by the number of people who just get it 'cause it looks cool. 疱疹 looks cool. It also means herpes. T_T
"Oh, and just because I like humans, it doesn't mean that I like you personally. That's important to note."
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 4:26am
I think the description in this link will tell you more than you want to know:

Shocked
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2012 at 3:28am
Originally posted by DirtyD79 DirtyD79 wrote:

I don't hate them I just can't think of anything I'd want to get permanently etched onto my skin. If I were gonna get one I'd want it to be something that means something for the rest of my life.
Big smileTHAT is the trick!
That is why AfgyWolf has his cross; he never enjoyed what he had to correct, he tells me he wants to remember in the name of what, why, and...at the end of the day, to be forgiven - and the same for those he eridicated. He is the only pup that can immediately answer the 'why'?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2012 at 2:37am
I don't hate them I just can't think of anything I'd want to get permanently etched onto my skin. If I were gonna get one I'd want it to be something that means something for the rest of my life.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2012 at 12:58am
ConfusedThink about taking a friggin' 'Rosetta Stone' course, for heaven's sake!
Make SURE you don't get THIS carved into you:

白色蕩婦廉價和容易

Looks COOL, eh?
Here's what you're advertising:

White Slut Cheap and Easy

Don't ya feel better already?Big smile

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2012 at 12:54am
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

I don't get this new trend of sh*t written in Chinese on purely American people whose grasp of any dialect of Chinese is "La Choy" at best or, if they want to be fancy "Moo Goo Gai Pan"  Yet, they have an entire speech across their back/arm etc. I guess they hink it makes them look mystical. It doesn't. And how do you know it doesn't really say "I have a nub for a penis!"

From The Big Bang Theory:

Sheldon:  Why do you have the Chinese character for "soup" tattooed on your right buttock?

Penny:  It's not "soup", it's "courage".

Sheldon:  No, it isn't.  But I suppose it does take courage to demonstrate that kind of commitment to soup.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2012 at 12:06am
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

I don't get this new trend of sh*t written in Chinese on purely American people whose grasp of any dialect of Chinese is "La Choy" at best or, if they want to be fancy "Moo Goo Gai Pan"  Yet, they have an entire speech across their back/arm etc. I guess they hink it makes them look mystical. It doesn't. And how do you know it doesn't really say "I have a nub for a penis!"

From what I've heard, that happens quite a lot!  LOL  (Sometimes intentionally!)

Quote To a young woman who thought she had the Chinese symbol for “beauty” tattooed on her arm:
“災 means “calamity, disaster, catastrophe”, and definitely not “beauty”, which is 美.” Whoops!

To another reader who unfortunately didn’t begin to wonder if her tattoo artist knew what he was talking about until after the fact:
“Carla is another person with gibberish faux Chinese tattooed on her back.”

To a reader who tattooed himself while apprenticing at a tattoo parlor:
“First of all, the top character 苦 is upside down. Bottom characters 阿呆 means “fool, idiot”. The tattoo is very fitting & means “bitter [or suffering] idiot”.

To the friend of a gentleman who got a tattoo while drunk and woke up wondering what the symbols etched on his arm meant:
“Why would anyone be proud of tattoo that says: “to commit any imaginable evil”?”

The moral of these sad stories? Do your research before getting a tattoo in Chinese or Japanese, lest you be branded an idiot for life!

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

Nothing says classy like a woman all dressed up for some nice elegant event---and arm/leg tattoos showing.  Better yet, a bride in her wedding dress, chest/arm tattoos exposed.

Granted, this one wouldn't be visible in any kind of formal wear, but it screams class:

In case you can't read it, it says "You must be at least this tall to enjoy this ride"

That reminds me of a scene in Deep Throat, but it'd be too difficult to explain here.  So, I'll just quote your post so that we can get another look.

Big smileI founf the tat she has on her back!
Emergence
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

Nothing says classy like a woman all dressed up for some nice elegant event---and arm/leg tattoos showing.  Better yet, a bride in her wedding dress, chest/arm tattoos exposed.

Granted, this one wouldn't be visible in any kind of formal wear, but it screams class:

In case you can't read it, it says "You must be at least this tall to enjoy this ride"

That reminds me of a scene in Deep Throat, but it'd be too difficult to explain here.  So, I'll just quote your post so that we can get another look.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 9:26pm
The artist formerly known as Madawee

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 9:10pm

Dunno, Bubba - if she only wears slacks, maybe she could get away without the 'Weekend Biker Slut'- tag 

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 8:59pm

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

Megan Fox is a very attractive woman.  However, her tattoos knock her down a few notches....
WinkAin't that 'da truth, Hooty! Even I was told if I had a tats, I wouldn't be as attractive as I am.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 8:18pm
Megan Fox is a very attractive woman.  However, her tattoos knock her down a few notches....
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 7:36pm
Well, I'm here to tell ya that they took a needle to my arm today...but it was just the annual flu shot (I got a another nifty band-aid!)
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 7:36pm

I say "don't even bother".  Just wear jeans and go down to the Justice of the Peace...or maybe to one of those chapels in Las Vegas.  Seems appropriate there.

Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 6:59pm
I don't like tattoos. I will never get one.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 3:17am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

"The Great Crayola War" I love that phrase!LOL

WinkYuppers. That is exactly the way I see it.
Actually, 4 out of 5 of our pups have tats.
Only oldest son and youngest daughter have really interesting ones.
Oldest son probably went through GREAT pain for his - a HUGE Irish/Celtic cross tat covers his entire left armpit and part of his side and arm. Kind of a thing from his time in Afgyland.
TWolf - MountainGirl - she has a small sunrise ar the beltline and I just noticed a new one on her left inner thigh, when she was exercising (when we were down in her area, a few weeks back).
The oldest two girls have an array, but then again, they are darker than the youngest three, so theirs do not show up as clearly.
In any case, I stand by what I say.
DUMB - except for AfgyBoy (it was always at the butt of his rifle; he had reason).
WHY?
You weren't born with them, we are not a tribal civilization any longer, most folk are not drunken sailors in Singapore...what is it? Self-expression? Yea. Tell ya what - try to explain that when your self expression distracts the overall desired end-result of your serious work - if you can get any.
I am not joking at all - in fact, anyone that pays attention to career sites and the like will see that many folk trying to get back into the workplace are actually having tats removed - it is a big business, now. Slow, painful, but big.
As I try and beat into the pups...think ahead 6 months, look back 6 months - would you still have done it? Any question at all...yea, you're a survivor of the 'Great Crayola War'; you've 'horror stories' to tell your grandchildren about those wild, drugged and uncivilized folks that you were captured by when you were young and not quite as wise as you've become..., 

If'n the ol'Wolfy ever gets a Tat, it will have to be on that there 'Mr. Johnson'; it will be something heartwarming and lengthwise...maybe, oh..."Welcome to the Algonquin State Forest, Please behave Yourself and Treat Others with Dignity - or just Treat Them'.
That would be confusing to the underprivilaged; they'd possibly see "WttASFPbYaTOwDojTT", for the 10-inch short-version, doncha know, cancha tell...
And yea, if'n anyone asked what happened to *me* in the 'Great Crayola War', well...I'd only be able to say, "I got f*&ked!"

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 3:06am
Is this him?

Looks like he's covered in spider veins.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 2:54am
Thor...that is not so true - if you ever get a good look at sailor's tats - especially the 'drunken shore leave' ones, you will see plenty of art & color. When I mentioned that girl earlier, the old guy I was chatting with had some OLD ones that were really colorful - and really interesting.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 12:26am
Originally posted by ProudHeart86 ProudHeart86 wrote:

It's a matter of taking the time to think about what you want, and thinking long and hard (hur hur) about every aspect of the tattoo (you know, where you want it, will it hold meaning for you 50-60 years from now, etc).  Not everyone who gets a tattoo does it to make a statement or "be edgy" :)

It's not just a matter of whether the tattoo will hold meaning in the future; it's also a matter of whether it will hold anything.

Every "older" tattoo that I've seen on people---looks like little more than a blue-black blob.  Barely discernible.  Sometimes they look like those big blotches you see on the arms and legs of older people on blood thinning meds.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 10:40pm
"The Great Crayola War" I love that phrase!LOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 5:48pm
WinkJust be sure that when you're all dressed up in that fancy business suit and making that big sales pitch to that international group, that your 'Simba' tat matches your suit and doesn't draw attention. If'n ya have 'L-O-V-E' and 'H-A-T-E' on your fingers, consider wearing gloves. If'n ya have "I Love Ozzy" on your forehead, well, you're screwed.
I dunno, maybe the creative person will make up an opening tale of their being taken prisoner-of-war and abused in 'The Great Crayola Conflict', only to be traded back for Snickers Squares. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic