Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crest mouthwash commercial is annoying

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crest mouthwash commercial is annoying
    Posted: 28 May 2011 at 2:04pm
I can't find a video of it, but the Crest pro-health mouthwash commercial is starting to grate on my nerves. Has anyone else seen it? The one where the dentist lady comes into her office, unlocking doors and all that to find her patient already there in the dental chair saying "Lets do this!".

Ok, I know I think about stuff like this too much, and we're obviously not supposed to think about it, but...

1.) How the heck did this woman get in there? The dentist is unlocking the place presumably first thing in the morning? So this psycho chick was so ramped up for her dental examination that she BROKE IN?...and then waited in a dark room for the dentist to show up? Don't these places have alarm systems? I'd think that would be mandatory seeing how they have drugs and medical equipment in there.
2.) The dentists reaction is stupid. She go's "ooh!" obviously surprised by seeing this wierdo woman in her darkened office that she just unlocked. I'd think she'd be asking the same thing I just said..."How'd you get in here!?" while calling the cops. Instead she says "Look who's early!" Right. Because theres nothing strange about this.
3.) Who the heck gets so excited about a dental exam that they'd go early enough to break in the dentists office? Has anyone in the history of dentistry been that excited for a dental exam? (If you're not, say, in extreme pain or anything)
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
Sponsored Links

Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 3:16am
I tried the Crest Pro-Health mouthwash for about 3 weeks, and it did something to my taste buds. It was like something metal was inserted into my tongue. Everything tasted like... well, metal. I did a web search about it and found this has been a problem with the Crest brand for a few years now. Unbelievable. So I quit cold turkey, poured the rest of it down the drain, and went back to using the cheap Equate brand. To those of you thinking about trying the Crest brand... DON'T! Ouch   LOL
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 2:15pm
Mmm. Nothing like metal flavored popcorn. Yummy. LOL. :D
ambrosia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ambrosia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 3:45pm
I hate ALL mouthwash commercials for the simple reason that they show close ups of peoples mouths and play loud mouth swishing noises....EWWW!  Angry
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

I tried the Crest Pro-Health mouthwash for about 3 weeks, and it did something to my taste buds. It was like something metal was inserted into my tongue. Everything tasted like... well, metal. I did a web search about it and found this has been a problem with the Crest brand for a few years now. Unbelievable. So I quit cold turkey, poured the rest of it down the drain, and went back to using the cheap Equate brand. To those of you thinking about trying the Crest brand... DON'T! Ouch   LOL
OuchThanks a lot, 3J...
That answers what I also am experiencing.
MissyDWolf just bought a big ol' jug of the stuff - humilited me for about 20 minutes while comparing 'active ingredients', 'inert ingredients', 'assorted food colorings', in the store (she made me stand there and would ask my opinion about each individual thing while other people were around...). The point that sold her? To quote MissyDWolf, "NO Alcohol! That crap burns - and you get plenty enough in your beer..."   
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Dr. Merciful View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Merciful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by d4everman d4everman wrote:

I can't find a video of it, but the Crest pro-health mouthwash commercial is starting to grate on my nerves. Has anyone else seen it? The one where the dentist lady comes into her office, unlocking doors and all that to find her patient already there in the dental chair saying "Lets do this!".

Ok, I know I think about stuff like this too much, and we're obviously not supposed to think about it, but...

1.) How the heck did this woman get in there? The dentist is unlocking the place presumably first thing in the morning? So this psycho chick was so ramped up for her dental examination that she BROKE IN?...and then waited in a dark room for the dentist to show up? Don't these places have alarm systems? I'd think that would be mandatory seeing how they have drugs and medical equipment in there.
2.) The dentists reaction is stupid. She go's "ooh!" obviously surprised by seeing this wierdo woman in her darkened office that she just unlocked. I'd think she'd be asking the same thing I just said..."How'd you get in here!?" while calling the cops. Instead she says "Look who's early!" Right. Because theres nothing strange about this.
3.) Who the heck gets so excited about a dental exam that they'd go early enough to break in the dentists office? Has anyone in the history of dentistry been that excited for a dental exam? (If you're not, say, in extreme pain or anything)

First off.  I had to prescribe myself 400mg of Pristiq to calm myself down.  Your post had me laughing so hard I began to disturb some of the patients on the ward.  

I have often felt exactly the same things about this commercial.  If that was a male patient in there when she opened the door he would be spending his morning in jail and in court the next week for a restraining order from his dentist.  

This commercial is actually completely dark and disturbing as you mentioned.  How come no one is thinking how creepy it is that this woman weasled her way into the office.  Is she not aware of office protocol?  Even if she arrived at doors open, or pilfered a key from the maintenance man, she would have to sneak past a receptionist and no offense to dentists out there, but you ain't gonna have no chair in your office for patient exams.

This commercial really infuriates me.

Dr. M
Call Powell electric, they'll fix it in a flash!
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2011 at 1:38am
Originally posted by Dr. Merciful Dr. Merciful wrote:

Originally posted by d4everman d4everman wrote:

First off.  I had to prescribe myself 400mg of Pristiq to calm myself down.  Your post had me laughing so hard I began to disturb some of the patients on the ward.  

I have often felt exactly the same things about this commercial.  If that was a male patient in there when she opened the door he would be spending his morning in jail and in court the next week for a restraining order from his dentist.  

This commercial is actually completely dark and disturbing as you mentioned.  How come no one is thinking how creepy it is that this woman weasled her way into the office.  Is she not aware of office protocol?  Even if she arrived at doors open, or pilfered a key from the maintenance man, she would have to sneak past a receptionist and no offense to dentists out there, but you ain't gonna have no chair in your office for patient exams.

This commercial really infuriates me.

Dr. M

Hahaha! Glad I at least made you chuckle, Dr. M! But that commercial really bugs me because of the reasons mentioned. Thats the big booboo of advertising I guess. You have to make your product look attractive to buyers, and most buyers won't think "That doesn't make sense!". Still, the whole "look who's early!" thing is too bogus for to buy. I get mad if someone is in my office before normal hours without permission, and I don't have drugs in it.
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic