Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ad Campaigns That You are Glad That Died! :D

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ad Campaigns That You are Glad That Died! :D
    Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 2:38am
I am HAPPY that this ad campaign has died.(hence the thumbs up)

P.S. This is my take off of Tiz's "Ad Campaigns That Should Die," thread. Thanks Tiz!Big smile 

Boost Mobile's "Unwronged" ad campaigns seemed to have died, thank God. Big smile  These were really wrong situations, and Boost Mobile's point was that it was "wrong" to be pay too much for your cellphone bill, and BM said that they would charge a low "right" amount for the customers's cellphone bill.  These "wrong" situations were terrible in the ad camp.  They had one where a boy's mother put him in the dog cage to save money at the airport.  I felt sorry for the boy who was in the cage and was sure that this, in real-life would have had him taken away from his Mom for child abuse.

Another one had a red-haired chick who had long hair in her underarm.  Gross.Dead  At first, I didn't see what was wrong, as I thought that was the hair from her head, nothing bad about long head hair, but i wanted to barf when I looked closely and realized that it was her underarm hair!Dead

There was one where a pig was eating bacon at a restaurant.  I felt uncomfortable, as this obviously referenced cannibalism.Dead
Sponsored Links

bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 7:38pm
Unfortunately, there is a possibility it hasn't died.  It seems to be a new trend to pull a commercial or series off for a year or so and then restart them.  It happens all the time.  Hope you're right on this one.Thumbs Up
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 8:59pm
They still showed Billy Mays commercials long after he died.

I saw the slap chop commercial long after I thought it died.

Haven't see "smiling Bob" in quite awhile, maybe Enzyte is in trouble.
PitLoad413 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PitLoad413 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 5:39am
I'm please beyond all words of expression that those asshole-infested V8 ads have vanished, hopefully. 
DARK FATHER View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DARK FATHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 6:45am
I also am glad to not have to see Smiling Bob anymore.  All I ever felt like doing was making his smile toothless every time I saw that accursed grin of his.
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 10:53am
The Miss Cleo psychic ads have definetely died. There were lawsuits against Harris(Miss Cleo) because the customer would call, hoping to speak to Miss Cleo, and not only did they NOT get to speak to MC, and get their free call,they were put on hold while "waiting" for "Miss Cleo," and they were charged for the minutes they were on hold. When a "psychic" did finally pickup the phone, it wasn't MC, but any of her "assistants." 

The trick was that only the first minute was free, and all minutes after that were charged about 4.00. You unintentionally blew your free minute by being on hold.

It was actually in the fine print in the commercial that only the first minute was free. It also said that the call was "Entertainment only," which meant that the "psychic" didn't REALLY know about the caller. 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 1:28pm
Head-On.  Apply directly to the forehead.

msubulldog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msubulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 6:56pm
Glad that the Broadview commercials have ended Clap. But then ADT acquired them.Clap
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 1:13am
I am also happy the Unwronged Campaign has died it was pretty gross it had a coroner eating a burrito over a dead body then dropping it in and had pigs eating ham.Sick  
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 8:19am

The Truth anti-smoking campaign seems to have died, Thank God, some of those commercials were creepy as hell. I still shudder when I think of the one where dead bodies were being dumped in front of a Tobacco firm. :X  

Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by PitLoad413 PitLoad413 wrote:

I'm please beyond all words of expression that those asshole-infested V8 ads have vanished, hopefully. 

God dammit I could have had a V8 {smacks self in forehead} LOLWinkLOL

keyboardplayer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keyboardplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 7:57pm
I'm glad I haven't seen those stupid go meat ads in a long time. Everybody used to laugh at me because I would almost get violent whenever I saw those flippin' things.
This is your brain on commercials.
70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 11:54pm
Vioxx, which was an arthritis drug.  I think they were in the first batch of "This drug could kill you so see your doctor" BIG-PHARMA ads.

Luckily, Vioxx was pulled off the market a while back.
"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
keyboardplayer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keyboardplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 1:14am
Ugh, I forgot about that one. Blech.
This is your brain on commercials.
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 2:55am
Originally posted by AngryMcPisseron AngryMcPisseron wrote:

Originally posted by PitLoad413 PitLoad413 wrote:

God dammit I could have had a V8 {smacks self in forehead} LOLWinkLOL
I remember a V8 commercial where a restaurant customer eats everything except his vegetables, and the waiter bops him on the head....  Try that  in real life, that waiter would have been complained about, and most likely fired, and the customer most likely would have gotten a free meal as compensation.  I was so annoyed by the waited bopping his customer on the head.Angry
Carly Corday View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carly Corday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 10:04am
I didn't hate these V8 commercials like I hate most, and I actually LIKED the one where the wife bops her husband and he says, "You can do that all you want. I don't like V8." Seems he was being funny in a buffet line or at the kitchen counter in their home, piling his plate with not-vegetables. The whole commercial tickled me, I forget exactly why. That actor should get a large role in something good. He should star in a major show. I guess by no he's aged 10 years.

Commercials that strive to be funny should stop trying for that, and just let it happen. Ad makers aren't funny. All they can do is guess what real humans might laugh about. They're not just wrong, but HORRIBLY wrong, 99.99 percent of the time, and probably have no idea.
"Turn up the crazy and tear off the knob!"
—Stephen Colbert to Fox News whack-job Glenn Beck (Indian name "Paints with Poop")
smittykins View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smittykins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 5:40pm
I'm glad that the Geico cavemen commercials(seem to)have died.

*crosses fingers*

(Their 15 minutes of fame went at least 5 years too long.)
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 6:35pm
I haven't seen Sally Field's Boniva ads in a while.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 7:07pm
The Burger King!

I haven't seen his ass lately....
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
msubulldog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msubulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 9:41pm
I'm also glad they got rid of the commercial that was on about 2 yrs ago where it showed Coke and Pepsi drivers carting out cases of soft drinks out of a school. This commercial also featured a teacher writing about soft drinks being taken out of the schools with his back turned to his students.
ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 3:55am

I wouldn't get too happy just yet...I have a feeling many of these ads will be back.

Case in point, I'll bet you those atrocious Hillshire Farms "Go Meat" ads will be back shortly...it is, after all, coming on to grilling season.
Hundreds of threads killed.
CNick View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 4:17am
I don't know if anyone remembers the Ditech commercials with the fat guy saying "lost another one to Ditech" I hated him, glad he's gone forever.

HatyMcHater View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatyMcHater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 5:54am
The Caveman and Go Meat commercials are still being shown here. Aagh.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by CNick CNick wrote:

I don't know if anyone remembers the Ditech commercials with the fat guy saying "lost another one to Ditech" I hated him, glad he's gone forever.

Just when I'd forgotten about those.  Thanks for reminding me.  AngryLOL

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 7:47pm
Video Professor "Buy my product."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic