Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - USPS "It ain't my money, I seriously do not care"
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

USPS "It ain't my money, I seriously do not care"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kamburglar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: USPS "It ain't my money, I seriously do not care"
    Posted: 15 May 2011 at 4:01pm
I hate this ad for a lot of reasons, but here are just a few: 

1. It epitomizes the attitude that ilife is about me, me, me - what a society
2. Like the mail man is going to help you not get in trouble at work
3. The boss comes in too early. He hears the guy say the entire line which makes #2 unbelievable
4. The boss leaves him hanging and then you hear an "ugh" - Annoying!

Fire the Agency.

Sponsored Links

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2011 at 2:46am
I was going to start one on this because the dude has a total LAZY EYE. And it's never explained either. I was convinced this was some silly joke where they would be like "oh my eye is this way because my boss has me looking at two shipping providers". But nope, they just decided to hire a random lazy eye guy. Next time, get a normal looking person.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2011 at 4:04am
I kind of like this one.  I don't care, it's not my money.  LOL
dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2011 at 6:37am
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

I was going to start one on this because the dude has a total LAZY EYE. And it's never explained either. I was convinced this was some silly joke where they would be like "oh my eye is this way because my boss has me looking at two shipping providers". But nope, they just decided to hire a random lazy eye guy. Next time, get a normal looking person.

Exactly! Clap  Amen.  I have nothing against people with lazy eyes, and I know he can't control it, but come on...he has a lead role in a major commercial.  Was he really the best person to hire?  Geez.  I also love how they have a close-up of the guy's eyes, as if they are trying as hard as possible to pretend both eyes look in the same direction. LOL  I also love how the video uploader chose that close-up as the video preview.
Welcome to Commercial Land. This is a magical place where all women look up while eating, and it is perfectly acceptable to slurp the hell out of a Dannon yogurt cup.
bukuz_ikan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bukuz_ikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2011 at 8:08pm
BRILLIANT commercial !!!! It 1000000% represents 98% of the working people in the US. "I Don't care it's not my money" and they are the SAME people who line up for handouts and wouldn't take a challenge even if they would be forever free of ANY burden. I work with a company that 99% of the people I tell we can lower their cost of operations by MILLIONS give the same "I don't care" response in their voice. I hope to get a better copy of this video to play on my ipad to show people why soooo many companies don't do business with us.. BRILLIANT and I hope they don't get rid of it...
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 5:12pm
Last time I checked this was "Commercials I hate" not "Bad political rants".
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by bukuz_ikan bukuz_ikan wrote:

BRILLIANT commercial !!!! It 1000000% represents 98% of the working people in the US. "I Don't care it's not my money" and they are the SAME people who line up for handouts and wouldn't take a challenge even if they would be forever free of ANY burden. I work with a company that 99% of the people I tell we can lower their cost of operations by MILLIONS give the same "I don't care" response in their voice. I hope to get a better copy of this video to play on my ipad to show people why soooo many companies don't do business with us.. BRILLIANT and I hope they don't get rid of it...

I think it might be more indicative of people who work for huge corporations.  To them, it's like working for the government, where cost is (or seems to be) of little concern.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 8:28pm
The guy's supposed to be a loser.  It's not just the eyes; it's the "ain't".

musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 1:57am

Really?  The lazy eye should prevent him from being hired to do the commercial?

When I was in high school I had a huge crush Embarrassed on a girl that had a lazy eye. 
She looked normal most of the time, but if she was tired or not concentrating, out it went.  LOL

Actually, I think the guy in this commercial doesn't just have a lazy eye, but is actually cockeyed, like Marty Feldman was.  Permanently looks in different directions.  Wink

The guy in the commercial looks a bit like former Men At Work lead singer Colin Hay.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 3:17am
Originally posted by musicman musicman wrote:

Actually, I think the guy in this commercial doesn't just have a lazy eye, but is actually cockeyed, like Marty Feldman was.  Permanently looks in different directions.  Wink

I think it's also called "wall-eyed".

jonguth3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonguth3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 6:59am
this lazy eyed guy is in the remake of friday the 13th. I enjoy seeing him getting whacked even more after this commercial
murphaleen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murphaleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2011 at 12:41am
Do you know the actor's name?
RDezzano View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RDezzano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2011 at 1:23am

Last time I checked this was "Commercials I hate" not "Bad political rants".
Really? Then how do YOUR snarky remarks become exempt from adherance to the theme of "Commercials I Hate"? .... hmmm?? ... hypocrite! Beyond that, where are the "politics" in that post that you got your panties in a wad over? What I saw was nothing less than the truth.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 4:15am
Seriously! this shows the total lack of fiscal responsibility that is rampant in todays employees. It is common with government employees and always has been (I was one). In the private sector it can backfire. Your employer can fail due to fiscal ignorance of the employees. You could easily become unexpectedly unemployed.
furloughgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furloughgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2012 at 11:38pm
This guy is great in the commercial. The lazy eye makes him even more like a "normal joe". He's supposed to represent your less than stellar employees who don't care that much. He's also in a fast food commercial but I can't remember which brand. That is a very classic commercial. So well done!
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2012 at 11:51pm
I always like Men at Work and I don't think Colin Hay's eye's ever detracted from the music. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic