Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Psycho Neighbor Stories

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DARK FATHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Psycho Neighbor Stories
    Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 4:13am
We all have them,
We all hate them,
Now time to share them.

My neighbors recently all turned on me.  I have no real idea why, but at exactly the same time several months ago they all started ignoring me when I am in their sight.  If I am standing in a certain spot they do not look in that spot, but will look everywhere else.  If I move to another spot where they are occasionally looking, they will no longer look in that spot, but will now occasionally look where I was previously standing that they last ignored.  It is interesting to note that they are not really ignoring me because in order to do what they are doing they must be fully aware of my EVERY move, so this is not really an "ignore" in the sense of the word.  Still, they could not have made it any more obvious.  Then one of my neighbors came over (when I was not home) and yelled at DARK MOTHER that if she ever saw our cats in her yard again she would shoot them and dump the bodies into our yard.  She also called us "stupid irresponsible people". Odd because this used to be a friend of ours.  Ah, life in the big city!
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 5:03am
Confused...wow, sure sounds like 'small-town life' there, DF; you know - where everyone knows everyone's business and passes it all around, when in all actuallity, nobody really knows a damned thing. The good news is that everything in life is cyclic; it will all turn around over time (but if the average education level of your neighbors is around the 3rd grade, it will only be for a given spell, or until you refuse to support them again).
~~~
We have some real 'basket cases', on Wolf Island, but none too close to 'The Den' (nobody is THAT close). 
Off the trail and down the road, we have the couple who must have either won the Mega, or just inherited a ton of money. They have a nice place, nice materialistic everything. And a LOT of parties, usually starting about noon. They are also the type to run around in the snow wearing t-shirts, shorts, and duckboots (none of them LOOK like Charlie Sheen).
They have not been allowed (or, possibly figured out how) to reproduce.
They also have been getting very acquainted with a lot of the local constables, as of late - the past few weeks, there have been about 6 incidents with at least 2, but not more than 5 cars all lit up and around their place - but they are always around the next day...makes me wonder if '5-O' has been arriving because of their neighbors complaining, or if they were invited for 'dinner, drinks, and drugs'.
Maybe they play loud music - I don't know.
To the best of my knowledge, they have nothing more dangerous the cap pistols (I just have to believe they cannot get permits) and rubber pirate swords, so we've not heard any news about bloodshed, black eyes, or bruises on their shins...
I've actually been thinking these folks *could* be calling the cops on themselves, or are naturalized NorthWood Canadians..."all those stinkin' numbers on that there phone thing! Whaz the neighbor's number, Dear? Whuz it '911'? That's the only one I remember dialing, recently..."

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 5:52am
Originally posted by DARK FATHER DARK FATHER wrote:

We all have them,
We all hate them,
Now time to share them.

My neighbors recently all turned on me.  I have no real idea why, but at exactly the same time several months ago they all started ignoring me when I am in their sight.  If I am standing in a certain spot they do not look in that spot, but will look everywhere else.  If I move to another spot where they are occasionally looking, they will no longer look in that spot, but will now occasionally look where I was previously standing that they last ignored.  It is interesting to note that they are not really ignoring me because in order to do what they are doing they must be fully aware of my EVERY move, so this is not really an "ignore" in the sense of the word.  Still, they could not have made it any more obvious.  Then one of my neighbors came over (when I was not home) and yelled at DARK MOTHER that if she ever saw our cats in her yard again she would shoot them and dump the bodies into our yard.  She also called us "stupid irresponsible people". Odd because this used to be a friend of ours.  Ah, life in the big city!

I hope you're keeping your cats inside.

You might want to let the police know she threatened to kill them.

Then let her know you told the cops, & install a video security camera pointed at her yard.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
DARK FATHER View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DARK FATHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 6:53am
Jim, I did consider the police, but I strongly suspect that this neighbor might be mentally ill and not fully in control of her actions.  If I really felt like she would kill then I would definitely alert them.  And we are keeping the cats inside now that we know that it is ruffling their feathers.  This is strange because these people are fellow cat lovers and have always welcomed them into their yard.  Perhaps she is off her meds...?  Who can say?  I eagerly await the next Psycho neighbor Story from the next victim!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 2:12pm
I have a neighbor who murdered her ex-husband.  He was trying to strangle their baby and she got his gun and blew him away.  That's her story, anyway.  I think she spent 1/2 year in jail for this.  This all happened 22 or so years ago.

She's fairly nice, though a bit daft.  She might also be hooked on pain meds.  Her husband of the past 20 years is this really normal guy.  No one understands him and her together.  Her son (the one who the ex wanted to kill) is about 23 now.  Not a nice kid.  He's been surly and anti-social since I've known him (9 years).

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 2:25pm
My whole 'hood seems really depressing these days.  Marital problems, health problems, money problems, drug problems.  My one neighbor's 39 y/o wife died recently.  My other neighbor's 70 y/o brother died yesterday.

A good buddy of mine who used to live two doors down, but still keeps abreast of the neighborhood gossip, blames this one family.  He thinks they're just bad people, especially the father.  But they're moving.  My buddy says that maybe when they move "the sun will shine and the lilies will bloom again" in the 'hood.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 4:41pm
I don't have any neighbors!
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 5:21pm
I barely know or speak to any of my neighbors.

Across the street & a couple of houses down, a guy I used to know thru work about 20 years ago is now living. I don't know if he knows I live here (or would even recognize me if he saw me) but I knew it was him a few weeks ago the first time I heard him out in the front yard talking to somebody, because even after 20 years, I immediately recognized the voice.

Like me, he's 20 years older, with thinner hair & a bit heavier, but I can tell it's him. He used to do free-lance commercial artwork for the company I worked for as a draftsman. He lives there with some gal who isn't his girlfriend & he drives a really loud chopper motorcycle.

The good thing is that you can tell he tries to keep the noise down by driving it real slow thru the neighborhood. He "putts" his way to & from the main road, but still, it's very loud "putting" nonetheless.

I recall him as being a nice enough guy, if not a little screwy & not always as believable as one ought to be.

The young people next door to me are pretty cool. They're big Florida Gator fans & everytime U of F has a football game or a big March Madness basketball game on TV, they have a big party at their place. Cars up & down both sides of the street & everyone carrying 12 packs of beer inside. I can tell how the game is going by the sound of roars that go up whenever something good or bad happens.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DARK FATHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 6:25pm
My neighbors have stayed into my business ever since I moved here about 7 years ago.  The ONLY ones that we considered friends were the ones that recently threatened our cats, and we were at least on speaking terms with several of the others right near us.  But that is no more.  SOMETHING has really set them off and they will NOT talk to us about it, which I consider a very cowardly and underhanded manner of dealing with problems.  If it was ONLY the cats they should have told us, and this problem would have been solved long ago.  The Home Owners Association once sent me a nasty anonymous letter complaining about me having too much stuff in my front yard and it literally ordered me to clear up the front yard or move.  The HOA here does not have a charter and cannot enforce covenants since they failed to pay their dues, but they still try to bully people to get them to do what they want.  What INFURIATED me was the sheer COCKYNESS of the tone of that letter that was ANONYMOUS.  They were too chicken and obtuse to face up to me with a signed letter or a visit.  I was breaking NO law either.  And they put the letter UNSTAMPED directly into my mailbox which is a federal postal violation.  The way I found out who sent the letter was easy.  The dumb jackass who sent it cut off the letterhead of the letter with a pair of scissors but left enough of them so I was able to use a magnifying glass to figure out what the letters said.  It was the name of the HOA.  I went to the home of the HOA President and informed them that their contact was unwanted by me (not a member) and if they EVER contacted me in ANY form again I would sign a harassment/stalking warrant against them and SUE their butts off.  I also told them that I would alert the federal postmaster about the postal violation.  Since that time they have stopped with the letters.  My neighborhood is so full of busybodies.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

I don't have any neighbors!

On the one hand, the solace would be nice.  On the other hand, it might drive me batty.  I spent many years living amidst the noise and hubbub of the Haight-Ashbury in San Francisco.

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 7:47pm
I've lived in the same house for 31 years.  The neighbors to our right moved in two months before we did.  The neighbors to our left moved in about 21 years ago.

We have stayed in this house partially due to them, it's been a great neighborly relationship.  However, they both now own dogs that bark, heard by everyone but them.

I am ready for a condo.

MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 8:09pm
I live in an apartment now so I don't encounter with my apartment neighbors. I keep to myself as my neighbors do.

But when I was living at home, there was this hillbilly family who had 5 bastard children (literally...they were bastards...I think) The oldest one was deaf and this was the only thing she said....

The 2nd oldest seemed to be the Cinderella in her family since it seems that she had to do everything, the Middle-child is a boy who is probably going to be on "America's Most Wanted", the 2nd youngest I dunno much about, and the youngest seems to be a nudist since she runs around in what God gave her.Confused

But the worst one was their mother! She did what she wanted, she has her mom walk down the street every day and takes advantege of her, she lets her kids run wild, then their kids would let one of their dogs run wild and that dog nipped me on the leg once when I was walking home and the boy said "He doesn't bite"...I would say to him now "Bullsh*t"! Then when the cops would question her or social services, she makes a sob story about everything.

If the word "c**t" was in the dictionary...her ass would be shown! I get denied SSI/SSDI and it takes me forever to get it, but she gets it...because she has a Drug Problem...and her husband is in jail now and he reminds me of "Happy-Time Harry" from that Aqua Teen episode....

Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 11:11pm
I live "down in the hole", with only neighbors to my right. Neighbors next door come and go. Had one couple that I talked with now & then. He had lost his job and bugged me to death when I got home.
His wife worked. He was a 'peeping tom'.
I get home one evening and there were a few cop cars quite a few places up. Here comes "neighbor", wanting to talk while I just wanted to go inside. Then the cops all start looking my way(wtf! What did I do?) and start walking down.
They get down, ask neighbor "Is your name ___?"  Yes. Puts cuffs on and off they go. Ends up, he's an repeat offender that slipped through the cracks.
He was peeping through the back window at another person and got caught.  Said he was around back to use the bathroom. But he'd left his jacket there which he couldn't explain, nor why he just didn't walk the 100yds. back to his own place to use his own place.Shocked   
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 11:27pm

we were at least on speaking terms with several of the others right near us.  But that is no more.  SOMETHING has really set them off and they will NOT talk to us about it, .

More likely one of your neighbors has told nasty lies about you to the others.  If there is a house for sale on your street, have another of your friends (that they don't know) show up and ask about the neighborhood, is it a nice place to live? etc.  Somebody will spill the beans....
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DARK FATHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 2:04am
In fact there is such a house Mr Tim.  I might just do that!  I DO know from a secret source of mine that my neighbors are VERY afraid of me, (which is why they will not confront me directly) but I do not consider myself an intimidating person.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 8:39pm

In fact there is such a house Mr Tim.  I might just do that!  I DO know from a secret source of mine that my neighbors are VERY afraid of me, (which is why they will not confront me directly) but I do not consider myself an intimidating person.

Damn, Dark Father, you have to stop dressing like your avatar, stalking around the neighborhood at night! LOLLOLLOL jumping out behind bushes yelling "BOOGIE BOOGIE BOOGIE"
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DARK FATHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 12:04am
For your information Mad, I yell, "WOOGIE! WOOGIE! WOOGIE!  Totally different, thank you very much!  Wink
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DARK FATHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 5:06am
I used to room with 2 other men and a college girl.  We shared one house and we each had our own room, but shared the living room/dining room, 1 1/2 bathrooms, and the kitchen.  But we had problems with our landlord/next-door neighbor who obviously had OCD.  He would show up at the house unannounced (24 hours written notice required) when we were not there and "inspect" the house to look for ANYTHING that was not to his liking.  What a control freak this guy was!  He once called me on the phone and annnounced that he had counted my drinking cups and declared with the authority of a bishop that I owned too many cups and needed to get rid of some of them.  Each boarder had his/her own cabinet to keep each other's food from getting mixed up, and he did not like this even though it was not any concern of his.  He another time told me that I owned too many bicycles and needed to get rid of some of them (it was 3 or 4).  He would also not allow me to park my motorcycle in front of the house saying that it "made the house look as if Hell's Angels lived there".  He even moved the motorcycle without my permission to the back yard when I was at work once.  But I will never forget the day that I found a wireless microphone taped under the chair in our common living room!  Yes, he BUGGED our house!  I deactivated the bug and took it to Radio Shack to see if it was operational, and found that it was, and with a fresh battery.  I still have this microphone somewhere to remind myself that this was not a dream.  A person likely has a better chance of getting struck by lightning or winning the lottery than being the victim of a BUG, but it happened to me!  Was I ever glad to move away from this pathetic wretch!
Revolennon View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revolennon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 10:28am
I'm very sorry for your troubles, but omg you have no idea how hard that made me laugh!! LOL
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 10:17pm
^^^ "Too many cups..."LOL     Wonder just what else that guy was inspecting while no one was home.
Anyone start missing underwear? Man, I would've had a field day with that "hidden" microphone.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DARK FATHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 12:31am
Well Tiz, when the college girl moved out another woman took her place, and I know he had the hots for her.  But no one ever reported underwear missing. 
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DARK FATHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 4:21am
Before the wife and I married we occupied a downstairs apartment together in our old home city.  We lived under an apartment full of stripper girls that were up and awake 24/7.  They would CONSTANTLY dance across the floor with maybe an hour break once or twice a day.  They also liked to play loud music.  I would go upstairs to complain and when they opened the door there would often be an orgy going on in the apartment with men and women shamlessly copulating all over the living room.  The music would also stop when I knocked on the door and they would lie and say that there was no music.  I could sometimes also tell by their hugely dilated eyes that they were likely coked up.  They must have worked seperate shifts because there was never a single day that there was not some noisy pest up there.  I assume that the others were at the strip club doing their pole dancing since someone had to be working.  I was so glad when they were finally evicted.  Then DARK MOTHER and I married we moved to another city.  Our first apartment had loud partying teenage pests next door and I tired of their noise.  The second apartment we had was a downstairs one and there was something wrong with our neighbors upstairs.  These were similar to the strippers with their noise. There was one particular man that would stomp around loudly like he seldom, if ever, sat down.  And every 15 minutes he would leave the apartment, stomp loudly down the stairs, and get into his SUV and drive away.  Almost exactly 15 minutes later he would return in the SUV, stomp loudly up the stairs, and resume his loud stomping upstairs.  And then after another 15 minutes (you could set your watch by it) he would repeat the same annoying OCD ritual with the same return in 15 more minutes.  We NEVER did figure out just what the HELL this fool was doing but I have no idea how he stayed moving so constantly.  I suspected that he might have been moving drugs with all that traveling.  I also wonder why he did not tear up the starter in that SUV with all that constant firing it up.  Interestingly not long after we left that apartment he had someone shoot his SUV with an assault rifle while he was downtown.  He gave a very unbelievable story in his police report about the incident and it happened in a drug-infested area  (which fed my suspicions that he might be a drug courier).
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 4:58am
We just had some NEW neighbors that spooked us.
They bought nice place at the end of the WolfyWoods, about a mile down, about four months ago...they came from Ohio, so I believe.
They weren't the 'chatty' types.
They were VERY RARELY at home - reminded me of our younger days - but they had no kids - and they got a BIG place; they had BIG cars, when we saw them. In other words, they certainly had greenbacks.
Today, in the middle of the day, there was a moving truck at their place - everything being hauled out in possibly the fastest hurry I've ever seen - and neither of them were there. The truck was NICE, but non-descript - NO ads, NO info on it. I DID go check it out as it was leaving, but no information..."Mr. NoseyWolf" only saw numbers on the truck and Iowa license plates. WEIRD.
They are now gone.
We never knew their names; never heard their voices.
I'd wonder if they were in 'Witless Protection', but that wouldn't make sense since Wolfy Island is run by a bunch of old Mafioso, who reside at the other end of the Island (we have NO discomfort and they don't care about MissyDWolf, since she is 'retired'). 

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 5:36am
Maybe they were being robbed, Pa.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 5:46am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Maybe they were being robbed, Pa.

Big smileI've actually seen exactly that in Florida, before, many years back - thanks for the reminder! Happened to our neighbors at the end of the block we lived on, in Tampa.
You MIGHT have a point.
Well, if I *ever* see these peeps again, I'll ask 'em - but these folks were almost TOO 'private'.
Got the Iowa plates...but they could have come from any 'commercial' truck...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic