Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Taco Bell - "Winner"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 133 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Taco Bell - "Winner"
    Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 8:46am
ugh, Taco Bell needs to stop advertising completely. their commercials are some of the worst, i don't know if that is intentional or not.

Brandon

my weight only stirs the ground
Sponsored Links

A Blatant Pear View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Blatant Pear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 3:26pm
Wow I'm glad someone posted about this commercial. It's probably the most annoying one right now and it's on all the time!

Actually, Dairy Queen is on a roll with their recent ad campaign too. It's called "Old Spice imitation fail."
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 9:20pm
How is this taco 88 cents, but a plain ass crunchy taco is 99 cents? I can just order one of these double decker ones while the promo is on and ask for it plain. PROBLEM TACO BELL?
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 9:47pm
They even have radio ads with douche bag screaming "Winner!!!" like he's Charlie Sheen. Very annoying! Angry
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 10:57pm
Who gets that excited over fast food.
JasperGretsch View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasperGretsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2011 at 4:14am
"It's like getting two tacos for the price of one"

Uh no it isn't. It's like getting a taco and an empty taco shell for the price of one. If it had twice the filling, then yes, it would be two for the price of one.

But it's nice to know that TB thinks it's consumer base is full of a bunch of idiots.
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2011 at 2:49pm
Taco Bell gives me MUDD BUTT!

I lose when I go to Taco Bell...this is one of the few places I boycott by all means!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2011 at 9:07pm
When I get a 30 minute lunch at work I've been heading down to TB to get food. They stopped serving the beefy crunch burrito at that location (maybe all?) so I tried this double decker taco. It's strictly ok, it's way too full of beans so the crunch of the inner taco is so muted it's almost pointless. Not to mention it was put together by a sloppy ape in the kitchen so my outside taco was barely lined up with the inside taco.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 1:34am
The commercial is probably the one I loathe the most, at this time.
The product is OLD...been around a good 5-10 years, it seems.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

That would be the normal double decker taco. The only difference is this one has nacho cheese with the beans.
keyboardplayer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keyboardplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 9:29pm
I think the creators of this travesty had been eating too much of said product and when they went to the bathroom, out came this ad.
This is your brain on commercials.
Tech View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2011 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by JasperGretsch JasperGretsch wrote:

"It's like getting two tacos for the price of one"

Uh no it isn't. It's like getting a taco and an empty taco shell for the price of one. If it had twice the filling, then yes, it would be two for the price of one.

But it's nice to know that TB thinks it's consumer base is full of a bunch of idiots.

This is what I always say when I see this commercial airing. Which is often.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2011 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

That would be the normal double decker taco. The only difference is this one has nacho cheese with the beans.
ConfusedThanks, HD...I stand corrected...they did have to find something to do with all the expired 'nacho cheese' sauce, now didn't they? 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
alext View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alext Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 3:39am
who invited the crackhead
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 1:11am

It really is annoying how every commercial these days always has some pitiful attempt at comedy and some overexcitable punkass screaming like he has diarrhea and no dime. For the love of all things holy SHUT THE HELL UP!!! Nobody should be this excited over crappy fast food.

Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
SeanyGenovese View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanyGenovese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 10:07pm
First post here...

I FCensoredING HATE THIS COMMERCIAL! HATEHATEHATE! First off, I will not even try Taco Bell because I know from many friends that it does in fact give you mudbutt the likes of which rival heavy rain on a grassy slope, and second their ad execs think we're all the same as the people in their commercials. Unless your idea of a taco is just melted cheese in a shell(which is just a quesadilla), then no, you did not get two tacos in one, you got a quesatacoclusterfCensoredk! 

[/rant]

Man I love this site. Thumbs Up
Conforming To Abnormality
133 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 133 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 11:08pm
i like your avatar Sean, great band!
Brandon

SeanyGenovese View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanyGenovese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 12:13am
Thanks man. It was this or my pretty face, but I decided for the safety of everyone's pants, to go with something a littler less smexual. Wink Feels great to no longer just be a lurker!
Conforming To Abnormality
iamthekiller View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamthekiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 7:51am
It's ironic that this guy just did a mountain of blow off the toilet bowl because he's about to blow his asshole up from eating grade D taco meat.
thesink View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thesink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 4:45pm
They went way too crazy with this one. I would have actually liked this one if the "winner" were more subdued. "Two tacos in one? I feel like a winner every time". Something as simple as that. 
My Website: The Virtual Sink
133 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 133 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 9:51am

were they trying to emulate Charlie Sheen with the "winner" thing?

Brandon

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic