Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ad Campaigns That You are Glad That Died! :D

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Original Cyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2011 at 3:29am
Crossing my fingers and hoping Vonage is finally done with using that damned "WOOOO-Hoo!!  Hoo! Hoo! Hoo!" song in any capacity in their commercials (along with "actual customers" tossing their last phone bill into the pile).
"Well-behaved women rarely make history." ~~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Sponsored Links

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2011 at 8:51pm
I see those every day.

Geico cavemen
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2011 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

I see those every day.

Geico cavemen
ConfusedI really liked the original Geiko Caveman commercial - really ttok a bit to figure who performed the background music in that one.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
DARK FATHER View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DARK FATHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2011 at 10:33pm
GEICO seems to be suffering from an identity crisis.  We all know and recognize the insufferable annoying geeky GEICO gecko pest that talks his tail off.  But cavemen and dollar stacks with eyeballs?  Wake up GEICO!  You need to be identified with ONE mascot, not multiples! 
WAY back in the day the Lucky Charms cereal replaced the leprechaun with Waldo Wizard.  Needless to say, he did not last long! 
Anyone remember when Cookie Crisp cereal came out in tghe 1970s?  The mascot was Cookie Jarvis the wizard.  Then he ended up with an enemy, the Cookie Crook.  Then it was the Cookie Crook being chased by the Cookie Cop (exit Cookie Jarvis).  Then Cookie Crook got a masked howling dog named Chip.  Then Chip lost his mask and master and became the mascot all by himself.  Now I believe Chip was replaced by a howling wolf or something.  This is how this type of ad campaign gets out of hand.  Too many mascots.
alext View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alext Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 3:14am
 Layer Player Pinch
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2011 at 6:33pm

Go meat! are back where I live, just saw one last week.

A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2011 at 8:27pm
I think Walmart's "______(insert holiday) costs less at Walmart" are gone. Didn't see an Easter one.
smittykins View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smittykins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 12:07am
Something I haven't seen for awhile--Any of those "send us your unwanted gold in this postage-paid, secure envelope and get a buttload of cash back" outfits. Wonder if the feds got after 'em?
ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 12:36am

I think the Yaz birth control commercials are gone--the ones where a group of women are at a party and are discussing birth control, and one of them starts telling about Yaz and then launches into a long recitation of the side effects etc. etc. and it turns out she's a doctor? HA HA HA I was ROTFL at that one!!!

Then they had to put out a second ad with the same chick at another party but talking into the camera about how many women might have been confused by the first commercial, and really they should blah blah blah and shouldn't blah blah blah, and be sure to blah blah blah...the second ad was more confusing than the first.

Anyway, I think the med itself was taken off the market, or it's about to be, so no more ads. Wah.
Hundreds of threads killed.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 2:28am
Originally posted by Original Cyn Original Cyn wrote:

Crossing my fingers and hoping Vonage is finally done with using that damned "WOOOO-Hoo!!  Hoo! Hoo! Hoo!" song in any capacity in their commercials (along with "actual customers" tossing their last phone bill into the pile).

Nope still playing hereAngrySick
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 4:47am
Originally posted by smittykins smittykins wrote:

Something I haven't seen for awhile--Any of those "send us your unwanted gold in this postage-paid, secure envelope and get a buttload of cash back" outfits. Wonder if the feds got after 'em?

Smitty, they probably went out of business because of many customer complaints. I read a guy gave them a bunch of Gold, and they insulted him by giving him a 50.00 check. He, knowing his Gold was worth way more than 50.00 returned the check back to them and asked for his Gold back. He didn't get his Gold back and lost the 50.00. :(  
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 8:47pm
Haven't seen State Farm's eyebrow dude in awhile.Clap
robodog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robodog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 8:57pm
I kind of miss the Burger King. That creepy refugee from Uncanny Valley hell amused me.

Too bad I can't say the same for the Geico cavemen. They seem to be dead and gone and I hope they died painfully. I still want to know what kind of idiot thought it was a good idea to give these abominations so foul that even Cthulhu retches when he sees them their own show. Thankfully the tv show's epic awfulness seems to have killed those monumentally stupid ads once and for all.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 9:11pm
Burger King had this campaign not too long ago, where they supposedly were flying to these Third World countries to let the villagers taste test Whoppers.Confused
There is a thread about it here somewhere.
Ultron 5 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ultron 5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 1:51pm
Thank God the Burger King breakfast march finally died....that was pure torture.
I comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.
Tech View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 3:51pm
"Hey Parker, wanna race home? Bet I can beatcha there."
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Tech Tech wrote:

Was that the one for some Toyota or something?  If so, it was originally portrayed that the kids were bullying "Parker" and wanted to beat him up, but then they changed it so that it appeared to be a race.

Tech View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by Tech Tech wrote:

Was that the one for some Toyota or something?  If so, it was originally portrayed that the kids were bullying "Parker" and wanted to beat him up, but then they changed it so that it appeared to be a race.

Yup, that's the one. I can't remember what the car was, but the fact that they changed it is why I hate it.
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 7:42pm
There was an ad campaign where a guy continually eats, and then his stomach explodes, with the reguirgitated food all over the room.: X Gross! It's been years since I saw this commercial, and it still disturbs me. :X
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 9:21pm
^^^You're kidding, right?Sick 
Speaking of body parts, I'm glad the PedEgg campaign is over.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

There was an ad campaign where a guy continually eats, and then his stomach explodes, with the reguirgitated food all over the room.: X Gross! It's been years since I saw this commercial, and it still disturbs me. :X

Sure you're not thinking of "Mr. Creosote" from Monty Python?
sonkab View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonkab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 4:38am
Oh no man, those Yaz commercials just turned to Beyaz now.  It's the same one with those idiots strapping a miniature Eiffel tower to the top of their car.
robodog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robodog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

I think they're referring to a commercial for the game Yoshi's Island for the SNES. And they're right, it was really disgusting. I'm glad  it's gone too.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 1:18am
Originally posted by robodog robodog wrote:

Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

I think they're referring to a commercial for the game Yoshi's Island for the SNES. And they're right, it was really disgusting. I'm glad  it's gone too.

I saw it on Youtube pretty gross.Sick
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 8:28am
No ad campaign every really dies. They just get shelved for six months to six years, then trotted out again to disgust us anew. Angry
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic